News and Events
FDP ON ADVANCES IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATION (AWC ’19)
July 8th to 12th 2019
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is organizing a 5-day Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “ADVANCES IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATION” (AWC ’19) from July 8th to 12th, 2019, sponsored by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala. This FDP will immensely help the faculty members to broad base their knowledge in wireless communication technology, security aspects in 5G, Antennas for 5G, Hands on session in CST and MATLAB.
VENUE – Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum
DATES – July 8th to 12th, 2019
TIMING – 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
For brochure, click here
Registration link: www.tiny.cc/AWC_19
- ENIX, the association of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology conducted its inter-collegiate technical festival, ADHARVA ’18 on 24th February 2018.Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/adharva18/
Instagram: ADHARVA 18
- The Department of Electronics and Communication, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum, in association with Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) conducted a “Workshop on Soft Computing for Biomedical Applications (WSCBA 2017)” from July 3rd to July 7th, 2017.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, MBCET organized a Short Term Training Programme on Image and Speech Processing with Practical Applications (ISPPA’17) from 9th to 13th January, 2017.
- Expert talk on Biomedical engineering Past, Present and Future by Mr. Arun K M , Research Scholar, SCTIMST was arranged by the Biomedical and Instrumentation Research group on 5th September 2016.
- Communication Research Group conducted an Invited talk by Ms. Shanthi Ravindran (Business Development Manager, Motorola Solutions, Singapore) on “Growing role of software in telecom networks – Software is eating the world” on 8th August 2016.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering organized 2016 International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks (ComNeT2016) during 21-23 July 2016 jointly with University of Dayton, USA, and was technically sponsored by IEEE. The Conference was inaugurated on 21st July 2016 by Dr K Sivan, Director VSSC. This was followed by motivating addresses by Dr K Kesavasamy, Head, Academic Interface, TCS and Dr K Suresh Nair, Chair, IEEE Kerala Section.The Keynote Address was delivered by Dr. Vijayan K. Asari, Senior Member IEEE and Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Dayton on 22nd July 2016. In addition to the Keynote, there were four technical presentations by eminent personalities, Dr S. Raghavan, Professor, Dept. of ECE, NIT Trichy; Dr. Sriram N. Kizhakkemadam, Senior Chief Engineer, Samsung R&D Institute, Bangalore; Dr. Krishnaraj M. Varma, Senior Hardware Engineer, Qualcomm, USA, and Mr Raja Duraisamy, Solutions Architect, Telecommunications, Singapore. The conference included a technical program with three parallel tracks in the areas of Communication Systems, Signal Processing & Networks. It attracted over 162 papers, which were meticulously reviewed and 47 papers were finally chosen for presentation in the conference. There were 14 sessions under 8 different themes.
- IEEE events in collaboration with IEDC were conducted on 6th and 7th of August 2016
- A Workshop on Microcontrollers was conducted for second year ECE students.
- A Workshop on Internet Of Things (IoT) was conducted during the month of July for first year omputer science students.
- The Monthly Chairs Meet of IEEE Travancore Hub was conducted on the 31st of July.
- A Paper Presentation Competition was conducted from 21st July to 23rd of July in collaboration with IEEE COMNET hosted by the college.
- A short term training program on Network Administration was started by the IEEE Computer Society of MBCET SB, covering the basics of networking.
- All Kerala Young Scientist (AKYS) 2016 was conducted on 5th March, 2016, as an event of Crossroad 2016, the annual technical and cultural fest of the college
- The Annual General Body Meeting of Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology was held on 1st March 2016 at the college.
- A 2 day workshop on Arduino was conducted on the 13th and 14th of February at the college.
- The Women in Engineering (WIE) affinity group of IEEE MBCET held a talk on Women Empowerment on 5 February 2016.The talk was given by Ms Rina Vivekanandhan on 10 March 2016 from 11:15pm to 12:30pm. There were around 80 students in total from all the branches in the college.
Achievements of Faculty
- Ms. Anu R. G is Topper in NPTEL online course on “Basic Tools of Microwave Engineering” by IIT Kharagpur.
- Ms. Anu R. G. secured the first rank in M. Tech in Microwave and television engineering (2014).
- Ms. Revathy Sivanandan secured the second rank in M.Tech in Signal Processing (2014) and won the Best Paper award for above in Signal Processing during NCTT 2014.
- Mr. Niyas K. Haneefa won the Best paper award for the paper, “ Clustering protein sequences based on Similarity Matrix” at the International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology”, ICRTET 2013, Bangalore. .
- Ms. Teena Rajan won the second best paper award for the paper – “C band Chirp Spread Spectrum Signal generation using DDS-PLL Technique”, in the category-Best Content and Presentation, at the International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science Engineering(ICEECS) 2012 held at Coimbatore organized by IRD, India on 21st October 2012.
Achievements of Students
- Mr. Joseph Kurian (S4 EC2) represented Kerala University in All India Inter university netball championship from April 11-16 at Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Ms. Priyadarshini G, Ms. Shruti Prasad, Ms. Leia J Thomas and Ms. Neha Mariam Varghese (S4 EC2) won first position in INVENTO ,a product development competition held at LBS Institute of Tehnology for Women on 27th February,2016.
- Ms. Shara Sherly Samuel Koshy (S4 EC2) got Second prize in Kathaprasangam in the Kerala University inter college Youth Festival 2016 held at Chengannur.
- Ms. ParvathySasikumar (S4 EC 2) won second prize in English poetry writing in Baselion Fest, 2016
- Ms. Gautamy S. Kumar (S4 EC1), Ms. Anjana Padman (S6 EC1), Ms. Aishwarya (S6 EC 2), Ms. Maria Roniya, Ms. Swati, Ms. Aishwarya, Ms. Athira (S8 EC1) won 1st prize in Thiruvathira in Kerala University Youth Festival
- Ms. Shara Sherly Samuel Koshy (S4 EC2), Ms. Gautamy (S4 EC1), Ms. Aishwarya (S6 EC2), Ms. Athira. Ms. Maria Roniya, Ms. Reshma(S8 EC1) got Second prize in Keralanadanam group in the Kerala University inter college Youth Festival
- Ms. Haritha (S4 EC 1) won 3rd prize in folk song in Kerala University Youth Festival and 1st place in Kerala Netball team inter-university
- Ms. Gayathri, Ms. Akshara(S6 EC1) won 2nd prize in Margankali in Kerala University Youth Festival.
- Mr. Aravind Prem (S6 EC2), was the Technical head of cross roads 2016 and won 3rd prize in Baselian fest group dance and annual athletic meet relay
- Ms. Divya Anna Koshy (S6 EC2) was the Registration head of Crossroads 16
- Ms. Shilpa Sheeba Jayachandran (S6 EC2), got 3rd prize for Rangoli in baselian fest
- Mr. Abhinand and Mr. Naveen (S6 EC1) won first prize for Paper presentation in Musaliar college and second prize in Project competition in Barton hill Government Engineering College
- Ms. Sruthi Sankar and Ms. Anjana Padman (S6 EC1) got second prize in group song in Kerala University Youth Festival , 2016
- Ms. Athira Krishnan R, Ms. Mariya Roniya, Ms. Aiswarya Krishnan, Ms. Swathy Chandran (S8 EC1), Ms. SharaSherly Samuel Koshy (S4 EC2) won first prize in Group dance in Kerala University Youth Festival , 2016
- Mr. Kiran P, Mr. Pranav J (S8 EC2) got second prize in Dufmutt in Kerala University Youth Festival
- Mr. Anuraj S, Mr. Sajith R, Mr. Roshan Geogy (S6 EC1), Mr. Deepak John Reji, Mr. Akhil Sanker, Mr. Ajay Sanker, Mr. Zabin P. (S8 EC1), Mr. Akshay B. S. (S8 EC2) won third prize in Kolkali in Kerala University Youth Festival, 2016.
- Ms. Gopika Sreekumar (S8 EC) got third prize in English debate.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering Education and Research for the service of humanity.
To provide quality Engineering Education and to carry out Research in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering addressing the challenges faced by the society.