News & Events
The Department of Computer Science Engineering at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology is offering a summer internship for the students of the college. The internship will be for 4 weeks under the initiative of AI club. The internship starts on 24th June 2019 and ends on 19th July 2019. During the 4 weeks internship, the students will be engaged on Machine Learning based or Deep Learning based project. In the first week, we will host a crash course to cover the basic concepts related to Machine Learning and Deep Learning. In the further weeks, the students will be engaged to work on an end-to-end Deep Learning project.
These are some of the broad areas on which you will pursue Deep Learning projects:
- Object Classification
- Natural Language Processing
- Video Processing
The internship covers the following topics
Basics of Python(Open CV), Basics of Machine Learning, Regression, Basics of Artificial Neural Network, Basics of Deep Neural Network, Reccurent Neural Network, Natural Language Processing, Autoencoders, Basics of Convolutional Neural Network, Transfer Learning, Basics of Video Processing
Skill(s) required: Proficiency in at least one coding language is necessary. Python is highly preferred, but not mandatory.
Who can apply: Interested students (S3, S5 and S7) of all branches. The amount for 4 weeks will be Rs. 3000.
Applicants are required to fill in and submit the application form on or before 12 June 2019.
Please follow the registration link : click here for registration
Contact Numbers : Jesna Mohan – 9497467715
Ramjith R P – 9746314160
Deep Learning percolates into the various facets of technology. The technology enables computers to capture concept level features hidden in the input data. The methods based on deep learning have a significant impact in the performance of algorithms used for speech recognition, image and video processing, text analysis and medical image processing. This workshop aims towards promoting research, assist to educators and designers in the field of deep learning. The workshop sessions and hands-on will enable participants to understand the basics of deep learning and the various deep learning architectures. The sessions will be handled by eminent members from Bennett University.
THE PROGRAMME WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING TOPICS IN DETAIL AND HANDS-ON ON:
- Hands On with Python
- Basics of Convolutional Neural Networks
- Deep Learning Techniques for Medical Image Processing
- Introduction to Recurrent Neural Networks
- Hands On with Tensorflow 2.0
- Hands On with PyTorch
- Unsupervised Deep Learning
- Deep Generative Models: Autoencoders, Variational Autoencoders, GANs
- Advanced Deep Learning Topics in CNN
- Advanced Deep Learning Topics in RNN
- Deep Learning Model Optimization
- Neural Architecture Search (NAS): AutoML, Auto Keras, Multi-objective Approaches
This workshop is open to the faculty members from AICTE/UGC approved academic institutions, Research Scholars, IT Professionals and PG students.
The registration fee for participants including GST has been given below
Research Scholar and PG students : 3000
Session Coverage – click here
Workshop Brochure – click here
Registration link – click here
Event Timing: May 20th – 22nd, 2019
Organized by: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Venue: Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Ms. Jesna Mohan (Assistant Professor) Department of CSE MBCET | Phone: 9497467715
Mr. Ramjith R P (Assistant Professor) Department of CSE MBCET | Phone: 9746314160
- Robin Joseph qualified both GATE 2018 and NET 2018.
- Dr. Jisha John was the session chair for “The Fourth International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications (ISTA’18)”, September 19-22, 2018, Bangalore
- Dr. Vishnukumar S was the Technical Program Committee Member of 2018 International Conference on Network Engineering and Information Security(NEIS2018),April 20th – 22nd, 2018, Wuhan, China Wuhan, China.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S has been nominated as the International scientific committee Member of 2018 International Symposium on Power Electronics and Control Engineering (ISPECE 2018) December 28-30,2018 in Xi’an, China.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S has been nominated as the Reviewer, 2018 International Conference on Sensor Networks and Signal Processing (SNSP 2018) October 28-31, 2018, Xi`an University of Science and Technology, China.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S has been nominated as the Reviewer of the following International Journals:
- Digital Signal Processing, Elsevier.
- Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Elsevier.
- Optics Communications, Elsevier.
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems
- Journal of Testing and Evaluation
- Dr. Vishnukumar S was the Award Jury Member, CSI-InApp National Student Project Awards 2018.
- Mr. Praveen G L qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) 2018.
- Ms. Jisha John has been awarded PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Kerala on her thesis entitled “Algorithmic Processing of Nanoscale and Microscale Images”.
- Ms. Tessy Mathew has been awarded the PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Vellore Institute of Technology on her thesis “A new combined Moving Average indicator for Stock trading using Dynamic Neighborhood Cellular Automata”.
- Mr. Vishnukumar S has been awarded the Ph D degree in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Kerala on his thesis “An Investigation into Image Super-Resolution Algorithms”.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S inaugurated the “National Workshop on the Basics of Computers” organized by Government Sanskrit College, Tripunithura with the financial assistance from the Directorate of Collegiate Education from 23rd to 29th October 2017.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S has been elected as the Chairman of Computer Society of India, Trivandrum Chapter.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S has been nominated as the Governing Body Member and Executive Committee Member of Kerala State IT Mission, Department of Information Technology, Government of Kerala.
- Dr. Vishnukumar S was the Award Jury Member of the 6th CSI-InApp National Student Project Awards 2017.
- Mr. Shibu V S got a Class A Merit certificate for completing all the assigned tasks in Task Based Training(TBT-2017), during January 10,2017-April 5,2017 conducted as a part of Teacher Training through the e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative(eLSI). He also got a completion certificate for completing the “Theme Valet Parking Robot” assigned in the TBT Challenge as a part of e-Yantra project.
- Mr. VishnuKumar S has been elected as the Vice Chairman of Computer Society of India,Trivandrum Chapter.
- MBCET won first prize in EDEN 2.0 National Hackathon. Team members include Rajat Jose of S4CS1,Vignesh Murali of S4 CS1 and Rahul of S6 CS2.
- Abhijeet C, Bharath T U and Gautham Rajesh of S4 CS1 were selected as the top 5 finalists from the 150 teams for eYantra Robotic competition eYRC’19.They secured second position in the final competition held at IIT Bombay on 27th February 2019.
- Rehsma, Devi, Ajay Mohan, Amal Dev, Sreyas M Nair of S8 CS2 and NivedPriyadarsan of S6 CS2 won Special Achievement award in Smart India Hackathon at IIT Kharagpur on 2nd and 3rd March 2019.
- Athul C K, Savio Rajan of S6 CS1 paprticipated in thingQbator program conducted by Cisco at Amrita University.
- Lekshmi A R won 1st prize in Idea Drafting competition held as part of World Women’s Day organized by ISTE MBCET Student’s Chapter.
- AiswaryaPadman G won 3rd prize in Idea Drafting competition held as part of World Women’s Day organized by ISTE MBCET Student’s Chapter.
- Athul C K and Amal Saju of S6 CS1 won 1st prize in CODE IT ’19 coding competition organized by Computer Society of India.
- Nikhil Kurian and Sujith Thomas of S8 CS1 won 2nd prize in CODE IT ’19 coding competition organized by Computer Society of India.
- Rahul Sunil of S2 CS1 attended a one day workshop on “Android Application Development” conducted by SANKET’19 at NIT, Calicut on 23rd February 2019.
- Amal Dev of S8 CS2 won 1st prize in Drishti coding competition at CET campus on 25th January 2019.
- Reshma and Devi of S7 CS2 won Startup Yatra – Hero of the Bootcamp award on 26th and 27th November 2018
- Abhishek S R, Amal Dev, Varsha Ann Abraham and Anju S S of S7CS2 won 1st prize in Hackathon conducted by Google Development Group in association with SCT College of Engg. in cutaway.
- Anju S S of S7CS2 is chosen as the Infosys Campus Ambassador. She also got the chance to give a talk at tedx platform.
- Nadeem Sajjad and Joan of S5CS2 won 1st prize in “Ragam”-NIT Calicut, Bartonhill, College of Engineering, Pathanamthitta.
- Nadeem Sajjad and Joan of S5CS2 won 2nd prize in “Dhwani”-CET, Ivanofest, YagnaDhruva.
- Nived Priyadarshan of S5CS2 was the Distrcit Level and South Zone winner and State Level Runner Up of the event “ Mobile Robotics” in India Skills Kerala-2018.
- Nived Priyadarshan of S5CS2 won third place in National Level World Skills India-2018.
- Vaishak Ramachandran of S5CS2 won first prize in “DCODZ”-CET and third prize in “Web Wizard”-SCT and first prize in coding fest held at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology.
- Neeraj Nair of S3CS1 won 1st prize in SCT Reventon.
- Bharath T U of S3CS1won 3rd prize in SCT Roborace.
- Neeraj Nair of S3CS1won 1st place for KTU Netball Championship.
- Roshini susan Regi of S3CS1 won 4th place in KTU Basketball Tournament. She is into KTU netball team National level.
- Joel Mathew of S3CS1 won 1st prize in Basketball tournament held at Mohandas College of Engineering, 3rd prize in Basketball tournament held at MBCET and 1st prize Basketball tournament held at Saintgits College.
- ARVIND S PANICKER, ARFAN A, ARUN SANKAR, AKHIL J P and AMAL VIJAYAN of S8CS1 got fourth position and chosen for the IATA NDC Hackathon in Kochi.
- Vishnu and Mahesh Markose of S8CS2 secured second position in debugging event on Drishti 2018 held at College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- Achu Vinod Thomas, Adeline Anne Mathew, Aleena Rachel Varghese, Greshma Liz George,Gincy George and Golda Mary Varghese (S8CS1) won second prize in Kerala University Netball Tournament held at MBCET.
- Alan Davis Babu and Ashish A John won first prize in All India Netball Tournament held at MBCET.
- Alan Davis Babu, Ashish A John and Athul Krishnan won second prize in Kerala University Basketball Tournament held at MBCET.
- Alan Davis Babu, Abhishek Krishnan, Ashish A John and Mahesh Markose won second prize in Kerala University Netball Tournament held at MBCET.
- Alan Davis Babu and Greshma Santhosh got chosen to the National netball team.
- Atheena J P, Divya B M,Anu V P,Archana S G and Ashna Anne Philip won second prize in Kerala University Inter collegiate chess tournament on December 2017.
- Amith Hari, Neeraj Nair, Githin Thomas George,Aparna K, Mekha Nair C.A , Roshni Susan Regi participated and got prizes in APJ AKTU All Kerala Inter-Zone Netball Men and Women Championship, February 2018.
- Arun Krishna, Anita Acha George, Toney Dias, Asheena Varghese received “Special Jury Award” in the 6th CSI InAPP National Student Project Awards 2017 for the project titled ”GOLDEN AID-An Emergency Ambulance System” under the guidance of Ms. Divya R S.
- Nibin peter, akhil A, Akhil R and Satyajith S L has secured “Best Project Award” for the project titled “Secure IOT protocol” in the B-Tech Project Exhibition at MBCET,TECXPO’17 under the guidance of Ms.Gayathri K S.
- Greshma Liz George (S7CS1) won first prize in Kerala University Netball Tournament held at MBCET.
- Amal Vijayan(S7CS1) and team won first prize in Kolkali for Kerala University Kalolsavam-2017.
- Merlin (S5CS2) participated in Kerala University Basketball Tournament held at MBCET.
- Aryaputhran G S of S5CS2 participated in a two days workshop on “Vision Robotics” organized by ROBOTech Labs.
- Aryaputhran, Vaishak, Sreejishnu, Aswathi and Anju of S5CS2 participated in workshop on “Touch and Augmented Reality”at NIT.
- Vishak, Sreyas, Kavya and Sreejishnu of S5CS2 participated in workshop on “Full Stack Development”.
- Anagha (S5CS2) participated in workshop on “Internet of Things” on Trivandrum Hub Meet.
- Abhijith S(S8CS2), Niraj Nirmal(S8CS1), Alisha Baji(S8CS2), Anjana Ann George(S8CS1) and Sneha Kurian(S8CS2) got placed in MICROSOFT with a salary estimate of around 10 lakhs per annum.The students were honored by the department for their outstanding achievement on a function held on 10/11/2016.
- Thomas S Thelly, A.Blesswin Samuel, Kenny John Jacob, Francis Johny and Ashish Mammen Georgi of S8CS won the 5th National Level CSI-InApp Award for the best student project with a cash prize of Rs.50000 for developing the software application ” Data Harvestor-Healthcare Research Trend Finder” under the guidance of Mr.Biju B Varghese, instituted by Computer Society of India (CSI) Trivandrum Chapter in association with InApp.
- Thomas S Thelly got placed in UBER with a salary estimate of around 15 lakhs per annum.
- KiranMohan(S8CS2), AkhilRamesh(S8CS1),MrinalKrishnan(S8CS1) and Niraj Nirmal(S8CS1) developed a well- researched technology solution in support of a noble cause in Healthcare, and received a Special Award of Rs. 40,000 for their noble solution in “HackD- Code For A Cause” organized by Envestnet India.
- George T Kurian (S6CS1) and Bony Cherian(S6CS1) became the semifinalists in the “108 Emergency Services Hackathon” conducted by IIT Madras on December 2016.
- Francis Johny of S8CS won “TOP 25″ with a Cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh and the Title of “IT Genius of India” in the IT Olympiad ”A Multilayer Examination and Mega Quiz Contest By Computer Society of India and Rotary Club of Pune Pride on a National Level from 11th February to 27th February, 2016.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering providing quality education and research for the betterment of the society.
To impart sound knowledge in theoretical and applied foundations of Computer Science and Engineering, and to train the students to solve real life issues to effectively define and shape life.