Workshops & Seminars
Workshops and seminars organised in the Department
Short Term Training Program on OPTIMISATION TECHNIQUES FOR ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS
ISTE sponsored STTP on OPTIMISATION was organised by Mechanical Department of MBCET, Nalanchira, Trivandrum, Kerala during 17-21 July 2017. The guest of honour was Dr Saji Gopinath, CEO Kerala Start UP MISSION. . Dr Muraleedharan Nair K., HOD Mechanical Engg Dept, MBCET welcomed the gathering and Ms Nidhi. M. B., APME & NC ISTE and co-ordinator of STTP spoke on ISTE and about the STTP. Dr Sridharan, Professor, NIT Calicut was the resource person for Overview of optimisation covering the need and application. Fr Raju Parakoor, Assistant Bursar of MBCET gave away the memento to Dr Saji Gopinath. Prof K M Raju, Dean (Administration) felicitated the team and Ms Ruby Maria Syriac, APME & Co-ordinator of the STTP delivered the vote of thanks. There were 27 participants from various engineering colleges from various disciplines.
COMPETENCE ENHANCEMENT TRAINING FOR TECHNICAL STAFF
The department had organized a training program called ‘Competence Enhancement Training for technical staff’ on July 12-14th. The event was coordinated by Mr. Raveesh G and Mr. Vinod V. and has got participants from parent institution and other nearby institutions.
The training program has enlightened the participants with awareness about need for competency in today’s global scenario, enhancement in computer usage skills, cast iron recycling and CNC operations.
Short Term Training Program on “RECENT ADVANCES IN MECHANICS”
The Department has conducted a Short Term Training Program on RECENT ADVANCES IN MECHANICS sponsored by ISTE[Kerala Section] from 8th June 2015 to 12th June 2015. The program was inaugurated by Dr. B. Anil, former chairman, ISTE [Kerala Section]. The focused areas were Non Linear Vibrations, Perturbation Techniques, Mechanics of Biological Composites, Design of Composite Structures, Analysis of Complex Mechanical Systems. Sessions were handled by resource persons namely, Dr Anup S (IIST), Mr Bibin Balram (Amritha School of Engineering), Dr Ramesh Kumar (Rtd. ISRO), Ajith K Mani (Research Scholar, NIT-C). The coordinator of the event was Mr. Anoop MR
Short Term Training Programme on “Fundamentals of Hydraulic Machines & Heat Engines Lab”
The Department has conducted a Short Term Training Programme on “Fundamentals of Hydraulic Machines & Heat Engines Lab” from 2nd June to 6th June 2015. The course was handled by retd. Professors of College of Engineering Trivandrum and faculty members from the Department. The focused areas were Flow measuring devices, Hydraulic machines, Internal combustion Engines and Basics of Microsoft Word& Excel. Lab sessions was conducted were participants were given chance to have hands on experience on various machines and software lab. The coordinators of the event were Mr. S Jagajith and Mr. Deepak B.
One day workshop on “Intellectual Property rights and Patenting procedure”
A one day workshop on Intellectual property rights and patenting procedure was conducted on 9th January 2015 at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Nalanchira. The workshop was jointly organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering, Trivandrum & PIC-Kerala/ KSCSTE.
The session was inaugurated at 10 am. Welcome speech was delivered by Nidhi MB, AHOD, Dept. of Mechanical Engg, MBCET. Presidential address was given by Dr. T M George, principal MBCET. Dr. D A Damodaran former director of National Institute of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology was the chief guest of the day. During his inaugural address he talked about the evolution of IPR law in India, Importance of Indian IPR laws and its international acceptance.
Shri V P Balagangadharan, Former Dr. Bhramaprakash scientist VSSC gave the keynote address. The first session was handled by Shri V P Balagangadharan in which he talked about the different patent possibilities. Next two sessions were handled by Shri Afsar S, Patent Attorney and partner, Krishna and Saurastri associates Bangalore in which he talked about Patentability criteria and patent searching procedures. Concluding session was handled by Shri Safikh S, Tehnical officer (IPR), KSCSTE, Trivandrum in which he talked about the support provided by PIC- Kerala for IPR protection. The coordinator of the event was Mr. Deepak B.
National Conference on Futuristic Technologies In Mechanical Engineering (NCFT14)
Department of Mechanical Engineering of Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology has organized its first ever national conference titled Futuristic Technologies In Mechanical Engineering on 22 and 23 August 2014. The conference was well attended by eminent academicians, faculty members and students from reputed technical and educational institutions from different parts of the country and representatives of governmental bodies and industry.
In eleven technical sessions under five different tracks titled Machine Design, Computer Aided Design, Thermal Science, Production Engineering and Metallurgy and Material Science held over the two days, 48 papers were presented at the conference. The conference was inaugurated by the Chief Guest at the inaugural function, Dr.K.Sivan, Director, LPSC on 22nd morning. In his inaugural address, he lauded the importance of technologies and the inceptions an engineer should have in the development of every country.
Dr. T.M.George, Principal and Chairman NCFT14 , released the Conference Proceedings on the occasion. and shared his views on Futuristic Technologies In Mechanical Engineering briefly. Dr.Y.V.K.S.Rao, Organising Secretary NCFT14, presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. Prof. K.M.Raju, Prof.K.Gisuthan and Dr.C.P.Ragunadhan Nair have shared their ideas about the topic. Rev.Fr.Wilson Thattaruthundil has handed over the momento to the chief guest and the keynote speaker Dr.K.Sivan.
Workshops, Seminars and Conferences attended by Faculty
- Mr. Deepak B., Mr. Roshan George Koshy, Mr Vinod V., Mr. Jagajith S., Mr Raveesh G. has participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Essential Mathematics for Engineering” conducted by APJ Abdul Kalam KTU in association with ICT Academy of Kerala from 29/11/2016 to 3/12/2016 at KTU, CET Campus, Trivandrum.
- Mr. Deepak B., Mr. Vishnu Prasad, Mr. Jagajith S. Has attended a Short term Course on “Recent trends in utilization of Renewable and Sustainable Energy in Engineering Applications” organised by the Dept of Mechanical Engineering, TKM Kollam under QIP, AICTE.
- Mr. Bobin Saji George, Four Week FDP on “Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning” Conducted by AICTE and IIT Bombay.
- Mr. Remil George Thomas, Hari Venkit, Anoop M R, Bobin Saji George, “Workshop on Recent Advances in Tribology and Surface Engineering”, organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam and Sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE), from 19th to 21st Dec 2016.
- Mr. Anoop M. R. Mr. Deepak B., Mr. Jagajith S., has attended a TEQIP-II sponsored FDP on “Industrial Tribology and its recent Advances in Engineering” from Oct 21-23,2016 organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering held at NIT Calicut
- Mr.Ayswer, Ms.Nidhi, M. B.,Short Term Training Programme on “Modern trends in E-waste management” – GEC Barton Hill in July 2016.
- Mr.Raveesh G, Mr. Premchand V.P, discussion meet on National IPR Policy and the National Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights and its Enforcement’ jointly organised by KSCSTE and TIFAC, held at Kanakakkunnu Palace, Trivandrum on 14th and 15th July 2016.
- Mr. Premchand V.P, Ms. Ruby Mariam Syriac, Mr. Jagajith S. Mr. Sujith S., Mr. Ranjith H., attended a Faculty Development Programme on “Experimental Stress Analysis” from 12-16 July 2016 at GEC Barton Hill, Trivandrum.Mr. Premchand VP, and Mr. Anoop MR attended STTP on “Advanced Tool boxes in Matlab for optimization” 25-27 November 2015 organized by department of Civil engineering, College of Engineering Trivandrum.
- Mr. Deepak B, Mr. jagajithS,Mr. Roshan George Koshy and Mr. Vishnu Prasad KR has attended one week AICTE Sponsored STTP on “Combustion Theory and Computational Techniques”,16-21st November 2015 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering TKM College of Engineering , Kollam.
- Mr. Anoop MR and Mr. Ayswer AS attended STTP on “ Introduction to Matlab” 18-24th November 2015 organized by department of Civil Engineering , Mar Baselios college of Engineering and Technology.
- Mr. Pradeep M, Mr. Deepak B, Mr. Jagajith S, Mr. Anoop MR, Mr. Rajesh TN, Mr. Ayswer AS, Mr. HariVenkit, Mr. K Gsuthan, Mr. KM Raju, Mr. KS Vemkatesh, Mr. Kedar Mohan, Ms Nidhi MB, Ms Ruby MS, Mr. Remil GT, Mr. Unnikrishnan G, Mr Vinod V and Mr. Vishnu Prasad KR has attended One week ISTE sponsored STTP on “Recent Advances in Mechanics” from 8 to 12 June 2015 conducted by department of Mechanical Engineering Mar Baselios college of Engineering and Technology.
- Mr. Arvind P and Mr. Vishnu Prasad KR has attended two weeks Sttp on “Pedagogy For Effective Use Of Ict In Engineering Education” organized by IIT Bombay from 5-31st January 2015.
- Mr. Sujith S has attended an STTP on “Design Realization And Testing Of Advanced Composites And Sandwich Structures” 27-29 Nov 2014 organized by department of mechanical Engineering SCT College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- Ms. Nidhi M. B. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering presented technical papers on
- An empathy based framework for ISR
- The role of Entrepreneurship on engineering education, at IEDC (Indian engineering dean’s council) Global summit 2015 which was held in Chennai for the first time in India. It had representations from 18 countries by leading Industrialists, academicians, change agents and visionary administrators. The main aim of the summit was to encourage engineering education research across the globe.
- Mr. V. Vinod Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering along with BipinBalaram, M. D. Narayanan, MihirSen, “Effect of oscillator and initial condition differences in the dynamics of a ring of dissipative coupled van der Pol oscillator”, SpringerLink, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, May 2015, Volume 29, Issue 5, pp 1931-1939
- Ms. Nidhi M. B. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering attended one day Workshop on ‘Global Outlook for Engineering Curriculum Development’ at College of Engineering Trivandrum on 6th July, 2015 organized by KTU.
- Mr. Roshan George Koshy, Ms.Ruby Maria Syriac Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering attended a 5 day STTP on “Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS” at RIT, Kottayam during June 22-26, 2015.
- Ms. Nidhi M. B. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering attended a 3 day workshop on “Introduction to Sustainable Engineering” during 18-20 of June 2015, at CET organised by KTU.
- Mr. Rahul, R. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Kitey, R., presented a paper on Viscoelastic Behaviour of Resin/Hardener Ratio Based Epoxy Variants.”, at 18th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures, VNIT, Nagpur.
- Mr. Raveesh G. Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering presented a paper titled “Simulation of Single phase fluid flow using nanofluids in micro channel” Proceedings of National Conference on ‘Latest Trends in Mechanical Engineering NCLTME-2014 in Association with ISTE at N.S.S. College of Engineering, Palakkad, Kerala.
- Mr. Deepak B. S., Hari Venkit. Vinod V. Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering presented a paper titled “A Case Study on Synchronization in Coupled Nonlinear Frequency Detuned Systems”, NCFT, MBCET.
- Mr. Ranjith H., Remil George Thomas, Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering presented a paper titled “Deformation Control of Work piece Fixture system by Optimization of Clamping Forces and Locator configuration”, NCFT, MBCET.
- Mr. Jibin Jacob, Pradeep M, Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering presented a paper titled “Kinematic Analysis of Universal Joint and Proposition for Compliant Universal Joint”, NCFT, MBCET.
- Mr. Roshan George Koshy Assistant Professors, Department of Mechanical Engineering attended 5 day STTP on “Introduction to Microfluidics and Nanofluidics” at CET on February 2015.
The ‘Product Lifecycle Management Centre’ was inaugurated by Mr. Adithya Vidhyarthi, Head of Research & Education, Dassault Systems(India) on February 15, 2010. On the same day, Dassault System established an academic partnership with our College.
A seminar on ‘Energy Conservation and Management’ was conducted by Mr. A.M. Narayanan, Head- Energy Efficiency Division, Energy Management Center, Trivandrum.
A seminar on ‘Advancing Frontiers of Technology’ was conducted by Managing Director, “RUTRONICS”, Govt of Kerala.
Seminar/Conferences attended by Faculty
1) Abhisek. N, Nidhi M B, and V Madhusudanan Pillai, (2012), Carbon Assessment model for Supply chain network, Book of Abstracts and proceedings International Conference on Green Technologies, (ICGT’12), pp 88-89. 18-20th Dec, In association with IEEE and jointly organized by Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, India and University of Dayton ,USA.
2) Nidhi M B and B Anil, A Cost Optimization Strategy for a Single Warehouse Multi- Distributor Vehicle Routing System in Stochastic, IJLSM -2011 , Vol.10, No.1, pp-110-121.
3) Nidhi M B and V.Madhusudanan Pillai, (2011) Development of Green Supply Chain Transformation Matrix from Environment Management System, pp. 68 – 73, Proceedings of the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Industrial Engineering and Management (ETRIM2011), July 11-12, 2011, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Calicut, Kerala, India.
4) Nidhi M B and B Anil, 2011, Trash to Treasure : Experiences with Post-consumer PET Bottles, 23rd Kerala Science Congress, Book of Abstracts-pp 125.
5) B Anil, Nidhi M B, A Simulation based study on the influence of Goodwill Factor in Supply Chain Management, Dec 1-3, 2009, International conference on Modeling an simulation organized by CET and AMSE, pp-279-282.
6) B Anil , Nidhi M B, 2009, LPG Distribution Planning Using Simulation And Ant Colony Optimisation, March 2009, National Conference on Soft Computing by IRTT, pp 60-66.
1) Nidhi M B and B Anil, 2011, Green Supply Chain Management : A conceptual framework, NATCON , CET Jan 2011.
2) Joe L Bovas, Nidhi M B, Aravind James, Akshay Kannan (2010), Coconut Oil Biodiesel: Possibilities as a Green Fuel for Ecological Hot Spot Areas in Kerala
3) Nidhi.M.B., Green Supply chain and Logistics Management: A Review, March 2009, National Conference on Advanced Processing Technologies, SCTCE.
4) Nidhi.M.B and B. Anil; (2008), Fleet size Optimisation for Single Depot Multi-Distributor system, 8th National Conference on Technological Trends, November 20-23, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
5) B.Anil and Nidhi.M.B; (2008), A simulation model using rule based logistics: case study at an LPG distribution plant, Presented in the International conference on Digital Factory, August 11-13, Coimbatore.
6) Brahmanandan Anil and Nidhi.M.B; (2008), Management in Logistics Networks and Nodes, Concepts, Technology and Applications, Erich Schmidt Verlag.
7) Nidhi.M.B; (2007), Simulation Model for Distribution System Planning at LPG plant, Presented in Silver Jubilee National Seminar, Trivandrum chapter of Indian Institution of Industrial-Engineering, December 2, Kerala.
Resource person for Invited Lectures:
1) Ant colony optimization in STTP on Nature Inspired algorithms for Engineering Computations, College of Engineering 2009
2) Particle Swarm optimization in STTP ON SOFT COMPUTING: TECHNIQUES & ALGORITHMS ,Thrissur Government College , 2009
3) SWARM INTELLIGENCE for STTP at Center for Bioinformatics, Karyavattom, 2010
4) Particle swarm Intelligence at GECW, 10th Nov 2011
5) DEA and PSO at National Seminar on Soft Computing Techniques in Computational Biology, 15th Oct 2011, at SIUCEB
6) M learning as an innovative Teaching Aid, 19th April 2012, Two day workshop on INNOVATION at GECW innovation center & Coventry University, UK , Organized in association with CERD.
7) Pedagogy and Tools, 18th August 2012, one day FDP on Innovative teaching in Technical Education, Caarmel Engineering College – ISTE- Faculty chapter, Pathanamthitta.
8) M Learning and M Governance, 6th Feb 2013, one week training program on “Office automation and Computer Applications” at College of Engineering Trivandrum.
Roshan George Koshy
1. Presented a paper titled “Implementation of Energy Efficient Polymers in Gas-Liquid Heat Exchangers” in the Second International Conference on ‘Materials for the Future’ held at Government Engineering College, Thrissur in February 2011.
2. Participated in the two weeks ISTE workshop on “Engineering Thermodynamics” conducted by IIT Bombay under the National mission on Education through ICT (MHRD) held at Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum.
3. Participated in the two days Industrial workshop on “Automotive Engineering and Latest Technologies” conducted by Paramek Technologies at Government Engineering College, Thrissur.
4. Participated in the one day National workshop on “Solar Photovoltaic & Solar Thermal Systems” at Government Engineering College, Thrissur.
5. Participated in the two days ISTE workshop on “Aakash for Education” conducted by IIT Bombay under the National mission on Education through ICT (MHRD) held at Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum.
6. Participated in the one day workshop on “Automotive Awareness” conducted by Kuttukaran Institute of HRD, training division of Popular Automobiles at Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
Anoop M R
1. Presented a paper “Optimal Synthesis of Hybrid Cam” at International Conference on Materials, Mechanics and Management (IMMM 2010) 2010, College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
2. Presented a paper “Optimal Synthesis of Spatial mechanisms” at National Conference on Technological Trends 2009 (NCTT 2009), College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
3. Participated in International Conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering (COPEN) 2007, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala.
4. Participated in ISTE workshop on Aakash for Education conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
5. Participated in ISTE workshop on Engineering Thermodynamics conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
6. Participated in Workshop for state level Engineers conducted by CCDU and organised by NSS Technical Cell, MBCET, and Trivandrum.
7. Participated in Workshop on Advances in CFD Applications organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
8. Participated in FDP on Advances in Manufacturing Engineering conducted by NIT Calicut
1. Presented a technical paper in the National Conference on Technological Trends, 2010 conducted at College of Engineering, Trivandrum (Nov 2010) Paper title: Job shop scheduling in RPP,VSSC.
2. Participated in Workshop on Advances in CFD applications organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
3. Participated in Workshop on Research Methodology organised by CET , Trivandrum.
4. Participated an FDP on Advances in Manufacturing Engineering conducted by NIT Calicut and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
5. Participated in ISTE workshop on Applied Thermodynamics conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
6. Participated in ISTE workshop on Aakash Tablets conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
7. Participated in ISTE workshop on Applied Thermodynamics conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
8. Participated in workshop for state level Engineers conducted CCDU and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
9. Member of Organising Committee of National conference on Applied Linear Algebra and Transform Techniques conducted by MBCET, Trivandrum.
Workshops/Faculty Training Programmes
1. 2-WEEK ISTE WORKSHOP on Engineering Thermodynamics, National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Govt. of India) December 11th to 21st December, 2012 conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
2. 2 days ISTE Workshop on Aakash for Education, National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Govt. of India), November 10th, 2012 to November 11th, 2012, conducted by IIT Bombay and organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
3. AICTE and MHRD Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Advances in Manufacturing Engineering” during 21 – 25 May 2012 held at National Institute of Technology Calicut.
4. ISTE sponsored Short Term Training Programme on “Advances in CFD Applications”, 14th and 18th November 2011, organised by MBCET, Trivandrum.
5. AICTE and MHRD Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Advances in Numerical and Statistical Techniques for Engineers” during 30th May and 3rd June 2011 held at National Institute of Technology Calicut.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Education and Research, imparting ethical values for the betterment of mankind.
To impart Technical Knowledge and Values through continuous Training and Research for the overall development of the Stakeholders.