Computer Society of India
Computer Society of India, established in the year 1965, is today the largest IT professional society in India. The purpose of the Society are scientific and educational directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science, computer engineering and technology, systems science and engineering, information processing and related arts and sciences. It shall endeavor to:
- Promote interchange of information, in these disciplines and sub-disciplines, amongst the specialists and between specialists and the public.
- Encourage and assist the professionals engaged in these fields to maintain the integrity and competence of the profession and foster a sense of partnership amongst the professionals, engaged in these fields.
CSI Annual Report 2020-21 – click here
CSI Annual Report 2019-20 – click here
* The college is an Institutional Member of the Computer Society of India.
- Organized a One day “IoT Workshop” for S5CSE Students on 8th and 29th September 2018.
- Organized a 50 hour course on “Apple iOS Development Workshop – Level 2″ from November to December 2018.
- Sponsor for Code Bout 2018 – Data Structures Coding Competition for S3 CSE students on Dec 3, 2018.
- Sponsor for Game of Codes 2018 – Python coding competition for S1CSE students on Dec 3, 2018.
- Organized a 40 hour course on “Apple IOS Development-Level1” from January to August 2018.
- Sponsor for Game of Codes and Web Designing events on Crossroads 2018.
- Cosponsor of Hash 2018.
- A Two day workshop on “Android Programming” by Mr Ajithkumar – CEO, Genilok Computer Solutions was organized by the department on April 28 & 29, 2017.
- An expert lecture on “Website Design tools” was organized on April 21, 2017. The talk was delivered by Mr Jikku Jose, CoFounder – Qucentis.
- The student branch conducted the following events in the month of March 2017.1. CodeIT (Coding Competition) – 25th March 2017
- CodeIT (Coding Competition) – 25th March 2017
- Game of Codes (Inter College Coding Competition) – 31st March 2017
- Website Design (Inter College Website design Competition) – 31st March 2017
- A two day Workshop on “Campus to Corporate Life” was organized by the CSI Student Branch of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Nalanchira (MBCET) in association with Mahindra Naandi Foundation on February 15-16, 2017. Around 90 students attended the workshop.
- A one day Seminar on “Higher Studies in Foreign Universities” was organised by the CSI Student Branch of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Nalanchira (MBCET) in association with Edwise International on January 27, 2017. Around 200 final year students attended the seminar.
- Conducted Data Structures coding competition “Code-Bout 16” for S3CSE students on 15/11/2016.
Winners: Nikhil K Joseph(S3CS1), Sujith Thomas(S3CS1),
Bharath S(S3CS1),Aryaputhran G S(S3CS2)
- Conducted Python coding competition “Game of Codes 16” for S1CSE students on 19/11/2016.
Winners:Deekshit Gangadhar(S1CS1),Athul C K(S1CS1),
Aanandhi V B(S1CS2),Vaishak Ramachandran(S1CS2)
- A Coding competition “CodeIterate’16” for S5CSE Students was held on 12/11/2016.
Winners: Kevin Mathew(S6CS2) and Mahesh(S6CS2)
- Workshop on NS3
A two day workshop on NS3 was organized by the department in association with Computer Society of India on 22nd and 23rd of April 2016.
- Workshop on Python Programming
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology jointly organized a Two Day Workshop on Python Programming in association with, Computer Society of India, Trivandrum Chapter on 24th and 25th July 2015 at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The workshop was inaugurated by Mr. K. Mohammed Y Safarulla IAS, Director, Kerala State IT Mission. Mr.Vishnukumar S., Secretary, CSI Trivandrum Chapter welcomed the gathering and Mr.Sreekanth P. Krishnan, Chairman, CSI Trivandrum Chapter gave the presidential address. Mr. K. Mohammed Y Safarulla IAS, Director, Kerala State IT Mission gave the innaugural address and Special address by, Prof. Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology. Dr. Vikraman Nair, Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology proposed the vote of thanks.
- The resource persons of the workshop were Dr. Umesh P, Lecturer, Department of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Kerala, Mr.Rejah Rehim, OWASP Kerala Chapter Leader and Speaker at [email protected] and Mr.Sreenath Sasikumar, Information Security Consultant and Python developer.The seminar was attended by 34 faculties from various engineering colleges in Kerala.
- MBCET Student Branch Counselor, Mr Biju B Varghese received “Significant Contribution Award -Trivandrum Chapter” at the CSI Annual Convention at Delhi on 5/12/2015.
- MBCET Student Branch Counselor, Mr Biju B Varghese received “Longest continuous Student Branch Counselor” Award in 2012 at the CSI Annual Convention at Kolkata.
- The CSI student branch of MBCET was chosen as the Best Student Branch from among Engineering Colleges in Kerala, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry for the years 2010 and 2011.
- The 26th National Student Convention – NSC 2010 that the Mar Baselios SB hosted in association with Trivandrum Chapter of CSI from 2-4 September 2010, was a milestone in its history.
- The CSI Student Branch of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology was inaugurated on the 24th September of 2004. Over the years, the CSI branch has proved itself to be the most active association in the College. It is also the biggest student branch in the Kerala State. CSI has, in its own way, been a trendsetter. The branch had also the privilege of hosting the State Level Student Convention in 2006
No. of student members
2012 – 13