|Date of joining||15-04-2021|
|Total experience in MBCET(No. of years)|
|Details of work experience(Industry/Others)||Teaching Experience
Worked as Assistant Professor in Rajadhani Institute of Engineering and Technology from June 4, 2012 to April 30, 2015.
Pursuing research in University of Kerala from August 24, 2015. (still continuing)
|Qualification||M.Tech , PhD (Pursuing)|
|Details of Faculty as resource person-If any
|1. Resource person for the Capacity Building Program on e-Governance for the officers from Government Secretariat, Kerala organized by the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) from August 14 – 29, 2019.
2. Resource person for the Faculty Development Programme on Internet of things (IoT) and Cloud Architecture organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Marian Engineering College, Trivandrum from July 20 – 24, 2018.
3. Delivered an expert talk on the topic “Cyber Network Security” in the Frontiers of IT Seminar organized by Department of Computer Science, Mar Ivanios College on February 17, 2017 at Mar Ivanios College, Nalanchira, Trivandrum.
4. Resource person for the one-week short course on Secure IT User Training organized by the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) from December 5 – 9, 2016.
|Achievements of faculty(if any)||1. Recipient of the AWSAR Award 2019 organized by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for the top 100 research stories under PhD category at the National level.
2. Qualified the district level competition for innovative idea presentation conducted as part of Young Innovators Challenge 2019-22 organized by the Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC).
3. Recipient of the Kerala State Council for Science Technology, and Environment (KSCSTE) research fellowship for the year 2015.
4. Secured 3rd Rank for M.Tech in Software Engineering from Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
|Workshops, conferences,seminars, organised by the faculty(Not attended)||Co-organized a three day Workshop on Women in Cybersecurity Research WCR’18 on May 25-26, 2018 at IIITM-K, Technopark, Trivandrum in association with ACM Trivandrum Professional Chapter, and IEEE Communication Society Kerala Chapter.|
|Area of interest of faculty||Cyber Security, Misinformation Detection in Social Networks, Nature-Inspired Computing, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive psychology and Software Engineering.|
|Professional body Membership||Professional Member of ACM.|
1. V.Indu and Sabu M Thampi, “A nature – inspired approach based on Forest Fire model for modelling rumor propagation in social networks”, Elsevier – Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 125 (2019) 28-41. (DOI = https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2018.10.003. (SCI Impact Factor- 5.570))
2. Indu V, Thampi SM. A psychologically-inspired fuzzy-based approach for user personality prediction in rumor propagation across social networks. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems. 2021(Preprint):1-5. (SCI Impact Factor- 1.851)
3. Indu V, Thampi SM. “A Systematic Review on the Influence of User Personality in Rumor and Misinformation Propagation Through Social Networks”. In International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems 2020 Oct 14 (pp. 216-242). Springer, Singapore.
4. Sreeshma Mohan, Indu V, Thampi SM. “Think Before You Post”: A Cognitive Psychological Approach for Limiting Bullying in Social Media. In International Conference on Smart City and Informatization 2019 Nov 12 (pp. 418-434). Springer, Singapore. (DOI = https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1301-5 33)
Invited Book Chapter
5. Indu V and Sabu M Thampi. “Nature-inspired approaches for social network security”. Nature-Inspired Cyber Security and Resiliency: Fundamentals, Techniques and Applications. 2019 May 27:277. (ISBN-10: 1-78561-638-2)