As a proud part of the Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar on the blessed Bethany Hills, deriving the inner strength of truth and goodness from the visionary Patrons, MAR BASELIOS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (MBCET) inspires the aspirations of generations of knowledge-seekers. Dedicated to mould morally upright, socially committed and intellectually trained Engineers, the College strives to realize its dreams.
The aesthetically designed buildings in nine blocks spread over the campus have a total built-up area of over 32000 sq. m. An eco-friendly infrastructure concept, causing least disturbance to the landscape has been executed. Rain water harvesting has been implemented right from the beginning of the College. Each block is connected by Pedestrian Bridge, retaining the separate entity of each branch of Engineering, Chaitanya – The Administrative block, Thejus – The Academic Block, Nalanda – The Library, Yantra – The Mechanical Engineering Block and Nirmithi – The Civil Engineering Block. Olympia, houses the Amenity Centre, Auditorium, Food Court, Indoor Courts, Gymnasium, Placement Rooms and so on
Founder (The late Major Archbishop of Trivandrum)
His Beatitude Moran Mor Cyril Baselios Catholicos, the first Major Archbishop of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church established this Institution with a sublime objective namely, to provide quality technical education based on fundamental human values. To quote from the words of wisdom of the Late Major Archbishop His Beatitude Moran Mor Cyril Baselios Catholicos: “…. this Engineering College is meant to train and develop men and women of higher caliber equipped with the most modern scientific knowledge and technical skills destined not only to help our people in their march towards progress abut also to bring glory and honour to our people and our Country. True to its motto : “Duc In Altum “ Leading to the Heights of Excellence – the students of our College are to strive for excellence and skills and in pursuit of success in life, in terms of their commitment to bring happiness to our fellow beings and for the development of our Nation”.
Patron (Major Archbishop of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church)
The establishment and the astonishing progress of the College owe greatly to the vision and toil of His Beatitude Moran Mor Cyril Baselios Catholicos, the former Major Archbishop of Trivandrum. This College has been established with a sublime objective, namely to provide quality technical education based on fundamental human values. As the motto of the College ‘Duc In Altum’, very well depicts what we aim at is something more than the ordinary and the mediocre, without at the same time compromising on values. We wish to reach out to all sections of our society without the distinction of caste, creed, etc. In short, Mar Baselios College Of Engineering And Technology is envisaged to be a glowing example of the philosophy of education and the apostolate of human resource development which the Major Archdiocese of Trivandrum has been pursuing for the last Eight Decades. The Major Archdiocese has every reason to be proud of the quality and greatness of the service that this Institution is providing to the society and of its potential in radically transforming our society for a better tomorrow. We are sure, thousands of young men and women will come out of this Institution, fully equipped to contribute their valuable share in the great mission of Nation-building. My wish and prayer is that the College may live upto the great dreams of its Founders and be an agent of social transformation.
(Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of Trivandrum)
Education is the investment in Human Resource Development. It is the art of training and equipping the youth to be the builders of future, enabling them to multiply wisely and judiciously the “God-given Talent”. The future of humanity will be bright only if intellectual, emotional and spiritual evolution is ensured through education. Let the decade-old endeavour of Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology in pursuit of knowledge be ever fruitful, contributing to the enhancement of human dignity.
Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology enjoys a premier position among the renowned academic Institutions in the Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar, the only educational hub of its kind in Kerala, set up on the Bethany Hills. MBCET aims at the integrated development of the students through academic, cultural, physical and moral enrichment in an atmosphere of spirituality and noble values, strengthened by the intercessions of the Servant of God His Grace Mar Ivanios, the heavenly Patron of Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar.
Rev. Fr. Raju Parukoor, joined MBCET as the Asst. Bursar in May 2012, after his Parish Ministry. He did his studies in Philosophy and Theology at the St. Mary’s Malankara Major Seminary, Trivandrum.
Priest of Syro- Malankara Catholic Church (Arch –Diocese of Thiruvananthapuram). Vicar- St.Mary’s Malankara Catholic Church, Kazhakkoottam & Counsellor- MBCET. Academic Background Master of Divinity (M.Div) from St. Tikhons - South Canaan,Pennsylvania (PA), US. Bachelor of Divinity (BD) from Serampore University - West Bengal, India. Graduate in Sacred Theology (GST) from the Orthodox Theological Seminary– Kerala, India. Master of Social Work (MSW) from Bharati Vidyapeeth University,Pune, India. Bachelor of Education
The Management, through the Governing body, plays a vital role in the policy formulation of the College. The Management gives importance to the formation of morally and spiritually sound professionals with competency and self-confidence so that they can approach the reality of life with optimism. The Management provides all infrastructural facilities as per the requirements for the proper functioning of the Institution.
|His Beatitude Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Catholicos||Chairman|
|Rt Rev Msgr Dr Mathew Manakarakavil||Vice Chairman|
|Rt. Rev. Msgr. Dr. Varkey Attupurath||Member|
|Fr Nelson Valiyaveettil||Member|
|Fr John Vilayil||Bursar|
|Fr Wilson Thattaruthundil||Member|
|Dr M Ayyappan||Member|
|Mr Biju B Varghese||Member|
|Dr T M George||Secretary|
|Prof S Viswanantha Rao||Vice Principal|
|Ms Jomole Joseph||Member|
|Nominee of the Regional Officer AICTE||Ex Officio|
|Director of Technical Education||Ex Officio|
|Nominee of University||Ex Officio|
|Nominee of State Government||Member|
|Nominee from the Regional Committee, AICTE||Member|
- Mr John Mathai, IAS(Retd), Former Chief Secretary, Govt of Kerala
- Mr Jacob Punnoose, IPS(Retd), former DGP, Kerala
- Mr John P Zacharia, Former Director, VSSC, Trivandrum
- Dr S Unnikrishna Pillai, Former Principal, REC(NIT) Calicut
- Dr Chem Nayar, Emeritus Professor, Curtin University, Australia
- Dr Vijayan K Asari, Professor, University of Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Dr Achuthsankar S Nair, Head, Dept Computational Biology & Bioinformatics,University of Kerala
- Dr Saji Gopinath, Professor, IIM Kozhikode
- Mr Alexander Varghese, Chief Administrative Officer, UST Global, Technopark,Trivandrum
- Mr Jayan P Nair, Senior Vice President, IBS Software Services, Technopark,Trivandrum
- Mr Rajesh Nair, CTO and Founder, Degree Controls Inc., USA
- Stands among the top tier Engineering College in Kerala
- Training and Placement Unit for Placement support and Soft Skill Training.
- Due importance to Arts & Sports. First runner-up in Kerala University Youth Festival competitions in 2017.
- MOU with National, International Institution/MNCs such as Infosys, HLL, IBS and UST Global for Technology transfer and Faculty/Student Training.
- Frequent National and International Conferences for dissemination of knowledge and ideas.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Incubation, innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Partners of VSSC for Testing Space Craft Electronic Packages
- Digital Library with OPAC.
- Vibrant eco-friendly green Campus, with Rain water Harvesting facility.
- 100 KW Solar Power Plant. Additional 100 kW under construction,
- Many ISR Initiatives
- Active student branches of Professional Societies.
- Effective student advisory System.
- Winners of National & International Project Competitions.
- Multi-media/Smart Class Rooms & Seminar Halls
- Nodal Centre for e-Yantra Robotics Lab, IIT Bombay
- A host of proficiency Awards, Merit Awards…
- Dr T M George, Principal (Chairperson)
- Rev Fr John Vilayil, Bursar
- Prof. S. Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal
- Prof. K. M. Raju, Dean (Administration)
- Prof. Paul Thomas, Dean (PG)
- Dr. Neethu Roy Asst. Dean (R&D)(Secretary)
- Dr.M.J.Jayashree (HoD, EC)
- Dr.Tessy Mathew (HoD, CS)
- Dr.M.Satyakumar (HoD, CE)
- Mr. T.N. Rajesh
- Prof.A.S.Shajilal (HoD, EEE)
- Prof.Joseph Cherian (HoD, S&H)
- Ms Christy Francis (HoD, PE)
- Prof. P N Mohan (Camp Officer, KTU Valuation Camp)
- Ms Asha S – (Chief Superintendent(KTU))
- Prof. (Dr.) George Zachariah – Nominated