Ajmal M. is an alumnus of 2013-17 batch of ME
CET-CovBot V 1.0, a Covid Care Robot developed by students of M.Tech Robotics & Automation (2018-20 Batch) under CET-Centre for Interdisciplinary Research (CCIR), was delivered to Medical College Hospital, Trivandrum on 14-10-2020. One of the team members behind the work is Mr. Ajmal M., MBCET ME 2017 passout. Ajmal was the Chair at IEEE Robotics and Automation Society at MBCET during 2016-17. He holds two research publications to his credit from his undergraduate project work completed at MBCET. Ajmal is currently working as Project Engineer at Wipro Limited.
The specialties of this mobile robot are:
1. It can perform tasks such as automatic sanitizer dispensing, remote patient assistance, delivering food and medicines, collecting samples and specimens, announcement of Covid-19 related messages and warning, etc. at various MCH departments.
2. It can navigate autonomously and can carry a payload of up to 40 kgs.
3. It is capable of mapping the floor plan using LIDAR and autonomously navigating between static and dynamic obstacles. The mobile robot can be alternatively controlled using Joystick.
4. GUI based on Robotic Operating System(ROS) console is employed for the user interface.
5. Running time is 2 hours (with a 2-hours of additional battery backup)
6. This is an open-source hardware project and design details will be available from Dec 2020 at https://github.com/CCIR-CET/
Congratulations Ajmal M!!