Department of Mechanical Engineering has been constantly organizing several academic and extracurricular activities for the overall development of students and faculties of the department. The Department regularly organizes and participates in conferences, workshops, seminars and alumni get-together.
Automata, the Mechanical Engineering Students Association of MBCET plays an important role in the development of students as engineers by conducting various extracurricular activities. Automata aims to inculcate among its members an awareness and appreciation of various disciplines in not only Mechanical Engineering but also other relevant fields. Through its activities the association aims to be a common platform for all the students of MBCET in general and especially for the students of Mechanical department. AUTOMATA seeks to be an active organization of the Mechanical department at MBCET which promotes the students career interests. The association continually works for the overall development of the personality of the students in addition to their academic responsibilities. AUTOMATA give wings to those planning to fly high and achieve excellence in their field of interest.
A project expo for B-Tech 1st year Mechanical engineering students was organized by AUTOMATA on 4th April 2018 at the Mechanical Department drawing hall. The Project expo had many mind-blowing design projects which was evaluated by Dr. Muraleedharan Nair, HOD ME, Ms. Nidhi M.B, APME and other faculties from the department. Around 25 projects was exhibited in the expo.
ISTE MBCET and AUTOMATA conducted a case study on 19th March 2018 by Mr Vishal G. Nair on supply chain for students of Mechanical engineering department. Students participated with great enthusiasm. The event was coordinated by Ms. Nidhi MB, Asst Prof Mechanical engineering department.
On 14th of March 2018, a talk was arranged for S8 Mechanical students by AUTOMATA on Energy Management and Energy Auditing. Mr. Johnson Daniel, Energy Technologist from Energy Management Centre (Kerala) and certified Energy Auditor Mr. B.V. Suresh Babu, conducted the lecture programme between 11.00 am till 1.00 pm. They have explained various aspects of Energy Management as well as Energy Auditing in industries. The questions asked by the students were appropriately answered by the team. The talk was coordinated by Prof. Venkatesh K. S.
An interacting session on “Basics of Research and technical writing” was conducted by Automata in association with ISTE MBCET chapter on 17th July 2017. Dr. R. Sreedharan NIT Calicut, was the resource person. This event had a participation from students and faculties of all branches. The talk started by 2pm and was concluded by 4:30pm.Mrs.DivyaNA,Chairman, ISTE MBCET CHAPTER, gave a memento to our guest as our token of appreciation.
ISTE MBCET and AUTOMATA conducted a case study on 22nd February 2017 by Mr. Navaneeth, Project manager at Orange technologies, on supply chain management for students of Mechanical engineering department. The event was coordinated by Ms. Nidhi MB, Asst Prof Mechanical engineering department.
ISTE MBCET Chapter has conducted a two day workshop on Robotics, in association with IEDC & AUTOMATA on August 20-21, 2016.It enables students to have hands-on experience on robo-building.
A talk was arranged by AUTOMATA in association with ISTE-MBCET chapter on 17th August 2016, by. Dr. P. Kusumakumari, M.D, Professor & Head of Dept., Paediatric Oncology on Life Style Diseases. Around 120 students of Mehcancial department participated in the session and Dr. P. Kusumakumari urged students to control the dependence on junk food.
ISTE-AUTOMATA CHARITY drive initiative by the students chapter as a helping hand to students of St Josephs school on 7th July 2015.A payment of Rs 5000/- was offered to the students of the school from the contributions received from students and ISTE faculty.
ISTE MBCET student chapter and AUTOMATA in association with Energy audit cell organized a session on Energy Audit. S6 students of EEE and Mechanical attended the session. Around 110 students participated in the session on 10/03/2015. The resource person was Dr Hari Kumar, Energy Technologies and, Head Training division, Energy Management centre Kerala, The session was co-ordinated by Ms. Jomol of Electrical department and Ms. Nidhi MB of Mechanical Engineering department.
ISTE in association with AUTOMATA organized a talk by Mr Asok Kumar, General manager, Gulf ASIA, on 16th March 2015. He spoke on industry opportunities and motivated the young engineers. 104 students from sixth semester attended the session. The session was coordinated by Ms Nidhi MB,(A/HoD ME), National council member ISTE and Mr Sreejith N K, Mr Deepak BS, Mr Roshan, Mr Ravessh, faculty members from Mechanical Engineering department.
MBCET has finally provided a platform for all the technical and automobile lovers to showcase their best. The yesteryears’ vintage vehicles, amazingly and crazily modified cars and bikes and the most luxurious vehicles which one can only dream of were at display at OFFROADZ 2014.
The auto expo organized by AUTOMATA and Department of Mechanical Engineering in Mar Baselios College of engineering and technology, Nalanchira was held on March 1&2, 2014 at Mar Ivanios ground, Nalanchira. With the theme “SAFETY IS IN OUR HANDS” a road safety campaign was held on February 23rd 2014 at Shangumugham beach which received a great response from the public.
The session was started with beach cleaning in association with department of district tourism. A great sand sculpture of hand holding a car was casted by Sri. Deepak Mouthalin. The evening session was inaugurated by Sub. Inspector of Police Valiyathura, Sri. Harikumar followed by a public interaction session on road safety awareness. All the people who gathered there lighted up candles around the sculpture in memory of their loved ones who lost their lives in road accidents.
The annual auto show Offroadz organized by students of Mechanical Engineering department was held on 23 rd and 24th February, 2013. Dr Sreekanth K J and Mr. Roshan G K were the Staff coordinators for conducting the event. The fest was inaugurated by Col. Rakesh Sharma. A Display of arms and ammunitions by Indian army was also held on the same date.
The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE).was founded in 1981 at New Delhi by a group of eminent HVAC&R professionals. ISHRAE today has over 17,633 HVAC&R professionals as members and additionally there are 10,695 Student-members. ISHRAE operates from over 42 Chapters and sub Chapters spread all over India, with HQ in Delhi.
It is led by a team of elected officers, who are members of the Society, working on a voluntary basis, and collectively called the Board of Governors.
ISHRAE Objectives :
- Advancement of the Arts and Sciences of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering and Related Services.
- Continuing education of Members and other interested persons in the said sciences through Lectures, Workshops, Product Presentations, Publications and Expositions. Rendition of career guidance and financial assistance to students of the said sciences.
- Encouragement of scientific research.
To promote the goals of the Society for the benefit of the general public. Towards this objective, the Chapters of the Society participate in and organize activities to protect the Environment improve Indoor Air Quality, help Energy Conservation, provide continuing education to the Members and others in the HVAC & related user Industries and offer certification programs and career guidance to students at the local colleges and tertiary institutions.
As part of its objectives to promote the interests of the HVAC&R Industry. ISHRAE is involved in various activities. ISHRAE reaches out to all its members and seeks their active participation & involvement in all the Events/Programs organized by the society.
ISHRAE conducts Conferences ,Seminars ,Exhibitions ,Workshops ,Panel Discussions and Product Presentations throughout the country with both national and international participants to discuss, promote and display the state of the art technologies, systems, products and services.
- ISHRAE student chapters in more than 150 engineering colleges encourage students to opt for careers in the HVAC&R industry. Knowledge dissemination is done through seminars.quiz contests like aQuest plant and site visits.
- ISHRAE has launched “ISHRAE job junction” nationally. providing a platform for
- leading employers to recruit candidates who are members from ISHRAE student
- K-12 initiative of ISHRAE is focused on school students’ contests. in making them aware of subjects like. energy conservation and environmental concerns through drawing competitions.poster design.quiz and planting of trees. Emphasis on STEM education is stressed to inculcate a scientific fervor & help develop these young children into responsible citizens.
ISHRAE-MBCET STUDENT CHAPTER INSTALLATION CEREMONY
22nd February 3pm
ISHRAE-MBCET STUDENT CHAPTER installation ceremony took place at the campus on 22nd February. The session was attended by officials from ISHRAE, Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering, Staff and student members of ISHRAE, Mar Baselios College Of Engineering and Technology.
The ceremony was attended by the following ISHRAE Officials:
Prof. Udayakumar (Students chapter Chair – South, ISHRAE), Mr. K Ganeshan (Founder president, ISHRAE Trivandrum chapter), Mr. Krishna Kumar R (President Elect, ISHRAE Trivandrum chapter) and Mr. Asok Ayyappan (Program Chair, ISHRAE Trivandrum Chapter)
ISHRAE TRIVANDRUM CHAPTER Activities
ISHRAE JOB JUNCTION
17-18 January 2019, Chennai
The first program conducted by ISHRAE TRIVANDRUM CHAPTER at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology was ISHRAE Job Junction. Job Junction is a placement program in which students are given opportunities to attend interviews conducted by prominant HVAC&R employers. Student members from Department of Mechanical Engineering attended the initial screening test conducted by ISHRAE in which 26 students were qualified and invited for interview conducted at Loyola ICAM College of Engineering, Chennai. First stage of Interviews were conducted on January 17-18 and 12 students attended the same.
There were 11 employers from HVAC&R fields to recruit candidates.
Recruitment process for each company was separate and the students were allowed to register for a maximum of three companies per day. Recruitment process includes Group Discussion or screening test and Technical Interviews. More than 500 students from entire South India was present at the venue. 3 students from MBCET were shortlisted by the recruiters.
On behalf of ISHRAE Trivandrum Chapter, two technical talks were conducted on 16th March 2019 at Hotel Horizon. The technical talks titled, “Basics of Air-conditioning systems & Types of Air conditioners” by Mr. Santhosh.K and “Cold Storage Basics” by Mr. Vijay Bhaskar
“Basics of Air-conditioning systems & Types of Air conditioners” by Mr. Santhosh.K was very effective and informative foe the students.
20 Student members from Department of Mechanical Engineering attended the technical talks.
ISHRAE MBCET Office Bearers:
President: Mr. Adith Suresh
Secretary: Mr. Mobish Abraham Shaji
Treasurer: Mr. Nikhil S Raj
Executive members: Ms. Salma Asraff, Mr. Anandu J, Mr. Sajin Saji
Professor in charge: Mr. Vishnu Prasad K R
The latest addition to the arsenal of organization affiliated with MBCET is the ASME MBCET Students’ Chapter, formed in the month of March, 2017. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) was formed by the students of the Mechanical Engineering Department with the objective of organising events that focuses on Mechanical Engineering. The chapter, headed by Student Section Advisor, Mr.Jagajith S, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and Chairman, Mr. Jayesh from S6 Mechanical , has over 100 members.
The Chapter has been working smoothly with full drive and energy. An interview, guided by the Associate Professors of the Department was conducted this year to select the new office bearers of the Chapter. The Annual General Body Meeting was conducted in the college in the month of February to review the activities and functioning of the unit.
For the First time in Kerala, ASME MBCET CHAPTER in association with The FMAE ( Fraternity of Mechanical and Automotive Engineers) organized a national level Training program – ‘ATV bike Design and Development’; a 15 day intense training from 4th to 17thof July 2017 that covers all the aspects of automobile manufacturing, from design to fabrication.
The Outcome of this program is to make the participants aware of the road ahead of them and to give them prior experience of what they are going to encounter when they are in an industry.
The Chapter is yet again proud to represent the college at the international event ASME E-FEST Asia Pacific 2018 in Delhi, in the month of March (16th -18th), 2018. Student members, Harikrishnan Jayan Menon (S8), Bharath Lal (S8) and Edwin Denis Joseph (S8) represented the college in the Old Guard Competition.
The unit has also organised a Mind Controlled Autobot Workshop, the first of its kind at the college on 24th – 25th March 2018. The workshop was conducted by ROBOKART, Bangalore in association with IIT Bombay Innovation Cell. It was the first ever workshop in the history of all ASME chapters in Kerala to conduct a 3-in-1 workshop, i.e., Mind – Voice – Android App controlled Autobot.
It was basically an Arduino Board based design. A brainwave-reading headset which has only a single lead electrode (Neurosky mind wave headset) was used to collect the EEG signal. The EEG signal developed was then sent to the Arduino Mega to control the movement of the robot. This was indeed a novel experience for the students in making robot from scratch. These methods are one of the leading technologies under research hence the workshop without a doubt equipped the participants with necessary basic details to get started with the field.
A membership drive for the first year students was also conducted. An inspiring speech was delivered by the Vice Chairperson, Harikrishnan Jayan Menon, S8 on the growing need of the youth to think outside of the textbooks and explore on their own in order to develop the skills required for an engineer in today’s fast moving world.
The ASME MBCET Chapter continues to grow and expand its roots. The chapter is expected to reach heights in the future and looks forward to let its members come out with flying colours.
We are now a member of CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) through which we intend to to establish an Industry-Institute Partnership cell. Through the cell we aims,
- To bring industry closer to the academic and vice-versa.
- To make the the technical courses more relevant to the industrial practices.
- To generate resources in the form of industry supported projects and consultancy programs.
- To encourage industry and relevant organizations for placement and training of students in industries.
- Implementing R&D programs & sponsored joint R&D projects from industries inside the institute.
- To conduct Industrial Training and Industrial Visits for the students and faculty.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization, playing a proactive role in India’s development process. Founded in 1895, India’s premier business association has around 9000 members, from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from around 276 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
CII charts change by working closely with Government on policy issues, interfacing with thought leaders, and enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and business opportunities for industry through a range of specialized services and strategic global linkages. It also provides a platform for consensus-building and networking on key issues.
Extending its agenda beyond business, CII assists industry to identify and execute corporate citizenship programmes. Partnerships with civil society organizations carry forward corporate initiatives for integrated and inclusive development across diverse domains including affirmative action, healthcare, education, livelihood, diversity management, skill development, empowerment of women, and water, to name a few.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED MECHANICS & OPTIMISATION, ICAMeO-2019
Department of Mechanical Engineering of MBCET has organised a 3 day International Conference on Applied Mechanics and Optimisation, ICAMeO-2019 in association with Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia. As part of the inaugural ceremony, an Industry-Academia conclave was organised. During the ceremony, a MoU was signed between Universiti Teknologi MARA and MBCET. The keynote speakers from industry representatives includes Dr. Chiranjiv Roy, Vice President-Data Science & AI, Nissan Digital India and Mr. Raghunath Nair, Deputy General Manager – Connected Cars, Nissan Motor Corporation. Academic speakers includes Dr. David N V, Head of Research (International/Private Grant/VCSP), Dr. Saravana Kannan Thangavelu, Senior Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, Swinburne University of Technology, Malaysia, Dr. Bipin Balaram, Amrita Viswavidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Dr. D. Bijulal, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, GEC Bartonhill. 69 out of 101 papers were selected for oral presentation after a comprehensive peer review process and the selected papers will be published in scopus indexed AIP conference proceedings.
- Nidhi MB and Ruby Maria Syriac organized ISTE sponsored STTP on “OPTIMISATION” from 17-21 July 2017.
- Jagajith S organized workshop on– “ATV Bike Design and Development” from 4 – 17 July 2017.
- Raveesh G and Mr. Vinod V organized a Training Program on “Competence Enhancement for Technical Staff” from 12-14 July 2017.
- Anoop MR organized one week ISTE approved national workshop on Engineering Mechanics from 8 – 12 June 2015.
- Mr. Deepak B and Mr. Jagajith S organized one week ISTE approved national workshop on Fluid mechanics and Heat engines Lab from 2 – 6 June 2015
- Ms. Ruby Maria Syriac, Mr. Jagajith S. and Mr. Vishnu Asok J. S attended a FDP on Recent Advances in NanoTechnology at GEC Idukki from 18-22nd December 2017.
- Mr. Premchand V. P attended four day workshop on “Self Awareness & Integral Education, SAIE 2017” at GEC Barton Hill from 22-25th November, 2017.
- Dr. K Muraleedharan , and Mr. Unnikrishnan G attended a FDP on Special Topics in Fluid dynamics at IIT Madras from 09-14 October 2017.
- Mr. Jagajith,, Mr. Deepak,B and Mr. Vishnu Prasad K.R attended a FDP on Recent Trends in Utilization Of Renewable and Sustainable Energy in Engineering applications at TKM college of Engineering, Kollam from 6-11 February 2017.
- Ms. Ruby Maria Syriac, Mr. Kedar Mohan, Mr. Bobin Saji George , Mr. Vishnu Asok. attended FDP on Product Development of an IOT device at MBCET from 26 – 28 July 2017.
- Mr. Hari Venkit attended short term training Programme on “Robotics & Automation” at CET from 3 -7 July 2017.
- Mr. Roshan George Koshy attended FDP on Research Methodology and Mathematical Approaches for Engineering Research at MCET, Trivandrum from 3 -7 July 2017.
- Mr. Roshan George Koshy and Mr. Nirmal M. S. attended FDP on Optimization Techniques for Engineering Applications at MBCET from 3 – 7 July 2017.
- Ms. Nidhi M.B attended One day workshop on engineering Approach to Community Development Projects at Trivandrum on 27 June 2017.
- Mr. Rupesh S, Mr. Vishnu Prasad K.R., Mr. Raveesh G., Mr. Premchand V. P. and Mr. Emmanuel Ruben Gilbert attended Faculty Development Programme on ACL organized by IIT Madras from 21 – 23 April 2017.
- Mr. Unnikrishnan G attended FDP on Application of Mathematics in Engineering TKM college of Engineering, Kollam from 23-28 January 2017.
- Mr. Remil George Thomas, Mr. Hari Venkit, Mr. Anoop M R and Mr. Bobin Saji attended a Workshop on Recent Advances in Tribology and Surface Engineering” at Saintgits college of Engineering, Kottayam from 19 – 21 December 2016.
- Mr. Deepak B, Mr. Roshan George Koshy, Mr. Vinod V, J Mr. agajith S and Mr. Raveesh G attended FDP on Essential Mathematics for Engineering organized by KTU from 29 November- 3 December 2016.
- Mr. Roshan George Koshy, Mr. Vishnu Prasad K.R, Mr. Jagajith, and Mr. Deepak B attended FDP on Combustion Theory And Computational Techniques at TKM college of Engineering, Kollam from 16-21 November 2016.
- Mr. Anoop M. R, Mr. Deepak B, and Mr. Jagajith S. B attended FDP on Industrial Tribology and its Recent Advances in Engineering at NIT Calicut from 21-23 October 2016.
- Mr. Deepak G Dileep attended FDP on “An Advanced Introduction to the Finite Volume Methods in Computational Fluid Dynamics” at IIT Indore from 05-09 September 2016.
- Mr. Bobin Saji George attended a four week FDP on Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning organized by IIT Bombay from February to March 2016.
- Deepak G Dileep attended a FDP on Recent Advances in Finite Element Methods to Solve Complex Engineering Problems at NIT Calicut from 19-25 July 2016.
- Premchand V P, Ms. Ruby M.S, Mr. Sujith S and Mr. Ranjith H attended a FDP on Experimental stress analysis at GEC Barton Hill from 19-23 July 2016.
- Raveesh.G attended a National workshop on IPR and its Enforcement at Trivandrum from 14 – 15 July 2016.
- Unnikrishnan G attended a FDP on Research Methodology in Fluid Mechanics at Amrita University from 14- 16 July 2016.
- Nidhi M.B attended a Workshop on Modern Trends on Electronic Waste Management at GEC Barton Hill from 11-13 July 2016.
- Ayswer A S attended a FDP on Modern Trends on Electronic Waste Management at GEC Barton Hill from 11- 13 July 2016.
- Vinod V attended a FDP on “A course on Nonlinear Control System Design (nCSD)” at IIST, Trivandrum on June 2016.
- Nidhi M.B attended a One day workshop on Research writing: Technical and Language Aspects at NIT Calicut on 28 Feb 2016.
- Sujith S attended a One Day Workshop on Differential Equations and Fourier Series – Some Applications at MBCET on 14 January 2016.
- Nidhi M.B,and Mr. Bobin Saji George attended a Workshop on Design & Engineering at GEC Barton Hill from 24-27 November 2015.
- Raveesh G attended a One day Workshop on Teaching and Learning at MBCET on 7 December 2015.
- Ayswer A S, Mr. Hari Venkit and Mr. Anoop M R attended an FDP on Advanced Tool boxes in MATLAB for optimization at CET 25-27 Nov 2015.
- Ayswer A S, and Mr. Anoop M R attended a FDP on Introduction to MATLAB at MBCET on 24 Nov 2015
- Nidhi M B attended an FDP on Self awareness and integral Education (SAIE) at GEC Barton Hill from 24-27 Nov 2015.
- Rupesh S attened an FDP on IEEE Authorship workshop, “How to publish a Technical Paper with IEEE organised by IIT Madras non 20 Aug 2015.
- Sujith S attended one day workshop on Finite Element Structural Analysis Software FEAST organized at MBCET on 30 December 2015.
- Hari Venkit and Mr. Remil G.T attended a short term training program on Optimization Techniques for Engineers and Scientists at LBS college of Engineering on July 2015.
- Rupesh S attended a conference on National Meet for research scholars in Mechanical Engineering at NIT Calicut from 3 – 4 July 2015.
- Roshan George Koshy and Ms. Ruby M.S attended a FDP on Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS at RIT Kottayam from 22 – 26 June 2015.
- Nidhi M B attended a FDP on Introduction to Sustainable Engineering at CET from 18-20 June 2015.
- Ajeesh M.V, Mr. Anoop M, Mr. Aravind P, Mr. Ayswer A.S, Mr. Deepak B, Mr. Hari Venkit, Mr. Jagajith S, Mr. K Gisuthan, Mr. K .M Raju, Mr. K.S Venkitesh, Mr. Kedar Mohan, Ms. Nidhi M.B, Mr. Pradeep M, Mr. Rajesh T.N, Mr. Remil G.T, Ms. Ruby M.S, Mr. Unnikrishnan G, Mr. Vinod V, and Mr. Vishnu Prasad attended a FDP on Recent Advances in Mechanics at MBCET from 8-12 June 2015.
- Nidhi M B attended workshop on HLL industry internship at HLL, Trivandrum from 4-11 May 2015.
- Rupesh S attended a FDP on Advances Mathematical Approaches in Chemical and Environmental Engineering Using MATLAB at NIT Calicut from 28 February – 1 Mar 2015.
- Roshan George Koshy attended a FDP on Microfluidics : Fundamentals, Modeling and Applications at CET from 28 January – 2 February 2015.
- Hari Venkit, Mr. Deepak B, Mr. Raveesh G , Mr. Roshan G Koshy, Ruby M.S, Mr. S Jagajith, Mr. Sujith S, and Mr. Vinod V attended a Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights & Patent Procedures at MBCET at 9 January 2015.
- Rajesh T.N, Mr. Unnikrishnan G, and Mr. Vinod V attended a FDP on Introduction To CFD And Its Applications on CET from 1-8 December 2014.
- Roshan G Koshy attended a FDP on Robotics And Industrial Automation at CET from 1-6 December 2014.
- Pradeep M and Mr. Sujith S attended a FDP on Design Realisation and Testing of Advanced Composite and Sandwich Structures at SCT college of Engineering from 27-29 November 2014.
- Sreejith N.K attended a FDP on “Entrepreneurship” at PSG college from 17-28 November 2014.
- Arvind p and Mr. Vishnu Prasad K R attended FDP on “Pedagogy For Effective Use Of ICT in Engineering Education organized by IIT Delhi.
- Ranjith H attended Workshop On Microteaching at GEC Barton Hill from 20-21 October 2014.
- Sreejith N.K attended 3 Day Workshop on Advanced Materials And Modern Manufacturing Technologies at Saintgits college of Engineering from 25-27 Sept 2014.
- Deepak B, Dr. K.J Sreekanth, Mr. Hari Venkit, Mr. Kedar Mohan, Ms. Nidhi M.B, Mr. Pradeep M, Ms. Resmy J Devan, Mr. Roshan G Koshy, Mr. Shyam Sundar, Mr. Sreejith N.K, Mr. Unnikrishnan G, Mr. Kedar Mohan and Mr. Vinod V attended two weeks ISTE Workshop on FLUID MECHANICS at MBCET from 20-30 May 2014.
- Pradeep M attended Coordinators workshop on Fluid Mechanics at IIT Kharagpur on March 2014.
- Hari Venkit attended Workshop on Mechatronics-Status and Challenges at CET from 2- 7 December 2013.
- Mr. Ajeesh M.V, Ms. Nidhi M.B, Mr. Pradeep M, Mr. Roshan G Koshy, Ms. Ruby M.S, Mr. Sreejith N.K, Mr. Unnikrishnan.G attended two week ISTE Workshop on Engineering MECHANICS at MBCET from 26 November – 6 December ,2013
The department career guidance cell is constantly striving to enhance the employ ability of our students. The cell is in constant touch with the industries and research institutes and consultant monitoring their requirements and changes. In view of the same the cell is organizing various training sessions and invited talks which aims to improve the skills of our students
Talk on soft skills by Dr. B S Warrier
A talk regarding soft skills, career plans after engineering and also tips for making personal career growth was given to first year mechanical students by career guru Dr. B S Warrier on February 2017.
A Talk on Piping Design by ARMSTECH ENGINEERS
ARMSTECH ENGINEERS Private Limited is a developing contracting company founded in 2010. ARMSTECH training division is providing excellent training and proper exposure to the construction sites for B tech holders in Mechanical Engineering. A talk on MEP, Oil and Gas was conducted for the final year mechanical engineering students on August 2018.
A Talk on MEP-HVAC Engineering and Quality Management by TECHMEX GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS
TECHMEX is an educational institution providing state of the art training and certification in the field of NDT, Surface Coatings, MEP-HVAC and Quality Management. A talk on NDT, MEP-HVAC and Quality Management was conducted for the final year mechanical engineering students on March 2018.
A Talk on Project Management in Industrial Engineering by SYNERGY School of Business Skills
A division of CADD Centre, Synergy School of Business Skills is India’s largest network of management training institute, dedicated to providing short-term programmes for professionals in corporate/life skills, project management, operational excellence, and people skills. A talk on Project Management was conducted for the third year mechanical engineering students on January 2019.
A Talk on application and scope of NDT by INDUSCAN Petroleum Institute
INDUSCAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified institution .This institute pioneers in Engineering consultancy, Engineering skill development courses, Human Resources and Skilled Professional Management for all kind of mechanical construction industries especially in Oil and Gas Sector, Thermal Power sector, Petrochemical sector and other related industries. A talk on NDT, MEP-HVAC and Quality Management was conducted for the final year mechanical engineering students on February 2019.
A Talk on Maritime Studies by Society for Industrial and Technical Education of Goa
The institute was established in 1997 by the Society of Industrial and Technical Education of Goa under guidance and approval of Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India. Institute of Maritime Studies provides quality training to young aspiring marine engineers. A talk on NDT Maritime training and its job opportunities were given for the final year mechanical engineering students on January 2018.
A talk on Career Guidance by PERFORMX Global
PerformX is a team of Aptitude & Attitude mentors with excellent track records in Common Aptitude Test (CAT) Training. It is designed to shape the young aspirant’s attitude, aptitude and instill confidence in them. PerformX is powered by a team of highly qualified professionals with the passion for excellence in education. A talk on higher studies was given for third year mechanical students on October 2018.
Talk and GATE Mock Test by GATEFORUM
GATEFORUM, promoted by alumni of the IIMs and IITs, is the largest organization in the field of GATE training, with a presence in more than 50 cities and having trained more than 2,30,000 students since inception. GATEFORUM is the number 1 institute for preparation for GATE Exam. The technical team at GATEFORUM comprises of Post Graduates of IITs, IISc and eminent professors teaching for GATE for a number of years. A talk and mock test for GATE exam was given for the third year mechanical students on November 2018.
An advanced training program on IC Engines by Yamaha Training Centre
An AUTOMOBILE TRAINING PROGRAM was conducted by YAMAHA Training Centre, Jayamatha ITI, Nalanchira for second year mechanical students as part of their internship program. Practical oriented one week training is given each year from 2017 onwards.
GATE coaching classes
Intensive GATE coaching Program is given to final year students which help them to cover entire spectrum of GATE Preparation such as Concept Building, Problem Solving ability by experienced department faculty.
Talk on Internship opportunities and Internship Fair by Fourth ambit in association with AICTE
A Talk on internship opportunities and internship fair by fourth ambit was given to third year students on April 2018. Fourth Ambit is a specialist networking platform creating value across stakeholders in the education ecosystem. Internship programs are recognized and promoted to help students gain first-hand industry knowledge and provides a great opportunity to determine if an industry is a good fit for them.
A Talk on Quality Control by SCOREQC Training and services
SCOREQC Training and services is a QA/QC institute in Trivandrum who provides training for professionals in the area of oil and gas, refineries and other industrial fields. A session on NDT, Piping Engineering and MEP was provided for B Tech Mechanical Engineering final year students on February 2018.
Anand R of S8 ME got a scholarship for attending a training programme for a Diploma course in Oil and Gas Technology.
Advanced training program on Computer Aided Design by CADD Centre
CADD centre is Asia’s largest information technology training services company, creating skilled human resources in Computer Aided Design, Engineering and Product Life Cycle Management. A session on advanced CAD softwares like CATIA by Dassault Systems, Autodesk Inventor, ANSYS, AutoCAD, Solid Works etc. was given to third year B Tech Mechanical Engineering students on March 2017.
An International Design Competition was conducted in our college and five students were selected for second round competition and eight hours training in respective softwares were given to the selected students.
A training program on FUSION 360 by BIMIT
BIMIT, Cad & Bim Training and Services is a training centre with a focus on the BIM (Building Information Modelling) software Application training and services promotions. BIMIT is an Autodesk Authorised Training Center. Autodesk Fusion 360 is an integrated CAD, CAM, and CAE tool for product development, built for the new ways products are designed and made.
They conducted a one day training program on FUSION 360 software for the third year mechanical students on January 2018.
A talk on skill development and a scholarship program MECH PRIZE by National Council for Technology and Training (NACTET)
National Council for Technology and Training (NACTET) is an Autonomous organization registered under Govt. of Kerala and recognized by Govt. of India. They provide industry relevant education and well crafted training and skilled development program in different technical areas.
Conducted a skill based scholarship program titled MECH PRIZE for the final year mechanical students. Abhishek R John and Balu G got scholarship for the training program on April 2017.
A training program on HVAC and NDT by Global Institute for Design Engineering
Global Institute for Design Engineering (GIDE) is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization affiliated and recognized at state and national level with different govt. and technical councils. The courses offered under the training programs were Quality and Safety improvement, Sustainability, Cost Management etc.
GIDE conducted two days practical oriented internship program for final year students November 2017.
Personal grooming session and soft skill training Malayalam Manorama in association with Proctor and Gamble
The Personal grooming and Soft skills training was conducted by Malayala Manorama for final year students on November 2018. The session includes personality development, presentation skills,communication abilities, language skills, personal habits, cognitive or emotional empathy, time management, teamwork and leadership traits.
One day training program for Infosys Placement
A one day training program was conducted for final year students on January 2019 for Infosys placement. The program was organized by CGPU Department of Mechanical Engineering . Training was lead by Mr Premchand VP and Mr Remil George Thomas of Mechanical Department, MBCET. Around 88 students attended the program out of which 18 students were selected by Infosys.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Education and Research, imparting ethical values for the betterment of mankind.
To impart Technical Knowledge and Values through continuous Training and Research for the overall development of the Stakeholders.