Dr. Paul Thomas completed his B Sc (Engg), M Tech and Ph.D from CET Trivandrum under Kerala University. He was the Professor-in-charge of M Tech programs at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally. He has over 32 years of experience in Research, Industry and Teaching. He was a Scientist at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre for 20 years, and held positions as Manager in IBS Software, Senior Manager in US Technology and as Delivery Head of IM Software, Kochi. He has chaired sessions in several National and International conferences.
Email (official) : [email protected]
Alternate Email: [email protected]
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6051-2230
Area of interest:
- Pavement Material Characterization
- Pavement Analysis
- Design and Pavement Management System
• SERB project, EMR/2017/004702, “Influence of Polymer Dosage and Nature of Bitumen on the Microstructural and Rheological Characteristics of Polymer Modified Binders” under the guidance of Dr. Neethu Roy and Dr. Murali Krishnan, for an amount of Rs. 27,99,500/-, May 2018.
• Project Advisor (Part Time) in the project “Fatigue Life of Warm Mix Asphalt”, Sponsored by MWV Asphalt Innovations, USA, at IIT Madras.
• Project Advisor (Part Time), Dept of Science and Technology, Govt. of India sponsored grant on “Warrants for the use of Modifiers in Bituminous Pavements”, IIT Madras.
Research Supervisor, “Economic Models to Optimize Life Cycle Cost of Bituminous Pavements”, Mr. Sunil Kumar K, Registered under APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University; Co- Supervisor: Dr. Praveen Sal C J., Principal, SCMS School of Engineering and Technology.
Peer Reviewed Science cited International Journals:
1) Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan and J. Murali Krishnan, “Influence of Confinement Pressure and Air Voids on the Repeated Creep and Recovery of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures”, International Journal of Pavement Engineering, July 2014, DOI: 10.1080/ 10298436.2014. 925622.
2) Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan and J. Murali Krishnan, “Interpretation of Flow Number Test Data for Asphalt Mixtures”, Institute of Civil Engineers – Transport, UK, May 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/tran.12.00070.
3) Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan, Pankaj Jain and J. Murali Krishnan, “A Re-look at the Asphalt Mixture Performance Test Protocols and Computational Algorithms”, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 41, No. 5, 2013, pp. 1- 16, DOI: 10.1520/JTE20120229.
Peer Reviewed Science cited International Conferences:
1) K. Lakshmi Roja, Neethu Roy and J. Murali Krishnan, “Influence of Aging on the Rheological Behavior of Warm Mix Asphalt Binders”, 8th RILEM International Symposium on Testing and Characterization of Sustainable and Innovative Bituminous Materials, Francesco Canestrari and Manfred N. Partl (Editors), Rilem Book Series, Springer, London, Volume 11, DOI 10.1007/978-94-017-7342-3, October 2015, Page 497.
2) Neethu Roy, “Issues Related to Evaluating Rutting of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures in the Laboratory”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (2nd International Conference on Materials, Mechanics and Management), December 2014.
3) Neethu Roy, Venkaiah Chowdary and J. Murali Krishnan, “Influence of Rest Periods on the Creep and Recovery of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures”, Colloquium on Transportation Systems Engineering and Management CTR, CED, NIT Calicut, India, May 12-13, 2014.
4) Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan, J. Murali Krishnan, “Influence of Air Voids of Hot Mix Asphalt on Rutting Within the Framework of Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design”, 2nd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (2nd CTRG), Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 104 ( 2013 ) 99 – 108, doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.11.102.
5) Neethu Roy, J. Murali Krishnan and A. Veeraragavan, “Effect of Confinement Pressure on Creep and Recovery Response of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures”, Proceedings of International Conference on Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Pavements and Technological Control (MAIREPAV7), Auckland – New Zealand, August 2012.
Peer Reviewed National Journals:
1) Neethu Roy, J. Murali Krishnan and A. Veeraragavan, “Mechanical Characterization of Bituminous Concrete Mixtures using Asphalt Mixture Performance Tester (AMPT)”, Indian Highways, June 2012, pp. 61-68.
2) Neethu Roy, Kuncheria. P. Isaac and A. Veeraragavan, “Sensitivity Analysis of Input Parameters for Application of HDM-4 for Investment Decisions”, Indian Highways, Vol. 34, No.1, 2006.
3) Neethu Roy, Kuncheria. P. Isaac and A. Veeraragavan, “HDM-4: Calibration to Indian Conditions and its Applications – Case Study”, Highway Research Bulletin, IRC No. 69, 2003.
Professional Memberships: ASCE – ASCE 10452418 (Faculty Advisor, MBCET Student Chapter of ASCE)
ISTE – LM
Teaching: (Years) : 16 years
Industry: (Years) : Nil