As a proud part of the Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar on the blessed Bethany Hills, deriving the inner strength of truth and goodness from the visionary Patrons, MAR BASELIOS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (MBCET) inspires the aspirations of generations of knowledge-seekers. Dedicated to mould morally upright, socially committed and intellectually trained Engineers, the College strives to realize its dreams.
The aesthetically designed buildings in nine blocks spread over the campus have a total built-up area of over 32000 sq. m. An eco-friendly infrastructure concept, causing least disturbance to the landscape has been executed. Rain water harvesting has been implemented right from the beginning of the College. Each block is connected by Pedestrian Bridge, retaining the separate entity of each branch of Engineering, Chaitanya – The Administrative block, Thejus – The Academic Block, Nalanda – The Library, Yantra – The Mechanical Engineering Block and Nirmithi – The Civil Engineering Block. Olympia, houses the Amenity Centre, Auditorium, Food Court, Indoor Courts, Gymnasium, Placement Rooms and so on.
Autonomous status to MBCET:
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University has notified the conferment of autonomous status to MBCET by UGC for a period of 10 years (2020-21 to 2029-30). Autonomy provides greater flexibility to the institution in improving the quality of education towards achieving academic excellence.
As an autonomous college, MBCET will have the freedom to
- Determine and prescribe its own courses of study and syllabi, and restructure and redesign the courses to suit local needs
- Offer student-centric courses including a wide range of electives with freedom in choice of courses
- Regularly update the syllabus in accordance with the evolution of technology, trends in research and changing requirements of the industry
- Evolve methods of assessment of students’ performance that is well integrated and aligned with the teaching and learning process
- Conduct of examinations and notification of results in a timely manner
- Promote healthy practices such as community service, extension activities and projects for the benefit of the society
Autonomy provides the opportunity for enhancement in the quality of education and reflects the efforts of the institution for the achievement of excellence in academic performances and self governance. The degree will be awarded to the students by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, based on the evaluation and recommendation by the college. The name of the college will be mentioned in the degree certificates.
Founder (The late Major Archbishop of Trivandrum)
His Beatitude Moran Mor Cyril Baselios Catholicos, the first Major Archbishop of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church established this Institution with a sublime objective namely, to provide quality technical education based on fundamental human values. To quote from the words of wisdom of the Late Major Archbishop His Beatitude Moran Mor Cyril Baselios Catholicos: “…. this Engineering College is meant to train and develop men and women of higher caliber equipped with the most modern scientific knowledge and technical skills destined not only to help our people in their march towards progress abut also to bring glory and honour to our people and our Country. True to its motto : “Duc In Altum “ Leading to the Heights of Excellence – the students of our College are to strive for excellence and skills and in pursuit of success in life, in terms of their commitment to bring happiness to our fellow beings and for the development of our Nation”.
Patron (Major Archbishop of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church)
The establishment and the astonishing progress of the College owe greatly to the vision and toil of His Beatitude Moran Mor Cyril Baselios Catholicos, the former Major Archbishop of Trivandrum. This College has been established with a sublime objective, namely to provide quality technical education based on fundamental human values. As the motto of the College ‘Duc In Altum’, very well depicts what we aim at is something more than the ordinary and the mediocre, without at the same time compromising on values. We wish to reach out to all sections of our society without the distinction of caste, creed, etc. In short, Mar Baselios College Of Engineering And Technology is envisaged to be a glowing example of the philosophy of education and the apostolate of human resource development which the Major Archdiocese of Trivandrum has been pursuing for the last Eight Decades. The Major Archdiocese has every reason to be proud of the quality and greatness of the service that this Institution is providing to the society and of its potential in radically transforming our society for a better tomorrow. We are sure, thousands of young men and women will come out of this Institution, fully equipped to contribute their valuable share in the great mission of Nation-building. My wish and prayer is that the College may live upto the great dreams of its Founders and be an agent of social transformation.
Fr. John Varghese Palanilkunnathil assumed charge as the New Bursar of our College on 19 March 2022. After securing Post Graduate Degree in Public Administration and Philosophy, B.Ed and M.Phil Degree, Fr. John has been serving in the field of Education as a Teacher and Administrator in various Institutions of the Major Archdiocese. He has travelled extensively in India and abroad on various missions
Assistant Bursar / Finance Officer
Fr. Thomas Mukalumpurathu assumed charge as the Asst. Bursar / Finance Officer on 19 March 2022 after his service as the Director of Malankara Social Service Society (MSSS). After his Licentiate to Theology from Rome, Fr. Thomas has served various Institutions of the Major Archdiocese in various capacities for quite long
The Management, through the Governing body, plays a vital role in the policy formulation of the College. The Management gives importance to the formation of morally and spiritually sound professionals with competency and self-confidence so that they can approach the reality of life with optimism. The Management provides all infrastructural facilities as per the requirements for the proper functioning of the Institution.
|1.||His Beatitude Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Catholicos, President, Malankara Catholic Education Society of Archdiocese of Thiruvananthapuram, Patron and Manager, MBCET.||Chairman|
|2.||Prof. Arun Kumar Agrawal, Professor(Retd) IIT BHU||Member, UGC Nominee|
|3.||Sri. Ajayan C., AS HE, Government of Kerala||Member, Nominee of the Government|
|4.||Dr. V Suresh Babu, Dean(Research) and Professor(ECE), College of Engineering, Trivandrum.||Member, Nominee of APJAKTU|
|5.||Rt. Rev. Msgr. Dr. Mathew Manakarakavil, Chief Vicar General of Major Archdiocese of Thiruvananthapuram of Malankara Catholic Church.||Member|
|6.||Rev. Fr John Varghese Palanilkunnathil, (Bursar, MBCET)||Member|
|7.||Rev. Fr Thomas Kayyalackal, Finance Officer of the Major Archdiocese of Thiruvananthapuram of Malankara Catholic Church.||Member|
|8.||Shri Jacob Punnoose IPS(Retd).||Member|
|9.||Mr Tony Thomas, Global Chief Digital and Information Officer, Signify, (based out of Amsterdam)||Member|
|10.||Dr. S. Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal & Dean(Academic), MBCET.||Member|
|11.||Dr(Mrs) Neethu Roy, Dean (R&C) & Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, MBCET.||Member|
|12.||Dr Abraham T Mathew, Principal, MBCET.||Member Secretary|
|1.||Dr. Abraham T Mathew, Principal||Chairman|
|2.||Dr. S. Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal||Member|
|3.||Dr. Sreelatha G., Professor, ECE, CET, Thiruvananthapuram||Member University Representative|
|4.||Dr. Savier J.S., Professor, EEE, CET, Thiruvananthapuram||Member
|5.||Dr. Ashfak A., Professor, MED, TK College of Engineering, Kollam||Member University Representative|
|6.||Dr. Ayyappan M. Former Director, HLL Lifecare Ltd.||Member GB Nominated|
|7.||Dr. Ashok S. , Professor, HAG, EED, NIT Calicut||Member
|8.||Dr. Kurien Issac K. Professor, IIST, Thiruvananthapuram||Member GB Nominated|
|9.||Rev. Dr Gigi Thomas, Dean, Mar Ivanios College||Member GB Nominated|
|10.||Dr. Shyji S., Assoc. Professor, MED, SCT CE, Thiruvananthapuram||Invitee University Representative to PG BoS|
|11.||Dr. Paul Thomas, Dean(PGSR) & Professor, ECE, MBCET||Member|
|12.||Dr. Neethu Roy, Dean(R&C) and Professor, CED, MBCET||Member|
|13.||Dr. Jayasree S., Professor & Head, CED, MBCET||Member|
|14.||Dr. Tessy Mathew, Professor & Head, CSED, MBCET||Member|
|15.||Dr. Jayakumari J., Professor & Head, ECED, MBCET||Member|
|16.||Dr. Nisha G. K., Professor & Head, EED, MBCET||Member|
|17.||Dr. Rajesh T. N., Assoc. Professor & Head, MED, MBCET||Member|
|18.||Prof. Joseph Cheriyan, Professor & Head, S&H, MBCET||Member|
|19.||Dr. K. Muraleedharan Nair, Dean(Admin) and Professor, MED, MBCET||Member|
|20.||Dr. Jayashree M. J., Professor, ECED & IQAC Coordinator||Member|
|21.||Mr. Pradeep M., Assoc. Professor, MED and Controller of Examinations, MBCET||Member|
|22.||Dr. Swapna P. S., Asst. Professor, ECED, MBCET||Member|
|23.||Mr. Akhil Raj S. R. Asst. Professor, CED, MBCET||Member|
|24.||Dr. Christi Francis, Head, Physical Education||Invitee|
|25.||Mr. Binu K. John, Librarian, MBCET||Invitee|
|26.||Dr. Jisha John, Assoc. Professor, CSED||Member Secretary|
- Mr John Mathai, IAS(Retd), Former Chief Secretary, Govt of Kerala
- Mr Jacob Punnoose, IPS(Retd), former DGP, Kerala
- Mr John P Zacharia, Former Director, VSSC, Trivandrum
- Dr S Unnikrishna Pillai, Former Principal, REC(NIT) Calicut
- Dr Chem Nayar, Emeritus Professor, Curtin University, Australia
- Dr Vijayan K Asari, Professor, University of Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Dr Achuthsankar S Nair, Head, Dept Computational Biology & Bioinformatics,University of Kerala
- Dr Saji Gopinath, Professor, IIM Kozhikode
- Mr Alexander Varghese, Chief Administrative Officer, UST Global, Technopark,Trivandrum
- Mr Jayan P Nair, Senior Vice President, IBS Software Services, Technopark,Trivandrum
- Mr Rajesh Nair, CTO and Founder, Degree Controls Inc., USA
- Stands among the top tier Engineering College in Kerala
- Training and Placement Unit for Placement support and Soft Skill Training.
- Due importance to Arts & Sports. First runner-up in Kerala University Youth Festival competitions in 2017.
- MOU with National, International Institution/MNCs such as Infosys, HLL, IBS and UST Global for Technology transfer and Faculty/Student Training.
- Frequent National and International Conferences for dissemination of knowledge and ideas.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Incubation, innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Partners of VSSC for Testing Space Craft Electronic Packages
- Digital Library with OPAC.
- Vibrant eco-friendly green Campus, with Rain water Harvesting facility.
- 200 kW of Solar Power Plant – Grid Connected with Net Metering Facility.
- Many ISR Initiatives
- Active student branches of Professional Societies.
- Effective student advisory System.
- Winners of National & International Project Competitions.
- Multi-media/Smart Class Rooms & Seminar Halls
- A host of proficiency Awards, Merit Awards…
- Rev Fr John Varghese Palanilkunnathil, Bursar
- Dr. Abraham T. Mathew, Principal
- Dr. S Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal and Dean (Academic Affairs-UG), MBCET Faculty representative
- Dr. Paul Thomas, Dean (PG Studies & Research)
- Dr. Neethu Roy, Dean (R&C) & Prof.CED, MBCET Faculty Representative
- Dr. George Zacharia, Dean (Student Affairs), NAAC Coordinator
- Dr. K Muraleedharan Nair (Dean – Administration)
- Dr. Pradeep M (Controller of Examinations)
- Dr. M J Jayashree, IQAC Coordinator
- Prof. Joseph Cheriyan, HOD S&H
- Dr. Jayasree S, HOD CE
- Dr. Tessy Mathew, HOD CSE
- Dr. Jayakumari J, HOD ECE
- Dr. Nisha G K, HOD EEE, Camp Officer – KTU Valuation
- Dr. Rajesh T N, HOD ME
- Dr. Christi Francis, HOD PE
- Prof. Raju K Gopal, Head, ITMS
- Ms. Elizabeth Varghese, Admission-in-charge
- Ms. Asha S, (KTU & Exams)
- Dr. Archana P Das, First Year Coordinator
- Ms. Lakshmy S, Coordinator-Statutory Approvals
- Ms. Jomole Joseph P, Member Secretary