MBCET offers M Tech programme in seven streams of Engineering.
a) Applicant must be an Indian National.
b) Applicant shall have studied the Graduate course in an Institution approved by AICTE / Deemed Universities in India.
c) Candidate should have a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks in the Engineering degree Examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient. For SEBC students, a minimum of 54% marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
d) The Degree shall be in the appropriate branch of Engineering as listed below.
|Sl No||Department||M Tech Stream||Eligible Degree|
|1||Civil Engineering (CE)||Structural Engineering (SE)||Degree in Civil Engineering|
|2||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||Degree in Computer Science and Engineering/
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)||Power Control & Drives (PCD)||Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|4||Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)||Control System (CS)|
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||Telecommunication Engineering (TCE)||Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|6||Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||Signal Processing (SP)||Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering/
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation/Electrical & Electronics/Electronics/Electronics & Biomedical Engineering
|7||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Machine Design (MD)||Degree in Mechanical/
Mechanical stream Automobile/
Mechanical stream Production/Mechatronics Engineering
e) Candidates who have passed AMIE/ AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions, are eligible for admission.
• They must have a valid GATE Score.
• A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
• Minimum three years of Professional experience in the field of Specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
f) Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply, provided he/she has passed all the subjects upto and including the Sixth semester exam. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree -satisfying clauses (a) to (e) as applicable on or before the date notified by Kerala Technological University.
g) Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score.
h) In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will be considered against such vacancies. If the seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
|Sl No||Department||M Tech Stream||No of Seats|
|1||Civil Engineering (CE)||Structural Engineering (SE)||18 Seats|
|2||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||30 Seats|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)||Power Control & Drives (PCD)||18 Seats|
|4||Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)||Control System(CS)||18 Seats|
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||Telecommunication Engineering (TCE)||18 Seats|
|6||Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||Signal Processing (SP)||18 Seats|
|7||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Machine Design (MD)||18 Seats|
Allotment of Seats
- Government Seats: (50% of the seats for each stream)
- These seats will be filled from, among the candidates who have applied in this institution, on the basis of their rank in the rank list published by DTE, by following the reservation policies as mentioned in the prospectus published by DTE.
- Rank list will be published in the College website and College notice board.
- There will not be any seperate communication to the candidates by post or email.
- Management Seats: (50% of the seats for each stream) One third of the management seats are NRI seats.
- Management has the discretion to change any date connected with the admission process.
Candidates are advised to visit the College website for all further notifications and information on admission to M Tech courses in 2018. No separate communication will be sent to the applicant.
Selected candidates shall report to the College at the appointed time and date. Offer of admission shall stand cancelled in the event of a failure to take admission at the appointed time.
|Admission Fee:||Rs. 500/-|
|Tution Fee/Semester||Rs. 65,000/-*|
|Special Fee/Semester||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Refundable Caution Deposit:||Rs. 5000/-|
|Student Administration Fee (as per KTU):||Rs. 1000/-|
* Management Scholarships
|Specialization||Scholarship||Payable Amount **|
|Structural Engineering||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 60,000/-|
|All other Specializations||Rs. 40,000/-||Rs. 35,000/-|
** Graduates from MBCET are further eligible for a Alumni scholarship of Rs. 10,000/-. They need to pay only Rs. 50,000/- (instead of Rs. 60,000/-) and Rs. 25,000/- (instead of Rs. 35,000/-).
- Furnishing of false information in the application would result in forfeiture of the candidature / cancellation of admissions, if admitted. In addition, it will attract the relevant provisions of criminal law of the land.
- For genuine reasons, Management will have the right to deny admissions to any candidate even if otherwise eligible. The reason for the same will be recorded and informed to the candidate on request.
How To Apply
- Application forms can be submitted online on the website of the college. After online submission, a printout of the application along with the self attested copies of the following documents shall be submitted directly or by post so as to reach the College Admission Office before 4 pm on or before the last date.
- Qualifying Degree Certificate
- Marklist of each semester of the degree course
- Certificate of Standard X/XII in proof of age
- Documents to prove claim for any sort of reservation or special consideration
- GATE score card, if applicable
- Relevant paper of DTE Rank list
- Certificate of good conduct from the Institution last attended
- Online payment / Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
Click Here for Online Application – ( will be updated Soon)
- Applications not accompanied by a proof for that claim will not be considered under that category.
- Late applications/ incomplete applications/ Applications not accompanied by relevant certificates are liable to be rejected, without further intimations to the candidate.
Admission Schedule & Rank List
M Tech Structural Engineering Admission Schedule
|DATE||GOVERNMENT MERIT RANK||TIMINGS||SPECIALIZATION|
List of Documents to be produced [in original]
- Mark – List (1-8) of the qualifying examination
- Degree Certificate / Provisional Certificate
- Gate Score Card
- SSLC/10the Std. Certificate for age proof
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (if qualifying degree is from overseas university)
- Migration Certificate
- Documents to prove eligibility for any reservation (Community / Income)
- Copy of relevant page containing candidate name in the DTE’s List
- Three Pass port size photographs
- Medical Fitness Certificate
Mode of Payment: Cash / DD
|Issue of Application form begins||as announced in DTE prospectus|
|Last date for submission of filled up Application form||as announced in DTE prospectus|
|Publication of Rank list||as announced in DTE prospectus|
|Joining dates||as announced in DTE prospectus|
Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology
Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar
Nalanchira P.O, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala, India Pin: 695015
Ph: 0471-2545866, 0471-2545868, 0471-2545872
Please write “M.Tech Admissions 2018” on all communications to the College Admission Office