Major events :
- Organized a “Sustainable Engineering Project Exhibition” on 28th November 2018. The event was coordinated by Ms. Meera Mathew
- Two Day Workshop on Computer Hardware and Interfacing
A Two Day Workshop on “Computer Hardware and Interfacing” was organized by Department of CSE for the teaching faculty and technical staff on 13/7/2016 and 14/7/2016.The workshop was coordinated by Ms.Anjali C.
Formation of Clubs
- The department of CSE formed various clubs to enhance the cocurricular activities of students on July, 2016. The following clubs are provided for the benefit of Students:
- OpenLabs.AI Club
Openlabs.ai club was formed to promote activities related to AI.
- Hardware and Network Club
The club validates technical competency in network & hardware. The objective of the club is to empower its members to demonstrate critical knowledge of media and topologies, protocols and standards, network & hardware implementation and support and also train them for a network & hardware certifications.
- Web Designing Club
The fields of web design and multimedia are constantly evolving, and it is essential to keep abreast of emerging new media technology. This club is designed for people who wish to gain the knowledge and skills to build or maintain a basic website or create a complex multimedia presentation. The resources includes web-related studies and and classes for Web design and development, graphics design training, multimedia, Web graphics and related areas.Web design and multimedia training can prepare students to develop, design and maintain websites, as well as how to integrate different electronic media into one presentation.
- FOSS Club
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) are those software that are liberally licensed to grant users the freedom to run the program for any purpose, to study and modify the program, and to redistribute copies of either the original or modified program (without having to pay royalties to previous developers). The main objective of the club is to adopt and promote the Free and Open Source Software.It can include both the system software as well as the application software. System Software include- GNU/Linux, Apache Web Server, BSD etc. and Application Software include OpenOffice, Gimp, TeX and LaTeX typesetting systems etc.
- OpenLabs.AI Club
A one day session on the topic “SQL Tuning” by Mr. Lal Cyril, Senior Technical Architect, Technology Competence and Consulting, IBS Software Services was organized as a part of Industry Interaction for S4 Computer Science students on 6/5/2016.
Workshop on NS3
A two day workshop on NS3 was organized by the department in association with Computer Society of India on 22nd and 23rd of April 2016. The course focused on: Introduction to NS3,NS3 architecture, NS3 installation(OS ubuntu), Wireless network simulation, TCP & UDP networks in NS3 and single flow TCP experiment in NS3. The sessions were handled by Sri. T.S. Pradeep Kumar, Asst. Professor, VIT Chennai. The course was organized by Ms. Anitha Sandeep and Mr. Vishnukumar S. A total of 28 faculty members and PG students from CS departments completed the course successfully.
A one day project exhibition by the final year B-Tech students was organized by the department association on 7/04/2016.The event was inaugrated by Anoop John, Founder and Managing Director, Zyxware Technologies, Technopark. A total of twelve teams of final year students from department of CS and IT, showcased their novels designs.The projects were judged based on the students’ presentation, percentage of completion, real world applicability and originality. The students really made use of the opportunity to display their novel ideas.
A two day workshop on Latex was conducted on 24th and 25th April 2015 for the M.Tech Students. The course was organized by Ms. Tessy Mathew.
Introduction to 2G, 2.5G, 3G & 4G
Mr. Kannan, RTTC, BSNL delivered a talk on “Introduction to 2G, 2.5G, 3G & 4G” on January 06, 2015 .
- The association activities, which are coordinated by Mr. Shibu V S were inaugurated on August 22, 2014. Dr. K C Chandrasekharan Nair, former MD, TBI, Technopark delivered a talk on “Entrepreneurship as a Habit” on this occasion.
An awareness talk by Mr. Lijoy Varghese was organized for the first year students on August 18, 2017.
- The department of CSE has organized a “Alumni Talk Series” featuring alumni. More than four alumni’s who are working in various software firms delivered a talk to the students. The talk series was co-ordinated by Mr.Shibu V S and Ms. Jisha Jose. The talk was delivered by:
- Mr. John T Thomas, IT analyst-Maersk Line IT AMS, Copenhagen, Denmark on 09/11/2016.
- Mr. Ajay Jose, Director of AJ Exports, Co-founder of Kinder Child Development Tool and Space Co-working Center on 01/11/2016.
- Mr. Zachariah Mathews, Software Engineer, Envestnet on 02/11/2016.
- Mr. Adarsh Thampy, CEO and Co-founder of LEADFERRY-Digital Marketing on 31/10/2016.
- The following alumini talks were also organized by the Department of Computer Science.
- Alumini talk arranged for the benefit of S6CS students by Mr. Sreedish P.S (2004-08 Batch), Software Development Engineer, R&D, Microsoft India on 12.4.16.
- Alumini talk arranged for the benefit of S6CS students by Mr. Ajith Kumar G.S (2007-11 CSE Batch), Technical Director, Genilok Computer Solution), on 29.3.16
- Alumini talk arranged for the benefit of S6CS students by MsSwathy Suresh (2009-13 CSE Batch), Senior Software Engineer, Teradata India Pvt Ltd on 22.3.16.
- Alumini talk arranged for the benefit of S4 CS students by Mr. SajuAsokan (2003-07 CSE Batch), Project Lead, Java, Fusion Applications devp, Oracle India on 28.3.16.
- An invited talk arranged for S2CS1 and S2CS2 students by Arun Chand (2002-06 CSE batch), Product Manager at IBS Software Services on 11.3.2016.
- One day industrial visit was arranged for S4 students at VSSC, Thumba on 7/4/2016 which was coordinated by Ms. Asha S and Ms. DeviPriya V S.
- One day industrial visit was arranged for S6 students at the BSNL training school, Kaimanam on 29/2/2016. They attended a session on the current mobile communication technologies.The visit was coordinated by Prof Raju K Gopal and Ms. Gayathri K S.
- One day industrial visit was arranged for S8 students at Infosys on 25/2/2016 which was coordinated by Mr. Sandeep S R and Ms. Anjali C.
- Organized a CODE IT’19 coding competition for Sixth and Eighth semester Computer Science students on 16th February 2019.
- Organized a One day “IoT Workshop” for S5CSE Students on 8th and 29th September 2018.
- Organized a 50 hour course on “Apple iOS Development Workshop – Level 2″ from November to December 2018.
- Sponsor for Code Bout 2018 – Data Structures Coding Competition for S3 CSE students on Dec 3, 2018.
- Sponsor for Game of Codes 2018 – Python coding competition for S1CSE students on Dec 3, 2018.
- Organized a 40 hour course on “Apple IOS Development-Level1” from January to August 2018.
- Sponsor for Game of Codes and Web Designing events on Crossroads 2018.
- Cosponsor of Hash 2018.
- A Two day workshop on “Android Programming” by Mr Ajithkumar – CEO, Genilok Computer Solutions was organized by the department on April 28 & 29, 2017.
- An expert lecture on “Website Design tools” was organized on April 21, 2017. The talk was delivered by Mr Jikku Jose, CoFounder – Qucentis.
- The student branch conducted the following events in the month of March 2017.1. CodeIT (Coding Competition) – 25th March 2017
- CodeIT (Coding Competition) – 25th March 2017
- Game of Codes (Inter College Coding Competition) – 31st March 2017
- Website Design (Inter College Website design Competition) – 31st March 2017
- A two day Workshop on “Campus to Corporate Life” was organized by the CSI Student Branch of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Nalanchira (MBCET) in association with Mahindra Naandi Foundation on February 15-16, 2017. Around 90 students attended the workshop.
- A one day Seminar on “Higher Studies in Foreign Universities” was organised by the CSI Student Branch of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Nalanchira (MBCET) in association with Edwise International on January 27, 2017. Around 200 final year students attended the seminar.
- Conducted Data Structures coding competition “Code-Bout 16” for S3CSE students on 15/11/2016.
Winners: Nikhil K Joseph(S3CS1), Sujith Thomas(S3CS1),
Bharath S(S3CS1),Aryaputhran G S(S3CS2)
- Conducted Python coding competition “Game of Codes 16” for S1CSE students on 19/11/2016.
Winners:Deekshit Gangadhar(S1CS1),Athul C K(S1CS1),
Aanandhi V B(S1CS2),Vaishak Ramachandran(S1CS2)
- A Coding competition “CodeIterate’16” for S5CSE Students was held on 12/11/2016.
Winners: Kevin Mathew(S6CS2) and Mahesh(S6CS2)
- Workshop on NS3
A two day workshop on NS3 was organized by the department in association with Computer Society of India on 22nd and 23rd of April 2016.
- Workshop on Python Programming
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology jointly organized a Two Day Workshop on Python Programming in association with, Computer Society of India, Trivandrum Chapter on 24th and 25th July 2015 at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The workshop was inaugurated by Mr. K. Mohammed Y Safarulla IAS, Director, Kerala State IT Mission. Mr.Vishnukumar S., Secretary, CSI Trivandrum Chapter welcomed the gathering and Mr.Sreekanth P. Krishnan, Chairman, CSI Trivandrum Chapter gave the presidential address. Mr. K. Mohammed Y Safarulla IAS, Director, Kerala State IT Mission gave the innaugural address and Special address by, Prof. Viswanatha Rao, Vice Principal, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology. Dr. Vikraman Nair, Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology proposed the vote of thanks.
- The resource persons of the workshop were Dr. Umesh P, Lecturer, Department of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Kerala, Mr.Rejah Rehim, OWASP Kerala Chapter Leader and Speaker at Coffee@DBG and Mr.Sreenath Sasikumar, Information Security Consultant and Python developer.The seminar was attended by 34 faculties from various engineering colleges in Kerala.
- Organized an event “VIDYA” giving computer awareness for non-teaching staffs as part of IEEE Science Week on 9th February 2019.
- Computer Society of India in association with IEEE Computer Society organized a 1 day IOT workshop on 29/9/18 for S5CS1 students and on 8/9/2018 for S5CS2 students.
- Organized a two day workshop on “Blockon – Blockchain Workshop” in association with IEDC CATALYST on 13th and 14th October 2018
- Organized a one day workshop on “IOT” for fifth year CSE on 8th and 29th September 2018.
- Organized a technical talk and interactive session by Prof: Vincenzo Piuri- Professor, University of Milan, Italy on the topic “Ambient Energy: Convergence of AI, Machine Learning, Biometrics, Cloud Computing, IOT” in association with IEEE Kerala Section on 4th October 2018.
- Organized workshop on “R Programming” for first year CSE students on June5, 2018.
- Organized “Android App Development” workshop in association with IEEE Computer Society student chapter, MBCET on NOVEMBER 4TH 2017.
- Organized Talk on the topic “Technology in Digital Marketing”
- Organized a workshop on “AI and Deep Learning” in association with IEEE Computer Society student chapter, MBCET on Feb. 3rd and 4th 2018.
- A Poster Presentation was organized by the department in association with IEEE Computer Society on July 22, 17 as part of the international conference on Networks & Advances in Computational Technologies NetACT17. Around 25 students participated and showcased posters on various innovative ideas.
- A one day Workshop on “Internet of Things-IOT” by Arun Krishna of S8CSE was organized on April 29, 2017.
- Enfys 2016
- A six day national workshop on Recent Trends and Developments in Computer Science is organized by the department in association with IEEE Computer Society of India from 2nd May to 7th May 2016 which is coordinated by Ms. Asha S. Eminent speakers like Mr. Midhun(CDAC), Dr. Madhu S Nair(Dept. of CSE, Univeristy of Kerala, Mr. Janardhanan(Suntech Solutions), Dr.Gorthi Sai Subramanyam(IIST), Dr. B S Manoj(IIST) delivered lectures on various topics like Cyber forensics, Image Processing, Data Science and Analytics etc.
- Value Added Courses organized by IEEE Computer Society of India
To provide value added courses in order to equip themselves to enhance their curriculam.
We are currently providing the following Value Added Courses for the benefit of Students.
- Python Programming
- Java Programming
- Network Administration
The department of CS in association with Computer Society of India has organized a two day value added course on “Python Programming” for S4 and S6 students on 9/4/2016 and 10/4/2016 coordinated by Ms. Aswathy Ravikumar and Mr. Robin Joseph.
The department of Computer Science and Engineering is conducting a six day value added course on “Java Programming Fundamentals and Java Server Programming using J2EE” for S6, S8 and M-Tech students starting from 16/4/2016 coordinated by Ms. Anjali C.
The department of Computer Science and Engineering is conducting a six day value added course on “Network Administration” for S4 and S6 students starting from 16/4/2016 coordinated by Ms. Divya R S.
The department of CS in association with IEEE Computer Society is organizing a two day value added workshop on “Arduino” for S2 and S4 students on May 2016 coordinated by Ms. Tessy Mathew.
- ISTE MBCET Chapter organized an expert lecture on “Corporate JAVA” for fourth semester under graduate students on 8th February 2019.
- ISTE MBCET Chapter in association with Dept. of CSE organized two day workshop on “Introduction to Machine learning and AI” for under graduate students on 10th and 11th November 2018.
- ISTE MBCET Chapter in association with Dept. of CSE organized two day workshop on “Introduction to Machine learning and AI” for under graduate students on 30th and 31st July, 2018.
- ISTE MBCET Chapter in association with Dept. of CSE and IEDC cell organized a 2 day workshop on “Raspberry-Pi” on 3rd and 4th Feb 2018.
- ISTE MBCET Chapter of Mar Baselios College of Engg. & Tech. conducted a 2 day workshop on “3D game design” in association with Robokart on 4th and 5th Nov 2017.
- A Project Exhibition was organized by the department in association with ISTE on July 22, 17 as part of the international conference on Networks & Advances in Computational Technologies NetACT17. The main objective of organizing this exhibition was to provide the platform and unleash the potential of the students by showcasing their innovative projects. Around 20 students participated and exhibited their innovative projects which were attended by the academic experts, higher authorities, all the students and faculty members in the campus.
- Organized crash course on “Java Programming” from January to August 2018.
- Organized a Career guidance talk on ”What After B.Tech”, sponsored by the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Student Chapter, MBCET, for all the S6 and S4 B.Tech students of CSE Department on 21/02/2018
- Value Added Courses
- The Department of CSE is conducting various Value Added Courses in order to equip the students themselves to enhance their curriculum during July 2018. The following Value Added Courses are provided for the benefit of S5 ECE Students:
Name of the course Faculty Co-Ordinator No.of Students C++ Programming Mr. Robin Joseph
Mr. Ramjith R P
20 C++ Programming Mr. Robin Joseph
Mr. Ramjith R P
- The Department of CSE is conducting various Value Added Courses in order to equip the students themselves to enhance their curriculum during March- November, 2018. The following Value Added Courses are provided for the benefit of Students:
- The Department of CSE is conducting various Value Added Courses in order to equip the students themselves to enhance their curriculum during July 2018. The following Value Added Courses are provided for the benefit of S5 ECE Students:
|Name of the course||Faculty Co-Ordinator||No.of Students|
|Java Programming||Ms. Devipriya V. S
Ms. Anjali C
|R Programming||Ms. Aswathy Ravikumar||15|
|Name of the course||Faculty Co-Ordinator||No.of Students|
|Ms. Devipriya V. S
Ms. Anjali C
|Latex Workshop||Ms. Kiran Baby
- Nikhitha Grace Josh and Arjun R of S7CS1 completed internship at IIT, Guwahati under the guidance of Mr. Shibu V S.
- Internship hiring for final year students was organized under the guidance of Dr.Vishnukumar S. Around 20 students from CSE department did their internship in various companies. The following are the details of internships through campus:
|Sl No||Name of Company||No. of Students|
|1||ERNST AND YOUNG||4|
- Internship hiring for final year students was organized under the guidance of Mr. Biju B Varghese. Around 150 students from CSE department did their internship in various companies. The following are the details of internships through campus:
|Sl No||Name of Company||No. of Students|
- The final year students are doing their internship in various companies as part of their final year project. The following are the details of internships:
|Sl No||Name of the Student||Project Title||Name of the Company||Guide|
Boby G Cherian
Nithin J Finold
|Android application for airlines||IBS||Ms.Tessy Mathew|
|2||Kiran Mathew Mohan
Sheen elsa Babu
|Share Go-Ride sharing application||UST Global||Mr. Biju B Varghese|
Gnana Mishma Jebina V
Neha Mary Thomas
|My Samaritan India-Android application||Elysium Infoseavices||Mr. Biju B Varghese|
Blessen sam alex
Patient relationship management system for hospitals Web Applications
|Ernst and young||Mr. Biju B Varghese|
|5||Mariam Job Tholath
Arya G Nair
|MB Touch Point-Aandrois app for student parent portal||
Ms. Devi Priya V S
|IOT Security Protocol||IITMK||Ms. Gayathri K S|
- Internship in Qburst, Technopark for Third Year students has been organized on February 2016.
- Internship in Ospyn Technologies, Technopark for Third Year students has been organized on February 2016.
- Internship in Ernst & Young, Technopark for students has been organized on February 2015.
- Ms. Poorna B R, Mr. Robin Joseph, Ms. Aswathy Ravikumar and Mr. Binu Jose handled classes in “Infosys Campus Connect Programme” for students who got placed in Infosys.
- Mr. Biju B Varghese coordinated a five week “Infosys Campus Connect Foundation Programme” for the students who got placed in Infosys. Mr.Biju B Varghese, Ms.Sunitha Krishnan K S, Mr. Robin Joseph, Ms. Aswathy Ravikumar and Mr. Binu Jose gave lectures on various topics.
- Mr. Biju B Varghese, Ms. Devipriya V S, Ms. Anjali C, Mr. Binu Jose and Dr. Tessy Mathew handled classes in “Infosys Campus Connect Programme” for students who got placed in Infosys.
Baselian Computing Workshop (BCW 2017)
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering of MarBaselios College of Engineering, organized a workshop, ‘Baselian Computing Workshop’(BCW 2017) on the 12th and 13 th of October, 2017. BCW 2017 is an intensive two-day workshopfor 50 intellectually curious and motivated high-school students, from different GovernmentSchools in and around Trivandrum city. The goal of the workshop is to encourage the computingskills, especially their logical thoughts. This helps students to channelize their creative andlogical abilities to become better, more ethical and highly insightful professionals. BCW2017endeavors to provide a lively, supportive and interactive environment, where students can stretch their talents, discover new strengths, and challenge themselves in the company of peers. As partof this session, the students were introduced to the basics of Operating System, Algorithms and Programming, Networks and Network Security. The sessions were handled by the students of B.Tech and M.Tech batches.
Baselian Computing Workshop (BCW 2016)
Baselian Computing Workshop’ (BCW 2016) was organized by the Department Association (ACE) in association with Computer Society of India, Trivandrum Chapter on the 25th and 26th of August, 2016. BCW 2016 was a two-day programme, offered free of charge, for the students of Classes 8 and 9 of local high schools in and around Trivandrum city. It was intended to create curiosity in the areas of Computer and Information sciences in the minds of our school students and enthuse them towards the numerous opportunities open to them. The workshop was inaugurated by Mr. Satish Babu, President & Co-founder,InApp InformationTechnologies, Technopark, Trivandrum. The goal of the workshop was to encourage the computing skills, especially the logical thoughts of students with a view to channelize their creative and logical abilities to become better, more ethical and highly insightful professionals of computer science and engineering. The sessions were handled by the final year M. Tech and B-Tech students. BCW2016 provided a lively, supportive and interactive environment, where students stretched their talents, discovered new strengths, and challenged themselves in the company of peers.
In this workshop, the students were introduced to the Fundamentals of Computer Science, Basics of Programming languages, Hardware Assembly, Cyber awareness and Introduction to Internet of Things. The valedictory function was presided over by K.Anwar Sadath, Executive Director, IT@School Project, Government of Kerala and two outstanding performers were awarded with laptops for their excellence in the workshop.
- Ashok Mohanakumar, student of IT department developed a directory app for MBCET Community under the guidance of Mr.Biju B Varghese.
- Arun Krishna of S7 CSE2, developed a software application to prepare the result analysis.
Baselian Computing Workshop 2014 (BCW 2014)
The M.Tech. final year students of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering organized the ‘Baselian Computing Workshop’ (BCW 2014) on the 13 and 14 June, 2014. BCW 2014 was a two-day programme for 50 high-school students chosen from 10 Schools in and around Trivandrum city. The workshop was inaugurated by His Excellency Most Rev Dr. Samuel Mar Irenios, Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of Trivandrum. The goal of the workshop was to encourage the computing skills, especially the logical thoughts of students of ninth standard with a view to channelize their creative and logical abilities to become better, more ethical and highly insightful professionals. The sessions were handled by the final year M. Tech students. BCW2014 provided a lively, supportive and interactive environment, where students stretched their talents, discovered new strengths, and challenged themselves in the company of peers.
As part of this session, the students were introduced to the basics of Operating System, Algorithm & Programming, and Networks& Network Security. There was no registration fee for the participation. Two laptops were awarded as Excellence Award for the outstanding performers in the workshop. The winners were Vimal Joseph from St. Mary’s HSS, Pattom and Amritha Nair M. S. from SNVHSS, Anad. A quiz competition was also conducted towards the end of the workshop and the winners were awarded mementos and medals. Vimal Joseph, St. Mary’s HSS, Pattom and Achu S. S., GHSS, Sreekaryam won the first prize in the quiz competition. The laptops, mementos and medals were distributed during the valedictory function presided over by Dr. Achuthsankar S. Nair, Hon. Director, Centre for Bioinformatics, University of Kerala. The workshop was jointly sponsored by The Information & Public Relations Department, Govt. of Kerala, Electronics Technology Park (Technopark) of India, Thiruvananthapuram and MBCET.
- SPARSHAM: In connection with “Do for Kerala”, Social Extension Programme of Department of Computer Science and Engineering ‘SPARSHAM’ took initiative to collect items for those who are affected by floods in KERALA on 17 August, 2018 and also involved in Rehabilitation Work done at Chenganuur.
- SPARSHAM: Social Extension Programme of Department of Computer Science and Engineering ‘SPARSHAM’ is conducted on 24th February 2018 in college campus. Students organized various recreation activities for a group of 7th, 8th and 9th standard students from Poonthura. Activities also include CPU Assembly and Augmentated Reality which brings a great curiosity in the young minds for knowing future technologies. SPARSHAM helps both students and faculty members to come out of the box and spend their time and effort to engage those students. More than 20 students participated in the programme.
- As part of Community Extension Programme in association with World Vision a team of faculties and students from the department visited “Poonthura” housing colony, September 2017 and conducted various events to motivate the students.. The visit was mainly indented to get a first- hand knowledge of the educational facilities available to children living there. The visits and discussions with the parents, social service volunteers and children were facilitated by the representatives of the N.G.O.: “World Vision”.
- As part of Extension Programme in association with World Vision a team of faculties from the department visited “Chengal choola” housing colony, near Secretariat and Plamood “Bund colony” near Pattom on 20th August 2016. The visit was mainly indented to get a first- hand knowledge of the educational facilities available to children living there. The visits and discussions with the parents, social service volunteers and children were facilitated by the representatives of the N.G.O.: “World Vision”. As an extension to this, a team of staff and students visited two communities- Chengal Choola and Poonthura on Feb 18, 2017 and conducted various events to motivate the students.
- As part of the Govt. of Kerala’s initiative to make Kerala the first state of India to be E-literate, 35 students from the Computer Science Dept. of MBCET went to Pallichal panchayath on a two day visit, from 14-Feb-2014 to 15-Feb-2014.
The aim was to the make the people, which included men and women of all ages (organized primarily by the Kudumbasree unit), including kids, familiar with the components of a computer system, its usage and the wide ranging applications of the internet, especially since most of the govt. schemes today reach the general public through the internet, the best example being the Aadhar project which is entirely based on the internet, with people’s bank accounts being linked to their Aadhar number to receive their subsidies. The students were divided into groups of two to six and sent to various study centers, mostly houses and in some cases anganvadis (primary level schools). Each student carried a laptop to illustrate the basics of computer systems. Additional desktop computers were also carried as part of our plan to accustom them with its usage and its difference with that of a standard laptop system. Since two days are not enough to teach the vast ocean of information related to computers, the plan is to organize several such events in the future to develop and inculcate the usage of computers in today’s ever growing world of computerization. The NSS (National Service Scheme) wing of our college played a major part in giving us such a wonderful opportunity to perform an invaluable duty to our society. The Pallichal panchayath supported the initiative to a great extent by not only arranging for vehicles to transport the students to the various centers but also with food and refreshments for the participants.
International Conference on Networks & Advances in Computational Technologies (NetACT17)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum organized an IEEE International Conference on Networks & Advances in Computational Technologies (NetACT17), during July 20-22, 2017, in association with Computer Society of India Trivandrum Chapter, IEEE Kerala Section, Bowie State University, USA, Gannon University, USA and Malardalen University, Sweden.
The Conference was inaugurated by Dr. K. Sivan, Director, VSSC. Dr. T. M George, Principal, MBCET, presided the inaugural ceremony. Dr. Vikraman Nair, Professor, Dept. of CSE, MBCET, delivered the welcome address. Dr. Vishnukumar S, Chairman, CSI Trivandrum Chapter introduced the overview of the conference. Mr. Satish Babu, Former National President, CSI, President, InaApp, Dr. Bijuna Kunju, Secretary IEEE Kerala Section, Dr. Darshana Joshyala, Professor, Bowie State University, USA, and Ms.Binuja Thomas, Senior Scientist, KSCSTE were spoken on the occasion. Ms. Tessy Mathew, Head, Dept. of CSE, MBCET delivered the vote of thanks.
Technical programmes were planned in parallel tracks namely ‘Distributed & Parallel Processing’, ‘Advanced Software Engineering’, ‘Computer Graphics and Image Processing’, ‘Network and Security’ and ‘Data Analytics’. In these tracks, papers of research categories were listed for presentation in Seventeen Sessions. Student projects and posters were exhibited to the delegates. All presented papers were submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore.
Keynote speeches were delivered by Dr. Sasikumar Punnekat, Professor, Malardalen University, Sweden, Dr. Darshana Joshyala, Professor, Bowie State University, USA, Dr. L. Jegannathan, Professor, VIT University, Chennai and Dr. John Jose, Professor, IIT Guwhati.
A Technical Symposium on the topic ‘Big Data & IoT: Are They Related?’ was also organized to introduce and familiarize the participants to the concepts of what the Internet of Things (IoT) means for the next generation, and how Big data will help them to manage and leverage this.
A panel discussion was conducted on the topic, ‘Advances in Computational Technologies and its Impact’ focusing on the areas covered in the deliberations of the Conference.
In order to encourage young researchers, the best paper presented were chosen and honoured.
IBS Software and Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology (MBCET) in partnership with IATA team up for the IBS Travel Hackathon 2018 Student Edition – the exclusive qualifier event for student teams from India to IATA NDC Hackathon in Kochi.
IBS Travel Hackathon 2018 Student Edition, was held on 27-28 Jan 2018 at MBCET campus in Thiruvananthapuram, aims to provide a platform for student engineers from chosen colleges/universities in India to show that they have what it takes to challenge the masters of the game. This 26 hour non-stop hackathon tested innovative thinking, design acumen and raw programming skills of students, as well as their mental endurance.
Three teams from the CSE department of our college have participated in the event. Around 17 teams from various colleges in India participated in the event. ARVIND S PANICKER, ARFAN A, ARUN SANKAR, AKHIL J P and AMAL VIJAYAN of S8CS1 got fourth position and chosen for the IATA NDC Hackathon in Kochi.
The Hash Hackathon 2019 was a 24+ hour event conducted in Bhub .It started on 24th April at 1:30PM and ended at 25th April at 7:30PM . The event constituted a tough competition between 13 teams of which 12 teams were internal ( from MBCET) and one external team that consisted of School-students from 10th and 12th grades. The teams were given 3 domains to innovate ideas from . They were : 1) Security and surveillance 2) Agriculture and rural development 3)Education . The hackathon saw the all culmination of the versatile engineering skills of all participants towards the development of amazing ideas using technology from iot, blockchain, AI , Drone system , Image processing and a lot more. The event was participated by 62 students with a total of 13 teams (each team consisting amaximum of 5 members). The Chief guest for the event was Dr. KG Satheesh Kumar, currently the director NISH. The valedictory session was attended by the Chief Guest , Bursar , HOD of CSE and faculty . The inaugural address was given by the Chief guest which was followed by a speech by the Bursar . Important topics including “What next after the hackathon” was discussed by Balamuvesh (Co ordinator ) which was followed by a hackathon-experience sharing by the judges and participants. Special achievement certificates were distributed by the Chief Guest,Bursar and the HOD of CSE, to the various event-winners in the college. The final results were announced leading to the close of the session with a vote of thanks delivered by Vighnesh Muraly(co-coordinator).
HASH 2018, is the first ever technical fest conducted by the department of CS. Hash was a pure mix of all technical events. The two-day event was planned to make the most possible,
As part of the fest, we conducted numerous online and offline technical events, workshops and talks for both college as well as school students which took place at our college premises with the sharpest minds in town presenting the most advanced technologies.
As part of HASH , for the first time a 22-hour #Hackathon was conducted by the college in association with Curvelogics at B’Hub.The theme of Hackathon for this year was “Healthcare and Social Welfare”. Apart from all the technical events HASH also included a ‘Stories Worth Sharing’ session which is a Pan India initiative spread across various cities over India.
Every event organized had a uniqueness of its own, be it the experience or the prizes. HASH 2018 was undoubtedly a unique blend of innovation and technical prowess.
The event tests the logical thinking and programming skills of the participating teams. The participants just have to decode the logic behind the given sets of inputs and outputs in the specified duration of time. Since the event requires coding, it is preferred that at least one member of the team is capable of coding in any language.
The event consists of two rounds: an onsite prelims and finals. Each program built will be tested based on our critical test data. All the problems will be graded and you will get a score for passing certain test cases. You will receive 10 points for solving a problem (passing all test cases).
Date / Time: March 11, 2018 1:30pm – 4:30pm
First prize (Rs 4,000) – Mathew George, AbhijithNandagopal (CET)
Second prize (Rs 2,000) – Aditya Nagesh, Bharat S (MBCET)
A three-level coding competition exclusively for the Women coders out there. A set of teams who clear the prelims will move on to the second round which will be a reverse coding round where they will have to figure out the logic behind the given input-output pairs. The final round will be a simple programming round with three levels of difficulty. The programming languages that can be used are C, C++, Java and Python.
Date / Time: 11/03/18 11:30-3:00
Aarya R Shankar – CET (First prizeRs 3500)
Dakshinaa Vinod – CET & Nayana B – CET (Second PrizeRs 1500)
- A mock interview session for final year students was conducted as part of placement activity. The session was coordinated by Ms. Kiran Baby and Ms. Shini Renjith.
- As an initiative of the placement and career guidance cell an expert talk on “options after BTECH “ was taken by Mr Pradeep from Performx Solutions who is an educationalist and was also a senior executive at UST GLOBAL.The pre final year students were given a vast idea on the different opportunities awaiting them after completion of their B.Tech.
A team of eminent faculty members comprising of Mr. Praveen G L, Mr. Shibu V S, Mr. Robin Joseph and Mr. Binu Jose conducted Gate Coaching Programme for final year students. Out of 15 registered students, 7 students qualified Gate 2018.
On February 9, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology in Nalanchira, saw it’s gates open to it’s first ever TEDx event. TEDxMBCET, an independently organized TED event, featuring 7 speakers from various walks of life. The theme for the day was ‘Observably Random’, a look into the fascinating world of chaos, randomness and the ever growing world of the trivial.
The inauguration of the event started at 10: 30 am with the ceremonial lamp being lit by Rev. Fr. Raju Parukoor, Asst. Bursar; Dr. T. M. George, Principal; Dr.Tessy Mathew, Head of Department and Devi VS, student coordinator and event licensee. The first talk of the day was by Arjun Hari, CEO of WudiDatatech Pvt Ltd. He shared some wise words with the attendees on the topic of career disillusionment and why it’s okay to not have a fixed career path in this modern age. Following up on Arjun, was the musician Akhil Vinay, whose life story resembles that of the great pianist, Ray Charles. Blinded at age of 9, Akhil Vinay passionately followed his love of music and still practices and teaches music today. Akhil’s talk was centred around his life and his experiences as he started going blind.
Next up on the roster was the ever fantastic Nikhil Prasad, founder and creative head of Karriku Fresh, Kerala’s first exclusively digital media platform. He talked about his struggles starting the enterprise and inspired attendees to dream big dreams and never let them die. The fourth speaker of the day was the ever energetic, Nilja K Baby, Radio Jockey at Radio Mirchi Kochi. A person who uses her voice everyday to provide for herself, it was no surprise that her talk also revolved around that. She delineates an experience from her life when she was forced to raise her voice for herself. She encouraged everyone in the audience to never lose your voice and to always stand your ground.
The next speaker was the programmer and freethinker, Alok Rajasukumaran. Alok’s talk was without a doubt the most unique of the day as he took the audience through a philosophical adventure through the cosmos, the universe and existentialism. After a short break, we resumed with the exuberant Ambika Bhardwaj, Traveller and Writer. Better known to her fans as Dastaan e Musafir, she detailed her experiences travelling from Kanyakumari to Kashmir and taught the audience how they can also do the same for almost free. Closing off the talks for the days was the amazing Job Kurian, playback singer and music composer. Job talked about his life and experiences in the music industry and the changes brought on by following his passion.
Unlike most other TEDx events, TEDxMBCET also had a star studded cast of talented performers. The first performance of the day was by a group of students from MBCET. Sraavan Krishnakumar and Achuyth Ramesh, violinists joined by Ryan Issac, pianist performed instrumental renditions of various pop songs as the audience sat thrilled and mesmerised. The next performer was the indie alternative rock band, Adholokam. They performed covers of popular malayalam songs and even some of their originals like ‘Pakshi’.
Job Kurian again makes an appearance on stage, but this time with a persona he has donned many times before. He performed many songs from his repertoire and each song ended with his audience asking for more.
TEDxMBCET started out as a small idea that grew into a possibility that flourished itself into a reality. A reality that was successful, inspiring, entertaining and motivating