|Event||Award||Level (College/University/State/National)||Name of the student(s)|
|First Place in Dance competition Nrithya 23 as part of cultural fest Tharang 2023 held at Jyothi Engineering College Cheruthuruthy||First prize||State||Karthik R
|Participated in the District Volleyball Championshipand has been selected to State level tournament representing Trivandrum District.||Selected to State level tournament representing Trivandrum District||State||Vineeth Roshan|
|Won 1st prize (Rs 30,000/-) for intercollegiate band competition||1st prize and Cash award of Rs 30,000||State||Ganesh GS|
|Honorary mention for PG thesis||ASCE Award||ASCE India Section Southern Region||Sonima A|
|Outstanding UG thesis||ASCE Award||ASCE India Section Southern Region||Anakha S
AnanthaKrishnan U S
|BPL Football Tournament||Second prize||University||Nirmal Sabu Issac|
|KTU A zone cricket Tournament||Third prize||University||Sai Krishnan|
|Javelin Throw||Second prize||University||Manu Jose Abraham|
|Inter college Dance||First Prize||University||Sania B P|
|BPL Cricket (Big Bash) Tournament||Second prize||University||Mohammed Roshan N|
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR INNOVATIVE STUDENT PROJECT BY APJKTU
The following student projects were funded by KTU for the academic year 2022-23
- Project by students of S8 CE (Aswin Asok, N Thanzeer, Arun Raj A, Nirmal Sabu Isaac ) “Development of Cement Treated Subbase (CTSB) Mix having Partial Replacement of Coarse Aggregates with Construction Demolition Waste for Optimum permeability and strength” Guided by Dr. Neethu Roy.
- Project by students of S8 CE (Arpitha R Nair, Asmidh N S, Ganga Gopan, Govind S P ) “Mitigation measures using Soil bioengineering in rainfall induced landslide prone areas” Guided by Dr. Jisha S V.
- Project by students of S8 CE (Devika Jose, Feba Ann Varughese, Navajith Sasi, Pallavi Premjith) “Wastewater treatment combined with CO2 biofixation and biofuel production using indigenous microalgae” guided by Dr Jaya S V.
Drishti 2K22 Tech Conclaveat
As part of Transportation and Development with K-Rail, a competition was conducted by K-Rail on Drishti 2K22 Tech Conclaveat at CET. From 30 entries 7 entries were shortlisted for the idea pitching/presentation round. Our team consists of Bharath B L, Rahul S, Roshni S Nair, and A P Prasanthi of S6 CE2 secured the first prize in the competition. They were guided by Dr. M Satyakumar (Professor, CED). Special acknowledgment to Mr. Sijo M Saji (Assistant Professor, CED) and Dr. Praveen P S (Assistant Professor, CED)
Ms.Vishnupriya Nair of 2018-2022 B.Tech civil Engineering Batch commissioned as Lieutenant in Indian Army (Short Service Commission Women Technical Entry Civil Engineering).
|Name of the student||Awards/Recognition|
(2018-2022 B.Tech Batch)
|Got Selected for Short Service Commission Women Technical Entry(Civil Engineering) in Indian Army|
AnanthaKrishnanan U S
Ashik S H
(2018-2022 B.Tech Batch)
|ASCE India Section Southern Region for Outstanding UG thesis|
(2020-2022 M.Tech Batch)
|ASCE India Section Southern Region Honorary mention for best PG thesis|
- Paper publication
- Paper titled “Numerical Analysis of Fibre Reinforced White Topping Pavement Under Wheel Loading” authored by Dr. Jisha S V, Dr. M. Satyakumar and Remya Valsalan (M. Tech 2017-2019) published a full paper in the springer sponsored 6th Conference of the Transportation Research Group of India (CTRG-2021) organized by National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, during 14 – 17 December, 2021.
- M Satyakumar (Professor, Department of Civil Engineering) and Ms. Aleena Seban (M.Tech 2017-2019), paper titled “Numerical Slosh Studies of Multiple Ring Baffles in a Semi-Cryogenic Fuel Tank” got published in ‘Advances in Structural Integrity’, pp. 321-328, 2022.
- PhD Admission
Gayathri D.S., M. Tech Structural Engineering (M. Tech 2017-2019) guided by Ms. Parvathy U., Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, got PhD admission in Kerala Technological University at College of Engineering Trivandrum under AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2020-2021 Scheme.
- Mr. Thouzeef Hussain A (M. Tech 2017-2019 batch) CE department guided by Dr. Jayasree S received an award for outstanding thesis in the field of concrete – masters for the topic “flexural behaviour of prestressed fiber reinforced lightweight concrete beams”, at concrete day celebrations and ICI- UltraTech awards 2020, organized by Indian concrete institute and UltraTech cement Ltd.
- Er. Santhi Sara George MBCET alumni from CE department received outstanding young concrete engineer award from Indian concrete institute and Ultratech Cement Ltd. on concrete day celebration and ICI- UltraTech awards 2020.
- Mr. Jyothis S, Alumni CE Department (2005 -2009 Batch) was awarded as the Best Engineer of the year by Institute of Engineers (India) Kerala state center on the occasion of the 54th Engineers Day
To be a Centre of Excellence in Civil Engineering education with a global perspective, creating ethically strong engineers for the service of society.
To provide Engineering Education which can create exemplary professional Civil Engineers of high ethics with strong conceptual foundation coupled with practical insight, to serve the industry and community.