IEEE PEDES 2016-Hosted by MBCET
PEDES, the IEEE sponsored series of International Conferences on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems was started in 1996. The first in the Series, PEDES 1996 was held in New Delhi. It was followed by PEDES 1998 in Perth, Australia; PEDES 2006 & PEDES 2010 in New Delhi, PEDES 2012 in Bangalore and PEDES 2014 in Mumbai. PEDES 2016 was held at Trivandrum and was sponsored by the four important IEEE societies, viz., the IEEE Industry Application Society, IEEE Power Electronics Society, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society and IEEE Power and Energy Society. The event was hosted by Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology.
The sessions on 14th Dec 2016 was held at Hotel UdaySamudra, Kovalam, Trivandrum and included one full day tutorials and the inaugural ceremony. The sessions from 15th Dec to 17th Dec 2016 was held at MBCET and included plenary talks and over 350 paper and poster presentations in 6 different tracks over 9 different venues. Over 500 delegates from 21 countries all over the world participated in the Conference.
The tutorial sessions were handled by eminent personalities – Mr. Joachim Holtz from University of Wuppertal, Germany, Mr. Anurag K Srivastava, Professor & Director of Smart Grid Demonstration and Research Investigation Lab School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Washington State University, Mr. LalitGoel, Professor of Power Engineering & Director of Office of Global Education & Mobility Nanyang Technological University Singapore, AlirezaKhaligh Professor & Director of the MPEL, University of Maryland, College park, USA.
Plenary talks were handled by eminent personalities like Dr. Deepak Divan, Professor, John E Pippin Chair, GRA Eminent Scholar and Director of the Center for Distributed Energy at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, GA; Dr. Ambrish Chandra, Professor of Electrical Engineering Department at École de TechnologieSupérieure, Université du Québec, Montréal, Canada; Dr. Prasad Enjeti, lead developer of the Power Electronics / Power Quality & Fuel Cell Power Conditioning Laboratories at Texas A&M University; Dr. Jih-Sheng (Jason) Lai, James. S. Tucker Endowed Chair Professor and Director of Future Energy Electronics Center (FEEC); Dr. Praveen Jain, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Power Electronics, and Director of the Queens Centre for Energy and Power Electronics Research at Queens University. Dr. Sheldon S. Williamson, Associate Professor at the Smart Transportation Electrification and Energy Research (STEER) group, within the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Software Engineering, at the University of Ontario-Institute of Technology (UOIT) in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada; Dr. Koki Matsuse, Emeritus Professor in Dept of Electrical Engineering, Meiji University; Dr. Seung-Ki Sul, Professor, School of the Electrical and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University.
The conference provided a unique forum for the exchange of knowledge and information among the professionals across the globe in the areas of Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems – subjects which have greater significance owing to the emphasis on Energy affected by the climate change. The Conference concluded with panel discussion followed by the valedictory session. Variety of programs was performed by the students of MBCET for Gala dinner arranged for all delegates on 16th December 2016 and was well appreciated by all.
The delegates congratulated the efforts taken by MBCET team in organizing the event. The General Chair of the Conference was the Principal, Dr T M George. The hospitality and local arrangement co-ordinators of the event were Prof A S Shajilal, Ms Elizabeth Varghese and Ms C SojyRajan. The technical program chair was DrUnnikrishnan A K and the publication chair was Ms Divya N A
KSCSTE, IET and EMC sponsored STTP on E-Vehicle: A Green Approach for Sustainable Development (EV-GASD ’19)
Coordinators: Ms. Archana A. N. (Assistant Professor) and
Mr. Midhun G. (Assistant Professor)
The Short Term Training Programme on E-Vehicle: A Green Approach for Sustainable Development (EV-GASD’19) was organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering& Technology, Trivandrum, from 7th January 2019 to 11th January 2019. The programme was sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), TheInstitution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and Energy Management Centre (EMC), Kerala.
The objective of the course was to impart technical expertise to the professional community including faculty, researchers and industrialists in the field of Electric Vehicles. Through the lectures of eminent speakers, the Programme was successful in giving an exposure to various fields like Electrical machines and power electronic applications in Electric Vehicles, Energy storage system and battery management and modeling, Control techniques of various Electrical machines, Communication protocols for Electric Vehicle charging stations etc. An industrial interaction with CDAC on E-mobility related technological developments was also included which enabled the faculty and research scholars to take up research initiatives in these areas.
The programme was inaugurated at Faraday Hall, MBCET on 7th January 2019 at 9.30 a.m. by Prof. Baylon G Fernandes, Head of the EEE Dept., IIT Bombayand Rev. Fr. Bitty Mathew, MBCET in the presence of Dr. Nisha G.K, Assistant Head of the EEE Department and other dignitaries. The sessions of the FDP were
- “Introduction to Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles”, by Prof. Baylon G. Fernandes, Head of the EEE Dept., IIT Bombay.
- “Power Electronics Applications in Electric Vehicles” by Dr. Dinesh Gopinath, Associate Professor, EEE Department, GEC, Idukki
- “Energy Management Strategies in Electric Vehicles” by Dr. Ajay Babu, Assistant Professor, NSSCE, Palakkad.
- “Principles of various Electric Machines and Control in Electric Vehicles” by Dr. Nisha G.K, Associate Professor, EEE Department, MBCET.
- “Energy storage systems, Battery Management and Modeling in Electric Vehicles” by Dr. K. Deepa, Assistant Professor, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru.
- “Communication Protocols used in EV Charging stations” by by Mr. Nithin S, Assistant Professor, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- “E-Mobility related power electronic technology developments in CDAC” by Shri Renji. V. Chacko, Associate Director, Power Electronics Group, CDAC-T.
- The Demo sessions were handled by Smt. Sreedevi M.L, Principal Engineer, Power Electronics Group, CDAC-T on “Performance Evaluation of EV/HEV systems using xEV Offline Simulator”, Smt. Mineeshma G.R., Senior Engineer, Power Electronics Group on “Component Sizing of EV/HEV subsystems using Backward Modelling approach” and Shri Amal.S., Principal Engineer, Power Electronics Group, CDAC-T on “Real time Simulation and Controller Prototyping using xEVSim”.
A total of 49 participants comprising external faculty, internal faculty, research scholars, PG and UG students successfully completed the course
Short Term Training Programme on Distributed Generation and Smart Grids – DSG’18
The Short Term Training Programme on Distributed Generation and Smart Grids, DSG’18 was organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Association, Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum, from 30th July to 1st August 2018. The programme was sponsored by Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC), SEPTECH-MBCET Chapter, Energy Management Centre (EMC), Kerala.
The objective of the course is to impart technical expertise to the professional community including faculty, researchers and students in the field of Distributed Generation and Smart Grids. Through the lectures of eminent speakers, the Programme intends to give an exposure to various fields like Combined Heat and Power Systems, Energy Management, Microgrid and its control, Smart grid, Power quality issues, Smart metering and Smart substation, WAMS, PMU, Hybrid electric vehicles and Cloud Computing which will enable the participants to take up research and project initiatives in these areas.
The programme was inaugurated on 30th July 2018 at 9.30 a.m. by Dr A.M Narayanan, Head-Energy Efficiency, EMC and Rev. Fr. John Vilayil, Bursar, MBCET in the presence of Prof. A S Shajilal, Head, Department of EEE and other dignitaries.
Ms Divya N A, SEPTECH-MBCET Coordinator and Coordinator of the STTP gave a brief description about the Programme overview. Ms. C Sojy Rajan, Co-ordinator of the STTP welcomed all the dignitaries on and off the dais and the participants. Dr T M George, Principal MBCET gave the Presidential Address and Dr A.M Narayanan delivered the keynote address.Fr. John Vilayil, Bursar MBCET honoured the Chief Guest.The felicitation was given by Prof. A SShajilal, HOD, Dept of EEE. Mr. Midhun.G, Co-ordinator of the STTP proposed the Vote of Thanks.
After the Inauguration and tea break, the first session was on “Combined Heat and Power Systems and Energy Management”, by Mr. Aneesh Rajendran, Energy Technologist, Energy Management Centre, Trivandrum. The afternoon session on “Introduction to Microgrid and Smart Grid and its control strategies” was engaged by Dr. Harikumar R., Assistant Professor EEE Department CET, Trivandrum.
The first session on the second day started with the lecture of Ms. S. Asha, Assistant Professor, CSE Department, MBCET by on the topic “Cloud Computing in Smart Grid”. After the tea break session, Dr. Francis M. Fernandez, AssistantProfessor, EEEDepartment, CET took a lecture on “Power Quality Issues in Smart Grids”. The afternoon session was handled by Mr. George V James and Mr. Bipin Shankar, Deputy Chief Engineer SLDC, Kalamassery, KSEBL on the topics – “Smart Substation, Smart Metering and Electricity Tariff”.
On the third day, forenoon session was handled by Mr. Aby Joseph, Project Director, Power Electronics Group, CDAC, Trivandrum on the topics Wide Area Measurement System (WAMS) and Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) and afternoon sessions were handled by Dr. Nisha G.K, Associate Professor, EEE Dept, MBCET on the area of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and V2G Technology.
A total of 42 participants successfully completed the course for the award of certificates. Dr. Nisha G.K., Assistant HOD, Department of EEE, proposed the Vote of thanks to participants, department staff, speakers and the sponsors – IEDC and EMC for their support to make the programme a grand success.
KTU SPONSORED FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME On IoT IN SMART GRID–ISG’18
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering conducted the KTU sponsored Faculty Development Programme during 11-01-2018 to 13-01-2018 on the topic “Internet of Things in Smart Grid”.
The Programme was inaugurated on 11th January 2018 at 9.30 a.m. by Mr.S R Anand, Deputy Chief Engineer, State Load Dispatch Centre of Kerala, Kalamasserry in the presence of Rev. Fr. John Vilayil, Bursar, Rev. Fr Raju Parakoor, Asst. Bursar, Prof. Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal, & other dignitaries. Asst. Professors, Ms. Shyju Susan Mathew, and Ms Manju Sreekumar were the Co-ordinators of the programme. Participants from various institutions attend the programme. All sessions were handled by experts from NITs, R & D organization, and other reputed institutions.
Total of 42 participants comprising 14 external faculty, 12 internal faculty and PG students successfully completed the course for the award of certificates.
KSCSTE & EMC Sponsored Short Term Training Programme on Advancements in Power Electronics, Drives for Grid Connected Renewable Energy Systems – APGRES’17
The Short Term Training Programme on “Advancements in Power Electronics and Drives for Grid Connected Renewable Energy Systems-APGRES’17” was organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology from 19th to 23rd June 2017. The programme was sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) and Energy Management Centre (EMC), Kerala.
The course was focused on giving a wide exposure on the applications of Power Electronics in Renewable Energy Systems, Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources, Power Quality issues and their mitigation, Energy Conservation and Management etc. This course was also aimed at offering a unique opportunity to faculty, research scholars and academicians, working in the relevant topics in Power Electronics applications to come closer through theoretical sessions and laboratory based demonstrations.
The programme was inaugurated on 19th June 2017 at 9.30 a.m. by Mr. Ajith Gopi, Programme Officer and Head, Technical Consultancy Division, ANERT and Rev. Fr. Raju Parukoor, Asst. Bursar, MBCET in the presence of Prof. A S Shajilal, Head of the Department of EEE and Dean Academics, Prof. M. K. Giridharan and other dignitaries.
Ms. Surasmi N L, Co-ordinator of the STTP welcomed all the dignitaries on and off the dais, participants and the in-house staff. Mr. Ajith Gopi delivered the keynote address. The felicitation was given by Prof. A S Shajilal, HOD, Dept of EEE. Ms. Vandana P, Co-ordinator of the STTP proposed the Vote of Thanks.
Total of 41 participants comprising 15 external faculty, 16 internal faculty and 10 PG students successfully completed the course for the award of certificates.
Sequential Faculty Development Programme (SFDP) on “Electrical Systems Design”
The Department of EEE has initiated a new venture to enhance the teaching capabilities of Engineering College teachers. The first of the series is on the subject ‘Electrical Systems Design’, a core subject in the eighth semester Electrical & Electronics branch. The revised syllabus (2013 scheme of Kerala University) of Electrical Systems Design covers several new features of Electrical systems design. The non availability of adequate printed literature and the over dependence on statutory documents, has made it difficult for the teachers to teach the subject effectively. In the light of this, the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, MBCET is organizing a Sequential Training Programme on Electrical Systems Design. The course content is primarily concentrating on the 8th semester syllabus content of the University of Kerala. Certainly this would be a good opportunity for the faculty members who are teaching this subject during the current semester to enhance and enrich their knowledge in this area.
The resource persons include experts from industry under the leadership of Prof M K Giridharan, Dean (Academics), MBCET who is the author of Electrical System Design books which are included as references by Kerala University. The FDP was held from 28th January to 8th April, 2017. Participants include faculties from Government colleges as well.
Course Coordinators: Mr. Rejish Babu F R and Ms. Jomole Joseph.
IMPULSE LECTURE SERIES
Department of EEE started “Impulse Lecture series” in 2018. The following lectures were delivered:
Faculty-in-charge: Ms. Sheenu P and Ms. Soumya A V
- PWM Inverters: An expert lecture by A. S. Shajilal, Professor, Dept. of EEE, MBCET was delivered for the fifth semester B.Tech Students.
- Automatic Control Systems: An expert lecture by Elizabeth Varghese, Associate Professor, Dept. of EEE, MBCET was delivered for the fifth semester B.Tech Students.
- Career Guidance – Opportunities in defence and banking sectors: Mr. A. Purushothaman, Managing Director, KSFE Pvt. Ltd. delivered a talk on 25/10/18 for the pre-final year B.Tech students.
- Embedded Systems- Recent Developments:Mr. Rakesh M., Principal Engineer, BCG-I, CDACdelivered a talkfor the pre-final year students.
- Application of 555 timer as multi-vibrator: An expert lecture by Sheenu P for the third semester B.Tech Students.
- A Hands-on training on “ORCAD PSpice Simulation Software” was given by Aswin R.B.for the third semester B.Tech students.
- Current Transformers and Potential Transformers: An expert talk by Mr. Arun S. Mathew, Assistant Professor, LBS College of Engineering, Kasargod was delivered for the fourth semester B.Tech Students.
- Energy Management and Energy Audit: An Introduction by Mr. AneeshRajendran, EMC, Trivandrum on 9th March 2018 for final year B.Tech students.
- “Home PV System: An Overview”by Prof. M.K. Giridharan on 9th March 2018 for final year B.Tech students.
- “Technical Journal Writing” by Dr. G.K. Nisha on 22nd March 2018 for Final years and P.G. students.
As a part of Academic lecture series an invited talk on “Line Following Robot Design” by Dr. Jisha V R, Asst. Professor, CET, was held on 24th April 2017. Few faculty members, S8 EE and PG (M4 CS) students attended the session.
The Department organized an invited talk on “DC – DC Converter Applications in Satellite and Launch Vehicles” by Mr. Manoj R, Scientist E, ISRO on March 30th 2017. Few faculty members, all PG students (Power Control and Drives) and S6, EE students who have chosen SMPC as elective attended the session.
The EE department is organized an invited talk on ‘Control System Design of Launch Vehicles’ by Dr. V. Brinda, Head, CLD/CGDG, ISRO on 16th January 2017. All faculty members specialized in control systems and the PG students of control systems stream attended the session.
Talk on “Innovation and Inspiration” to do innovative work was held in the department for 1st year students by Mr. N Niranjan on 16th February 2017.
- R&D Activities
Approval granted for following in-house R&D projects, recommended by the MBCET research promotion committee.
- “Smart Meeting Room”: Sheenu P. and Ms. Soumya A.V.
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 42,000/-
- “Solar Powered Water Pumping System”: Sandhya P.
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 85000/-
- “Vibration Energy Harvesting”: Archana A. N. and Ms. Shilpa Susan Peter
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 35000/-
- “Design and Implementation of Control Strategy for Load Sharing and Circulating Current Minimization in Grid Application”: Nisha G K and Ms. JeneenaBabu
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 73000/-
- “SVPWM based Dual Multilevel Inverter fed Induction Motor Drive for Common Mode Voltage Elimination”: Midhun G.
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 65000/-
- “A comparison on the performance of BLDC motor drive with DBR, Luo and BL-Luo as Converters”: Dr Nisha G K, Ms C. SojyRajan, Mr Midhun G.
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- “Optical tuning Of PID controller for a second order system” : Elizabeth Varghese and Ms. Anu Gopinath
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 40,000/-
“Speed and Position control system of DC servo motor”: Ms. Shyju Susan Mathew and Ms. Keerthi S Nair.
Amount sanctioned: Rs. 55,000/-
The Department actively engages in updating its technical skills and knowledge and foster Industry – Institution interaction through various technical activities of the Electrical Engineering Students association-‘ILLUMINA’. The technical association of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of MBCET, ‘ILLUMINA’ started its journey on 4th March 2005. Talks by experts from various organizations, debates, technical quizzes, paper presentations, etc. conducted by the Association ensure constant motivation and encouragement to the students for their overall development of personality and technical exposure. Apart from this, as a part of social commitment, the students voluntarily take part in charity programmes.
Faculty in charge of ILLUMINA: Ms Divya N A and Mr. Midhun G (ADD)
- LabVIEW: A 5 day internship programme on Motion Control using LabVIEW was conducted from 17/07/18 to 21/07/18. Mr. Shino G. Babu, TIERA Trivandrum was the resource person. 24 students successfully completed the programme. The programme was coordinated by Ms. C. SojyRajan., Assistant Professor.
- One day Workshop on Adobe Photoshop: Illumina, the Department association of Electrical and Electronics Department conducted one day workshop on Photoshop on 12th, November 2016. The sessions were taken by Arun P Raj and Mr. Akshay S.P, S5 students of Electrical and Electronics Department. 48 students participated for the workshop.
- PLC-SCADA Training
- A 5 day Industrial Automation Workshop was conducted for S8 Electrical students from 24th to 28th November 2014 for which 60 students participated. It was conducted by Automation and Control Systems, Pune. Each student paid Rs.700/- for the training. Certificates were issued at the end of the training programme.
- Topics covered: Training on PLCs of Mitsubishi, Messung and SCADA software with basics fundamentals of Robot.
- Workshop on Electrical System Design
- Global Institute for Design Engineering along with Illumina organized an Industrial Electrical designing workshop (a two day programme) at MBCET on behalf of work skill development initiation for S8EE students.The workshop was conducted on 15th and 16th of January 2015, for which Rs. 1000/- was collected from each student. 25 students participated.
- Topics covered: Design of buildings (Low tension and High Tension). Students were divided into groups and were asked to design as per the given guidelines. It was a very interactive session.Certificates and materials (handbook on Electrical Design) were distributed.
- AutoCAD Training
Association is conducting AutoCAD electrical training with Autodesk Certification for final year electrical students, which includes:
– Software training using AutoCAD Electrical 2013 software.
– Autodesk course completion certificate.
Course duration: 30 hrs30 students are attending the course from 15-01-14 (4:15 pm- 5:30 pm) on all working days.
- A 40 hrs workshop on “Electrical CADD” for the 8th Semester students was organized in March 2013.
- A two day Workshop on “Basic Course on the use of Ansys- Maxwell Software” was organized on 17th & 18th January 2013 for the PG students.
- A Workshop was organized on Robotics for the 7th semester students by Rhydo Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Cochin.
- A 40 Hrs training programme was conducted for the final year students on Auto CADD Electricalwith Autodesk Certification (Autocadd 2d, Electrical CADD) by Lines and Circles, Chettikulangara, Trivandrum on April 2013.
ACCOLADES WON BY STUDENTS (CURRICULAR ACTIVITES):
- Aiswarya Ajay, Midhun M. S., Vrinda A. R. (S6 EE1) has actively participated in Workshop on DIALux and Lighting Design at MBCET on 31st March 2019.
- Midhun M. S. (S6 EE1) attended Mobile Photography workshop held as part of Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- Mathew Sibi (S6 EE1) attended an Interactive Session on MotorC by TORC on 10th March 2019 as part of Crossroads ’19.
- Viswanth V. S. (S6 EE1) attended Virtual Reality Workshop conducted on 2nd March 2019 as part of Crossroads ’19 in association with Kerala Start up Mission and IEDC.
- Joseph John Panicker (S6 EE1) won first prize (cash prize) in Penta abilita (presentation in 5 mins) and also third prize in ‘talent de presentation’ (paper presentation) for Cogniz ’19, a techno-cultural fest of Bishop Jerome Institute of Engineering and Technology from 18th to 20th February 2019.
- Rahul S. (S6 EE1) attended Build with Virtual Reality Workshop conducted at GEC, Barton Hill in association with Aagneya ’19 on 16th and 17th February 2019.
- Rahna R. N., Reshma Susan John, RehnaIlliyas, Rahul S., Anas M. and Bibin Sam Varghese (S6 EE1) won second prize in DA VINCI, a workshop on plotters, conducted by TachlogPvt. Ltd on 2nd and 3rd February 2019 as a part of Aagneya ’19, by Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Trivandrum.
- Jerin Sam James and Midhun M. S. (S6 EE1) attended STTP on E-Vehicle: A Green approach for Sustainable Development, organised by Dept. of EEE, MBCET, from 7th to 11th January 2019.
- Jerin Sam James (S5 EE1) has been appointed as Chief Technical Officer of Catalyst MBCET IEDC from 15th January 2018 to 31st December 2018.
- Reshma Susan John attended Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning Workshop, organised by ISTE MBCET students’ chapter in association with Department of Computer Science & Engineering, MBCET during July 30th, 31st and November 10th and 11th, 2018.
- Aleena Anna Mathew, Jerin Sam James, Joseph John Panicker, Mekha Nair M. I., Midhun M. S., Sanjna Pramod (S5 EE1) Aravind H, Ashwini A. Kammath, Vaishaki Ramesh (S5 EE2) attended the IOT congress held in Bangalore on October 9 and 10, 2018.
- Midhun M. S. (S5 EE1) underwent a five days long internship program on Motion controllers using LabVIEW from 17/7/2018 to 21/7/2018 by TIERA
- Adarsh Chandra Mohan, Adithya S. Kumar, Bibin Sam Varghese, Lavina S. Vijay, Souparnika V. M. attended the Short term training programme on Distributed Generation and Smart Grid in MBCET from 30 July 2018 to 1 August 2018.
- AiswaryaVijayan, Anna Sara George, GopikaChandralal, Neha Nataraj, Sangeetha G. S. (S5 EE1) completed Industrial Training conducted by KSEB at 110 KV substation Paruthippara from 28-7-18 to 02-8-18.
- Abhiram S, Drishya Raj, SherinKochummen, Teena Anna Mathew (S5 EE1) successfully completed the Internship training at KeltronKarakulam Trivandrum from 12-7-18 to 18-7-18.
- Aleena Anna Mathew has successfully completed the Internship Training at KeltronKarakulam Trivandrum from 26-7-18 to 31-7-18.
- Adarsh Chandra Mohan, Akhil Mohan, Anatha Krishnan R, Anas M, Mathew Sibi, Rahul S., Sandeep M. S. (S5 EE1) completed Industrial Training at KSEB 66 KV substation Vattiyoorkavu from 9-7-18 to 13-7-2018.
- Adithya S. Kumar, Bhavana Suresh, Vishnuduth A. S. (S5 EE1) participated in the 5 day long Internship Programme in Tyrannus Innovative Engineering and Research Academy Private Limited from 17-7-18 to 21-7-18.
- Aparna Srikanth (S5 EE1) has successfully completed the NPTEL course on Sustainability through green manufacturing systems.
- Bhavana Suresh (S5 EE1) has successfully completed the NPTEL course on Innovation, Business Models and Entreprenurship.
- Josna Jose, Lavina S. Vijay, and Souparnika V. M. (S5 EE1) successfully completed the NPTEL course on Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering.
- Anakha L. V., Lavina S. Vijay, Parvathy Ajayan, Manisha Manoj and Souparnika V. M. (S5 EE1) completed 5 days Internship Programme at Poojappura substation.
- Bibin Sam Varghese (S5 EE1) completed Industrial Training on Manufacturing of MCB from 7-7-18 to 25-7-18.
- Shinoj Philip John, Sebin Sebastian, Jonathan Joseph Cleetus, Sanjo Santhosh, and Rohit Mathew Samuel (S5 EE1) participated in the Industrial Training conducted by KSEB at 110 KV substation TERLS from 4-7-18 to 9-7-18.
- Jobby Johnson (S5 EE2) participated in Hovercraft competition & Aero Modelling competition held at IIT Madras as part of Shaastra 2018.
- Amal S, Navneeth M. S , Naveen Sreenivas, Prabhu Prakash, Ann Elizabeth Babu, Arjun Vinod, BaluBijubal, LaluPremjith, Sherry M. Elias (S3 EE) participated in robotic workshop level 1 conducted by IEDC MBCET on 7th and 8th Oct 2018.
- Reshma Susan John, Vrinda A R (S5 EE1), Navya S. Warrier, Amritha P Anil, Sruthi S B, Sruthi T Nair, AnupamaS,Nandana S. Nair (S3 EE1) participated in Photoshop workshop by IEEE-WIE society at MBCET on 11-8-18.
- Aleena Anna Mathew (S6 EE1) was selected as the Secretary of IEEE-MBCET EXECOM 2018-19.
- Lavina Vijay, Rahul S. and Souparnika V. M. (S6 EE1) secured first position in Fine Arts Marathon held as part of Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- Akhil Mohan, Joseph John Panicker, Mekha Nair M. I., Midhun M. S., Neha Nataraj, Sanjna Pramod, Sanjo Santhosh, Sree Hari S. B., Vrinda A. R. (S6 EE1) secured third position in Fine Arts Marathon held as part of Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- AbhijithSyam, Eldose George (S6 EE2) secured first prize in Group Song for Baselian Fest 2019.
- AbhijithSyam, Eldose George (S6 EE2) secured first prize in Group Song for Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- AbhijithSyam, Eldose George (S6 EE2) secured first prize in Group Song for Hestia ’19, held at TKM College of Engineering Kollam on 31st March 2019.
- Aishwarya A. P. (S6 EE2) secured third prize in Essay writing for Baselian Fest 2019.
- AkhilReji George, Febi Shine (S6 EE2) secured first prize in Malayalam debate for Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- AkhilReji George (S6 EE2) secured second prize in Malayalam debate at LBS Poojappura on March 3rd, 2019.
- AkhilReji George (S6 EE2) secured third prize in English debate at LBS Poojappura on March 3rd, 2019.
- AkhilReji George (S6 EE2) secured first prize in Malayalam debate for Baselian Fest 2019.
- Ashwini Kammath got the IET Best Leadership Award.
- Aleena Anna Mathew (S6 EE1) secured first prize in Short story writing for Baselian Fest 2019.
- Frijina A. (S6 EE2) secured third prize in Short story writing for Baselian Fest 2019.
- Jobby Johnson got the IET Best Young Engineer Award.
- AkhilReji George, Febi Shine (S6 EE2) secured first prize in Malayalam debate for Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- Jonathan Joseph Cleetus, ManjimaManikandan (S6 EE2) secured third prize in Malayalam debate for Ragam ’19 at National Institute of Technology Calicut from March 22 to 24, 2019.
- Shinoj Philip (S6 EE2) secured third prize in Malayalam debate at LBS Poojappura on March 3rd, 2019.
- Jerin Sam James, Bibin Sam Varghese, Akash R. S., Drishya Raj, Manisha Manoj, AiswaryaVijayan (S5 EE1) volunteered in strengthening post flood relief work conducted by District Administration from 24th to 31st August 2018.
- Adithya S. Kumar, Joseph John Panicker, Mekha Nair, Bhavana Suresh, volunteered in strengthening post flood relief work conducted by Bhub.
- Jobby Johnson (S5 EE2) had participated in expo in Adharva 2018.
- Geogi George and LinsonS of S4 EE2 represented MBCET in mime competition and secured first position in the fest of LBS Institute of Science and Technology.
- S. Sajeevan (S5 EE2) got selected in KTU university Cricket team.
- Joyal T. John of S4 EE2 was one amongst the four members of MBCET e-yantra team who won second placeinAll India National Level Robotic Competition held in IIT Bombay.
- Ms.Julie Elis Lagi of S4 EE2 represented KTU for All India Inter University Netball Tournament 2019.
- Jerin Sam James, Joseph Panicker, Abhiram A P, Midhun M S of S4EE1 and Jobby Johnson (S4EE2) got their idea selected as BEST IDEA in the prestigious event IDEA FEST 2018 conducted by Kerala Startup Mission.
Project Name: Green Aqua Generator
Fablab support and mentoring with funding support: Rs. 20,000/-
- Sajeevan R S and Nikhil P Nair of S4EE2 participated in Autobots Workshop at MBCET on 24th & 25th March 2018.
- A total of 20 students (S6EE1, S6EE2, S4EE1 and S4EE2) completed TIERA internship on Labview at MBCET on 16th to 21st July 2018.
- Sandra, Varsha and Allen J of S6EE1 participated in KAIZEN IOT Workshop conducted by IIT Madras during the month of June, 2018.
- Aditya S Kumar, Bibin Sam Varghese an Adarsh Chandra Mohan of S4EE1 participated in “Think 10X” Workshop conducted by IEDC at MBCET on 24th February 2018.
- 6 students of EEE department attended “Photography Workshop” conducted by ASCE-MBCET on 20th July 2018.
- All the students of S2EE, S4EE and S6EE completed their internship at many places of KSEB Electrical section office, Milma plant, TELK Angamaly and Accubits Technologies during June – July 2018.
- 4 students of S8, EE got placed in the companies Infosys and Travancore Analytics.
- AiswaryaVijayan, Anna Sara George, Gopika Chandralal, Sangeetha G. S. of S3, EE1 participated in the Sphere Drone Design Workshop conducted by Aerotrix at Government Engineering College Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram under the banner of Aagneya ’17 on 4th& 5th February 2017.
- 31 students of S3, EE1 participated in Shrieeek 2017, Introduction to IEEE organization conducted at MBCET on 11th February 2017.
- Abhiram A. P., Adithya S. Kumar, Bhavana Suresh, Jerin Sam James, Midhun M. S., of S3, EE1 participated in the Intel Innovator Activity held at MBCET on 18th February 2017.
- Rohit Mathew Samuel (S3, EE1) participated in the NodeMCU Workshop conducted by RoboCET on 5th March 2017 as an initiative of Drishti 2017, technical fest of CET.
- Abhiram A. P., Jerin Sam James of S3, EE1 participated in Arduino Buzz held as a part of the National level Intercollegiate fest of LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura – Yagna Dhruva ‘17 on 12th and 13th March 2017.
- Abhiram A. P., Jerin Sam James of S3, EE1 participated in Tech Olympiad held as a part of the National level Intercollegiate fest of LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura – Yagna Dhruva ‘17 on 12th and 13th March 2017.
- Lavina S. Vijay (S3, EE1), Aarathy B Mohan (S5, EE2), Akshara Jalasteen (S5, EE2), KrishnaKumar P S (S5, EE2) and Sachin Satheesh Kumar (S5, EE2) completed a two-day project based training programme on RC Aircraft Design conducted by Skyfilabs at MBCET on 19th March 2017.
- Students of S7, EE completed their 4 days Industrial training at Sabarigiri Power House, Moozhiyar, Lower Periyar Power House, Kakkayam Power House, 110kV Substation Parutipara, 220kV Substation Pothencode and 110kV Substation Thirumala from 8th – 19th May 2017.
- Jerin G Sam (S3, EE1) got first prize in Idea presentation competition conducted as a part of IEEE International Conference on Networks and Advances In Computational Technologies (NetACT17) conducted by Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with IEEE computer society student chapter, MBCET from 20th – 22nd July 2017.
- All the students of S3, EE1 completed their internship at many places of KSEB Electrical section office during June – July 2017.
- All the students of S3, EE2 completed their internship at KSEB Electrical section office, Keltron and Bhub during June – July 2017.
- Greeshma Susan John and Neeraj of S7, EE completed their at NIISH from 3rd to 15th July 2017.
- Athul Nair, Arya S L, Fathima S, Greeshma Susan John, Neha, Lisna of S7, EE, Jerin G Sam (S3, EE1) and Jobby Johnson (S3, EE2) attended E-Yantra Workshop held at MBCET from 17th to 21st July 2017. They had an introduction and project session with Fire bird 5, Raspberry Pi, Aurdino and Serial Interfacing.
- Jobby Johnson (S4, EE2) and Jerin Sam James (S4, EE1) were chofor doing internship with IoT team at EY, Trivandrum.
- 20 students from S4 EE1 and EE2 attended the TEDX workshop on 26th August 2017.
- All the students of S2, EE1 participated in Shrieeek, Introduction to IEEE organization conducted at MBCET at 13th January 2018.
- Ashwini A Kammath, Aravind H, Diya Santha D R, Gautham K Sajith, John T P, Navneetha of S4, EE2 and Adithya S Kumar, Aparna and Bhavana of S4, EE1attended Workshop on sixth sense Robotics at IIT Madras on 10th January 2018.
- Asish A, Daniel, Yadhu (S4, EE2) Jerin Sam James, Abhiram S, Muraleekrishnan, Arjun and Joseph John Panicker of S4, EE1 participated in Drone Workshop held at IIT Madras on 6th January 2018.
- Jobby (S4, EE2), Joseph John Panicker (S4, EE1) and Jerin Sam James (S4, EE1) participated in “Aero Modelling & hovercraft competition” at IIT Madras on 5th – 7th January 2018.
- Many students of S2, EE1 participated in mobile making workshop held at MBCET.
- Many students of S2EE1, S4EE2 attended Ethical Hacking Workshop on February 2018.
- Jobby (S4, EE2) was elected as “IEDC Execom Member Creative Curator”, Joseph John Panicker (S4, EE1) was elected as “Creative Curator of IEDC” Jerin Sam James (S4, EE1) was elected as Chief Technical Officier of Catalyst MBCET IEDC from 15th January to 31st December 2018.
- A total number of 6 students from S8, EE are placed in various companies namely IBS, Infosys and Sportshood.
- Shilpa Susan Peter (M.Tech, Power Control and Drives) secured Kerala University first rank in the year 2014 – 2016.
- 3 students of S8, EE secured 1st prize in World Space Week- 2016 presentation competition conducted by ISRO on October 2016.
Students attended: Ann Mary Toms, Jaisal Jacob and Sreejith R
- 5 students of S5, EE International Seminar on Power India: “Impacts of Climate Change and Imperatives for Rapid Transition” at Energy Management Center, Sreekaryam, Trivandrum from 14th to 15th November 2016.
Students attended: Ananthakrishnan P, Amal V, Greeshma Susan John, Anjali S K, Gayathri Gopal V and K Mano Chandran.
- 30 students of S8, EE completed a one day Industrial Visit to Sabarigiri Hydroelectric Power Plant, Moozhiyar on 18th February 2017.
- 2 students of S8, EE secured 3rd prize in paper presentation in KSEB Engineers Association on February 2017.
Students attended: Donna David and Sarreen Sara Solomon
- Jongee Chandy and K Mano Chandran (S6, EE) secured 2nd position in the college level “Grandmaster’s Quiz” conducted by ISTE Chapter – MBCET on September 2016.
- Amal Praveen (S5, EEE) secured gold medal in junior and senior level District Weight Lifting competition held on 21st April 2016.
- Amal Praveen (S5, EEE) secured silver medal for junior level and bronze medal for senior level District Power Lifting competition held on 9th June 2016.
- Sara John and Gayathri Gopal of S5, EEE secured 1st prize in Inter branch Caroms competition held on March 2016.
- Krishna Prasad S S (S5,EEE) banned 1st prize for Orchestra and 2nd prize for Stringed Instrument (Eastern) in Kerala University Kalotsavam held on 17th April 2016.
- Akshara M A (S7, EEE) secured 2nd prize for Keralanadanam in Kerala Youth Festival held on 16th – 20th March 2016.
- Sareen Sara Solemon banned 1st prize for the following events namely Ganamela, Percussion Solo Western and University Netball in Kerala Youth festival held on 16th – 20th March 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in Barton Hill Fest held on 6th March 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for International Hip Hop Championship at NIT Calicut held on 4th April 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in Lourde Matha College of Engineering, Trivandrum held on 7th April 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in Kottayam Rajeev Gandhi College held on 8th April 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in SCT Fest Cult a Way at SCT, Trivandrum on 9th April 2016
ACCOLADE WON BY STAFF
- Manju Ann Mathews and Ms. A.N. Archana registered for PhD in 2018-2019 under APJ Kerala Technological University under the guidance of Dr. Rajeev T., Assistant Professor, EEE Dept., College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- Midhun G. participated in State Level Mr.Trivandrum 65kg Body Building Senior Category organized by Trivandrum Body Building Association (TBBA)on Dec 2018.
- Nisha G. K. gave an invited talk on Electric and Hybrid Vehicles at Marian Engineering College on 9th October 2018.
- Nisha G Kreceived Research Excellence Award for her research work titled “Torque Capability Improvement of Sensorless FOC Induction Machine in Field Weakening for Propulsion Purpose” by the Institute for Exploring Advances in Engineering (IEAE).
- Jomole Joseph, YP Vice Chairman of IET KKLN attended as special guest and delivered Felicitation for the International Conference on Energy Efficient Technologies for Sustainability on 5th April, 2018 at St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering, Nagercoil.
- Nisha G K handled a session on “SRM Drives and its Controllers” for the Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Special Electric Machines” organized by the department of EEE at St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering, Nagercoil on 26th June 2018.
- Nisha G K handled a session on the area of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and V2G Technology for the Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on “Distributed Generation and Smart Grids – DSG’18” organized by the Department of EEE, MBCET, from 30th July to 1st August 2018. This programme was sponsored by Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC), SEPTECH-MBCET Chapter, Energy Management Centre (EMC), Kerala.
- Ms. Jomole Joseph (Asst. Professor, EE), IET-MBCET Faculty Advisor, received the IET-KKLN (Kanyakumari Local Network) Achievement Award for IET KKLN Outstanding Woman Engineer 2017.