Research & Consultancy
Research activities are carried out in the department in various fields like data mining, networks, software engineering, image processing and soft computing.
The department of Computer Science has conducted many seminars and workshops for students and faculties to promote research and there are many R&D activities and consultancy works undertaken by the department. There is a research lab in the department to facilitate and promote research activities.
There are three major research groups involved in the research activities namely
- Software Engineering
- Data Analytics and Image Processing
- Network Security
The faculties are members of the above groups based on their area of expertise. These groups conduct regular meetings to discuss and decide on the activities to be conducted.
Consultancy and Research Work
- A research project titled ” Electrical Source Localization of epileptic focus ” submitted by Ms.Elizabeth B Varghese and Mr.VishnuKumar S in collaboration with Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology has been approved.
- The project proposal entitled “Envision” Nibin Peter (CS), Akhil R (CS), Sathyajith (CS), Madhav M Nair (EC), Abhiram Anil (EC) by Mr. Raju K Gopalsubmitted underCenter of Disability Studies has been chosen for a financial assistance of Rs. 30000.
- The project proposal entitled “Akshay A, Anandhakrishnan R.S, Hrishikeshan S, Ivin Vargheseby Ms. Asha S submitted underCenter of Disability Studies has been chosen for a financial assistance of Rs. 20000.
- More project proposals are submitted by students to CeDS and KSCSTE. KSCSTE: Project proposal entitled ‘CCTV Image processing and Security System’ submitted under the INNOVATE scheme of TECHFEST 2016 has been provisionally chose foance of Rs.15,000/-.
Research Group Activities
Data Analytics Group Activities
- Report on National workshop on Advanced Deep Learning
The department of Computer Science and Engineering Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology Trivandrum has organized a three day national workshop on Advanced Deep Learning from May 20th to 22nd 2019. The sessions were handled by eminent members from Benett University. There were 35 participants from various institutions in India
- MBCET has joined hands with Bennett University as a lead zonal partner to inculcate skills for faculty and students in deep learning, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Dr.Tessy Mathew, Dr.Vishnukumar S, Dr.Jisha John, Ms.Aswathy Ravikumar and Mr. Binu Jose from the Data Analytics Group of CSE department has been nominated for doing project in these areas for Bennett University.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with ISTE organized a two day workshop on “Introduction to Machine learning and AI” for under graduate students on 30th and 31st July, 2018.
- Data Analytics Group from department of CSE in association with IEDC organized a two day Faculty Development Programme on “Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning” on 12th and 13th July 2018. The workshop was coordinated by Mr. Binu Jose and Ms.Aswathy Ravikumar.
- A one week workshop on “Machine Learning- Training the Trainers” organized by Additional Skill Acquisition Programme, Department of Higher Education, Governemnt of Kerala from 16th to 21st July 2018 at MBCET. The workshop was coordinated by Mr. Sandeep S R.
Network Security Research Group(NetSec) Activities
- An expert lecture on “Block Chain Technology” was organized by Network Security Research Group (NetSec) for S7 students on 13th August 2018. Mr. Jikku Jose, Co-Founder, Qucentics was the Speaker for the Expert Lecture.
- Network Security Research Group (NetSec) from department of CSE in association with IEDC, ACE(Association for Computer Engineers) organized a three day awareness programme on “Network and Information Security” from 9 to 11 July, 2018. The Programme was coordinated by Ms. DeviPriya V S.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering organized a one week Faculty Development Programme on “Recent & Emerging Trends in Networks and Security(RETINAS’18)” from 23 to 27, April 2018. The FDP was coordinated by Mr.Shon J Das and Ms. Merin Kuriakose.
Faculty Interaction with Other Institutions/ Organizations
- Dr.Jisha John delivered an expert lecture on “Medical Imaging” at College of Engineering, Perumon organized by Department of CS/IT on 25th February 2019
- Dr. Vishnukumar S delivered an expert lecture on “Advanced Computer Science” at Government Sanskrit College, Tripunithura, Eranakulam on 6th July 2018.
- Mr. Shibu V S has delivered expert lectures and conducted Workshop on the topic related to Network Programming Lab of KTU as part of the TEQIP sponsored faculty development programme titled on “Computer Network Challenges and Implementation” on 24th January 2018, organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, TKM, Kollam.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S was a resource person of the National Workshop on The Basics of Computers, organized by Government Sanskrit College, Tripunithura with the financial assistance from the Directorate of Collegiate Education from 23rd to 29th October 2017.
- Mr. Praveen G L delivered an expert lecture in a Faculty Development Program on “THEORY OF COMPUTATION” during 5th July and 7th July 2017 at Marian Engineering College, organized by Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Mr. Robin Joseph had given an expert lecture on “PYTHON PROGRAMMING” at Mar Ivanios College on March 25th and 30th, 2017.
Faculty interaction with outside world
With a focus on disseminating leading edge technology, “Openlabs.ai” – AI community of Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum has organized an awareness session on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for 11th and 12th school students of St. John’s HSS, Nalanchira on 23rd October 2018.
- Vivek Jude, Nayana A, Reshma Pillai and Dr. Jisha John published the paper titled “Personalized Educational Platform”, Fourth International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications (ISTA’18), Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series.
- Aswathy Ashok, Dr. Jisha John published the paper titled ” “Facial Expression Recognition System for Visually Impaired”, Springer International Conference on Intelligent Data Communication Technologies and Internet of Things (ICICI 2018).
- Ms. Jisha Jose published the paper titled “COLLEGE BUS TRACKER” in International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research , Volume 7, Issue 5, pp.309-316,ISSN: 2278 – 7798, May-2018.
- Ms.Shini Renjith published the paper titled “Detection of Fraudulent Sellers in Online Marketplaces Using Support Vector Machine Approach” in International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, on March 2018.
- Ms. Shini Renjith, Sreekumar A, Mr. Jathavedan M published the paper titled “Evaluation of Partitioning Clustering Algorithm for Processing Social Media Data in Tourism Domain”, IEEE Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational System (RAICS2018), MASCOT Hotel, Trivandrum, 6th to 8th December, 2018
- Tessy Mathew, L. Jeganathan and U. Srinivasa Rao;“A cellular automata model for safe investment based on expert’s recommendations”; International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Vol. 14, Issue 3-4, 2017
- Tessy Mathew, U. Srinivasa Rao and L. Jeganathan ; “Error Bounds for Darboux Integral of Continuous Functions with Supremum Norm Using Cellular Automaton”; International Journal of Control Theory and Application ( ISSN : 0974-5572), Vol. 9, 2017.
- Ms. Shini Renjith; “B2C E-Commerce Customer Churn Management: Churn Detection using Support Vector Machine and Personalized Retention using Hybrid Recommendations”; International Journal on Future Revolution in Computer Science & Communication Engineering (ISSN: 2454-4248), Vol. 3, Issue: 11, November 2017.
- Vishnukumar S and M. Wilscy. “Single image super-resolution based on compressive sensing and improved TV minimization sparse recovery.” Optics Communications, Elsevier June 2017 (SCI Impact Factor: 1.588).
- Vikraman Nair published a paper titled “Ontology for Launch Vehicle Mission Simulation”, JOURNAL OF AEROSPACE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, Vol. 14, No. 3, March 2017.
- Dhananjay J, Jayajith J.J, Meenu Chandran, Jisha Jose published a paper titled “OpenBot” in International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research, Volume 6,Issue 6,June 2017,pp.012-1015.ISSN: 2278 – 7798.
- Raju K Gopal published a paper titled “A Novel Data Storage Solution for Cloud”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, January 2017.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering providing quality education and research for the betterment of the society.
To impart sound knowledge in theoretical and applied foundations of Computer Science and Engineering, and to train the students to solve real life issues to effectively define and shape life.