M Tech Admissions 2024
Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology (herein after referred to as MBCET) is administered by the Malankara Catholic Educational Society of the Archdiocese of Trivandrum of the Syro Malankara Catholic Church and was established in 2002. MBCET is fully self-financed and has become Autonomous in the academic year 2020-2021. The College is affiliated to the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University since 2015. Currently, College offers seven M.Tech programmes in the seven specializations of Engineering and Technology under the five Departments, in the full-time regular mode, as listed under ‘Eligibility’ below.
The College is a member institution of the Kerala Catholic Engineering College Managements’ Association as well as the Association of Managements of Christian Autonomous Engineering Colleges of Kerala and has the minority status
The UGC has conferred Autonomous status on Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, which has been notified by the KTU as per the direction of the Govt. of Kerala.
MBCET offers M Tech programme in five streams of Engineering.
M.Tech Admission 2024 – Application Form – Clickhere (Will be Updated Soon)
Brief Curriculum of M.Tech Programmes
- Computer Science & Engineering – Clickhere
- IoT and Sensor Systems – Clickhere
- Machine Design – Cclickhere
- Power Control and Drives – Clickhere
- Structural Engineering – Clickhere
- Telecommunication Engineering – Cclickhere
- Transportation Engineering – Clickhere
Seat Matrix for admission to the Fourth Batch under Autonomy
|M.Tech Programmes (since 2012)
|Computer Science and Engineering
|Power Control and Drives
|New M.Tech Programmes(since 2022)
|IoT and Sensor Systems
*Subject to AICTE approval
- Applicant must be an Indian National.
- Applicant should have obtained the B.Tech Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering from the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University or the equivalent Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from other Universities approved by AICTE/UGC, UGC approved Deemed to be Universities in India.
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying Degree Examination. For SEBC students, the minimum requirement is 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying Degree Examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree programme is sufficient. The relaxation of marks in the qualifying examination extended to SEBC candidates only will be applicable to OEC candidates, even if they are allotted against un-availed seats of SC/ST quota. For details about the qualifying Degree see 7 below.
- In the case of Degree certificate/ Mark list in which the aggregate mark is recorded in SGPA/ CGPA only, without stating the formula for conversion to percentage marks, the criteria prescribed by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University for conversion of SGPA/ CGPA to percentage marks will be adopted.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination in the current academic year 2023-2024 can also apply, provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester examination. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of the qualifying Degree and henceforth satisfying conditions in the clauses 1 to 4 above, on or before the closure of admission or before a date to be prescribed by the College/University.
- Sponsored candidates from Industry, R&D organizations, National Laboratories as well as Educational Institutions, who have the requisite academic qualifications shall be eligible for admission to the M.Tech programme.
- The qualifying Degree for admission shall be in the appropriate branch of Engineering as listed below.
|Eligible Graduate degree
|Structural Engineering (SE)
|Degree in Civil Engineering
|Transportation Engineering (TE)
|Degree in Civil Engineering
|Computer Science and Engineering
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
|Degree in Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Power Control and Drives (PCD)
|Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Telecommunication Engineering (TCE)
|Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering
|IoT and Sensor Systems (ISS)
|Degree in Electronics and Communication/ Instrumentation and Control/ Applied Electronics and Instrumentation/ Electrical and Electronics/ Computer Science and Engineering
|Machine Design (MD)
|Degree in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Mechanical stream Automobile/ Mechanical stream Production/ Mechatronics/ Production cum Plant/ Production/ Automobile Engineering
8. Candidates, who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions, are also eligible for admission.
- They must have valid GATE score in the respective branch.
- A minimum of 55% marks for Section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
Will be updated.
Please refer to the College website (https://mbcet.ac.in) for details about the Admission schedule.
Allotment of Seats
1. Government seats: (50% of the total number of seats for each stream )
Government seats will be filled, from among the candidates who have applied to the College, on the basis of their rank in the list published by the Director of Technical Education (DTE). The reservation policies as mentioned in the prospectus published by DTE will be followed for admission under this category. Selection will be intimated as per the following:
- Rank list will be published in the College website and College notice board.
- There will not be any separate communication to the applicants by post or email.
2. Management seats: (50% of the total number of seats for each stream)
Subject to the prevailing norms in this regard, 15% of the total number of seats in each stream of M.Tech are NRI seats.
- Applicants are advised to visit the College website for all further notifications and information on admission to the M.Tech courses in the academic year 2023-2024. Separate individual communication will not be sent to the applicants.
- Selected candidates shall report to the College at the appointed time and date for admission. Offer of admission shall stand cancelled in the event of failure to take admission at the appointed time.
|Special fees **/semester
|Refundable Caution Deposit:
|University Fee (Registration,
Affiliation, Sports and Arts)
|Actuals at University rates
** Fee for other facilities.
3. Originals of all applicable documents/ certificates listed under ‘how to apply’ below shall be submitted at the time of admission. The following documents must also be submitted at the time of admission.
- Transfer certificate from the institution last studied.
- Certificate of physical fitness from a Registered Medical Practioner.
- Migration certificate(As per Rules & Regulations of the affiliating University, if the qualifying degree is from other Universities).
- Equivalency certificate issued by Association of Indian Universities(AIU), if the qualifying degree is from Universities outside India.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Printout of the Application Form and one set of self attested copies of the certificates as in section listed under ‘how to apply’ below.
4. Furnishing of false information in the application would result in forfeiture of the candidature/ cancellation of admission, if admitted. In addition, it will attract the relevant provisions of the law of the land.
5. Management reserves the right to deny admission to any candidate even if he/she is otherwise eligible, and the reasons for the denial of admission will be recorded and informed to the applicant on request.
REFUND OF FEES AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
Refund of fees already paid, and the liquidated damages will be as per the provisions in the DTE notification.
AICTE Scholarships are available to students with valid GATE score, as per the prevailing Government of India norms.
Management has the discretion to change any date connected with the admission process. If any item in this prospectus is found contrary to the provisions in the DTE notification for 2023 M.Tech admission, the provisions in the DTE notification will prevail. Any item not specifically covered in the prospectus will be as decided by the Principal and his decision shall be final. Any grievance/ complaint regarding selection and admission shall be brought to the notice of the Principal in writing.
How To Apply
M.Tech Prospectus 2023:- Clickhere
Application forms can be submitted online on the website of the college.
M.Tech Admission 2023 – Application Form – Clickhere
List of documents to be submitted at the time of Admission
- Qualifying Degree Certificate
- Grade Card / Mark list of each semester of the degree course
- Certificate of Standard X/ XII towards the proof of age
- Documents to prove claim for any sort of reservation or special consideration
- GATE score card – if applicable
- Relevant Page of DTE Rank list
- Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Proof for a claim, if not produced at the time of admission, will not be considered under that category.
- Late applications/ incomplete applications/ Applications not accompanied by relevant certificates are liable to be rejected, without further intimations to the candidate.
List of Documents to be produced [in original]
- Mark List (1-8 Semester) of the qualifying examination
- Degree Certificate / Provisional Certificate
- Gate Score Card
- Certificate of Standard X/ XII towards the proof of age.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate (if qualifying degree is from overseas university)
- Migration Certificate
- Documents to prove eligibility for any reservation (Community / Income)
- Copy of relevant page containing candidate name in the DTE’s List
- Two Passport size photographs
- Medical Fitness Certificate
Mode of Payment: online payment.
M. Tech Government Merit Rank List
Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous)
Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar,
Nalanchira P.O, Thiruvananthapuram,
Kerala, India Pin: 695015.
For General Enquiries: 7907114456, 9037845069.
For Technical Support: 9447405869.
Computer Science & Engineering
IoT and Sensor Systems and Telecommunication Engineering
Power Control and Drives
Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering