ACCOLADES WON BY STUDENTS (CURRICULAR ACTIVITES):
- Jerin Sam James, Joseph Panicker, Abhiram A P, Midhun M S of S4EE1 and Jobby Johnson (S4EE2) got their idea selected as BEST IDEA in the prestigious event IDEA FEST 2018 conducted by Kerala Startup Mission.
Project Name: Green Aqua Generator
Fablab support and mentoring with funding support: Rs. 20,000/-
- Sajeevan R S and Nikhil P Nair of S4EE2 participated in Autobots Workshop at MBCET on 24th & 25th March 2018.
- A total of 20 students (S6EE1, S6EE2, S4EE1 and S4EE2) completed TIERA internship on Labview at MBCET on 16th to 21st July 2018.
- Sandra, Varsha and Allen J of S6EE1 participated in KAIZEN IOT Workshop conducted by IIT Madras during the month of June, 2018.
- Aditya S Kumar, Bibin Sam Varghese an Adarsh Chandra Mohan of S4EE1 participated in “Think 10X” Workshop conducted by IEDC at MBCET on 24th February 2018.
- 6 students of EEE department attended “Photography Workshop” conducted by ASCE-MBCET on 20th July 2018.
- All the students of S2EE, S4EE and S6EE completed their internship at many places of KSEB Electrical section office, Milma plant, TELK Angamaly and Accubits Technologies during June – July 2018.
- 4 students of S8, EE got placed in the companies Infosys and Travancore Analytics.
- AiswaryaVijayan, Anna Sara George, Gopika Chandralal, Sangeetha G. S. of S3, EE1 participated in the Sphere Drone Design Workshop conducted by Aerotrix at Government Engineering College Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram under the banner of Aagneya ’17 on 4th& 5th February 2017.
- 31 students of S3, EE1 participated in Shrieeek 2017, Introduction to IEEE organization conducted at MBCET on 11th February 2017.
- Abhiram A. P., Adithya S. Kumar, Bhavana Suresh, Jerin Sam James, Midhun M. S., of S3, EE1 participated in the Intel Innovator Activity held at MBCET on 18th February 2017.
- Rohit Mathew Samuel (S3, EE1) participated in the NodeMCU Workshop conducted by RoboCET on 5th March 2017 as an initiative of Drishti 2017, technical fest of CET.
- Abhiram A. P., Jerin Sam James of S3, EE1 participated in Arduino Buzz held as a part of the National level Intercollegiate fest of LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura – Yagna Dhruva ‘17 on 12th and 13th March 2017.
- Abhiram A. P., Jerin Sam James of S3, EE1 participated in Tech Olympiad held as a part of the National level Intercollegiate fest of LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura – Yagna Dhruva ‘17 on 12th and 13th March 2017.
- Lavina S. Vijay (S3, EE1), Aarathy B Mohan (S5, EE2), Akshara Jalasteen (S5, EE2), KrishnaKumar P S (S5, EE2) and Sachin Satheesh Kumar (S5, EE2) completed a two-day project based training programme on RC Aircraft Design conducted by Skyfilabs at MBCET on 19th March 2017.
- Students of S7, EE completed their 4 days Industrial training at Sabarigiri Power House, Moozhiyar, Lower Periyar Power House, Kakkayam Power House, 110kV Substation Parutipara, 220kV Substation Pothencode and 110kV Substation Thirumala from 8th – 19th May 2017.
- Jerin G Sam (S3, EE1) got first prize in Idea presentation competition conducted as a part of IEEE International Conference on Networks and Advances In Computational Technologies (NetACT17) conducted by Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with IEEE computer society student chapter, MBCET from 20th – 22nd July 2017.
- All the students of S3, EE1 completed their internship at many places of KSEB Electrical section office during June – July 2017.
- All the students of S3, EE2 completed their internship at KSEB Electrical section office, Keltron and Bhub during June – July 2017.
- Greeshma Susan John and Neeraj of S7, EE completed their at NIISH from 3rd to 15th July 2017.
- Athul Nair, Arya S L, Fathima S, Greeshma Susan John, Neha, Lisna of S7, EE, Jerin G Sam (S3, EE1) and Jobby Johnson (S3, EE2) attended E-Yantra Workshop held at MBCET from 17th to 21st July 2017. They had an introduction and project session with Fire bird 5, Raspberry Pi, Aurdino and Serial Interfacing.
- Jobby Johnson (S4, EE2) and Jerin Sam James (S4, EE1) were chofor doing internship with IoT team at EY, Trivandrum.
- 20 students from S4 EE1 and EE2 attended the TEDX workshop on 26th August 2017.
- All the students of S2, EE1 participated in Shrieeek, Introduction to IEEE organization conducted at MBCET at 13th January 2018.
- Ashwini A Kammath, Aravind H, Diya Santha D R, Gautham K Sajith, John T P, Navneetha of S4, EE2 and Adithya S Kumar, Aparna and Bhavana of S4, EE1attended Workshop on sixth sense Robotics at IIT Madras on 10th January 2018.
- Asish A, Daniel, Yadhu (S4, EE2) Jerin Sam James, Abhiram S, Muraleekrishnan, Arjun and Joseph John Panicker of S4, EE1 participated in Drone Workshop held at IIT Madras on 6th January 2018.
- Jobby (S4, EE2), Joseph John Panicker (S4, EE1) and Jerin Sam James (S4, EE1) participated in “Aero Modelling & hovercraft competition” at IIT Madras on 5th – 7th January 2018.
- Many students of S2, EE1 participated in mobile making workshop held at MBCET.
- Many students of S2EE1, S4EE2 attended Ethical Hacking Workshop on February 2018.
- Jobby (S4, EE2) was elected as “IEDC Execom Member Creative Curator”, Joseph John Panicker (S4, EE1) was elected as “Creative Curator of IEDC” Jerin Sam James (S4, EE1) was elected as Chief Technical Officier of Catalyst MBCET IEDC from 15th January to 31st December 2018.
- A total number of 6 students from S8, EE are placed in various companies namely IBS, Infosys and Sportshood.
- Shilpa Susan Peter (M.Tech, Power Control and Drives) secured Kerala University first rank in the year 2014 – 2016.
- 3 students of S8, EE secured 1st prize in World Space Week- 2016 presentation competition conducted by ISRO on October 2016.
Students attended: Ann Mary Toms, Jaisal Jacob and Sreejith R
- 5 students of S5, EE International Seminar on Power India: “Impacts of Climate Change and Imperatives for Rapid Transition” at Energy Management Center, Sreekaryam, Trivandrum from 14th to 15th November 2016.
Students attended: Ananthakrishnan P, Amal V, Greeshma Susan John, Anjali S K, Gayathri Gopal V and K Mano Chandran.
- 30 students of S8, EE completed a one day Industrial Visit to Sabarigiri Hydroelectric Power Plant, Moozhiyar on 18th February 2017.
- 2 students of S8, EE secured 3rd prize in paper presentation in KSEB Engineers Association on February 2017.
Students attended: Donna David and Sarreen Sara Solomon
- Jongee Chandy and K Mano Chandran (S6, EE) secured 2nd position in the college level “Grandmaster’s Quiz” conducted by ISTE Chapter – MBCET on September 2016.
- Amal Praveen (S5, EEE) secured gold medal in junior and senior level District Weight Lifting competition held on 21st April 2016.
- Amal Praveen (S5, EEE) secured silver medal for junior level and bronze medal for senior level District Power Lifting competition held on 9th June 2016.
- Sara John and Gayathri Gopal of S5, EEE secured 1st prize in Inter branch Caroms competition held on March 2016.
- Krishna Prasad S S (S5,EEE) banned 1st prize for Orchestra and 2nd prize for Stringed Instrument (Eastern) in Kerala University Kalotsavam held on 17th April 2016.
- Akshara M A (S7, EEE) secured 2nd prize for Keralanadanam in Kerala Youth Festival held on 16th – 20th March 2016.
- Sareen Sara Solemon banned 1st prize for the following events namely Ganamela, Percussion Solo Western and University Netball in Kerala Youth festival held on 16th – 20th March 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in Barton Hill Fest held on 6th March 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for International Hip Hop Championship at NIT Calicut held on 4th April 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in Lourde Matha College of Engineering, Trivandrum held on 7th April 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in Kottayam Rajeev Gandhi College held on 8th April 2016.
- Nandhakumar and Brahmanand M secured 1st prize for dance in SCT Fest Cult a Way at SCT, Trivandrum on 9th April 2016.
- Visakh S. S.(S3, EE1) secured second prize in painting competition conducted on behalf of Water and Forest Conservation day.
- Akash R. S.(S3, EE1) has been the Runner up in APJ Abdul Kalam University Zone A Inter Collegiate Football (men) tournament in 2016 – 17.
- Sanjna Pramod (S3, EE1) secured First prize in APJ Abdul Kalam University Zone A Inter Collegiate Basketball (women) tournament organised by MBCET in 2016 – 17.
- Arjun J S (S5, EE2) secured first runner up in All Kerala KTU Table Tennis Championship 2017 held at CET, Trivandrum.
- Jerin Sam James (S3, EE1) won second place in Javelin throw of Men’s category in Athletic Meet at MBCET on 18th February 2017.
- Joseph John Panicker (S3, EE1) secured first prize in IET PATW competition College Heats conducted by IET student chapter, MBCET on 10th March 2017.
- Lekshmy P (S5, EE2) secured 2nd runner up for Badminton state tournament in March 2017,held at Tors Academy Trivandrum.
- Begum Yasmine (S5, EE2) secured first runner up for GV RAJA state tournament in April 2017 and Trivandrum open in June 2017.
- Joseph John Panicker (S3, EE1) secured first prize in IET PATW competition College Heats conducted by IET student chapter, MBCET on 10th March 2017.
- Ashwini A Kammath (S3, EE2) secured third prize in IET PATW competition College Heats conducted by IET student chapter, MBCET on 10th March 2017.
- Anulekshmi (S4, EE1) secured 1st prize in IET Regional Fest poster making competition at MBCET on 21st September 2017.
- Sreelakshmi and Frijina of S4, EE2 secured 1st prize in IET Regional Fest poster making competition at MBCET on 21st September 2017.
- Lekshmy P, Varsha V Mohan, Inez Ann Mathew, Meghna A, Parvathy Subhagan of S6, EE2 secured 2nd prize in IET Regional Fest poster making competition at MBCET on 21st September 2017.
- Arya A V and Devu T S of S6, EE2 secured 2nd prize for Basketball Tournament Zone A held at Central Stadium, Trivandrum on September 2017.
- Mekha Nair M L (S4, EE1) secured 1st runner up in KTU A – Zone Shuttle Badminton Championship at CET on 17th October 2017.
- Manjima (S4, EE2) was chosen to District level competition in “Speak for India” conducted by Mathrubhumi on October 2017.
- Amal Praveen (S8, EE) secured 1st prize in Kerala University Inter Collegiate Weight Lifting Competition 62kg weight category on November 14th, 2017.
- Greeshma Susan John (S8, EE) secured 1st prize at PATW Competition held at CET as a part of Drishti 2018 on January 2018.
- Joseph John Panicker (S4, EE1) secured 3rd prize at PATW Competition held at CET as a part of Drishti 2018 on January 2018.
- Akash (S4, EE1) participated in Zonal Level Football tournament.
- Prince Regi Joseph (S6, EE2) secured 1st prize at University Level Netball tournament held at Thrissur on February 2018.
- Prince Regi Joseph (S6, EE2) secured 2nd prize at Zonal Level Chess Competition held at GECB, Trivandrum on February 2018.
- Evita Anilkumar (S8, EE) secured 2nd prize in Women Team Kerala University Intercollegiate Netball Tournament held on February 2018.
- Augustine and Nikhil Mohamed (S8, EE) secured 1st prize in Men Team Kerala University Intercollegiate Netball Tournament held on February 2018.
- Mekha Nair M L (S4, EE1) secures 1st prize in Baselian Badminton tournament on 17th February 2018 at MBCET.
- Nikhil Mohamed (S8, EE) represents Kerala University Team in Netball National Tournament.
- Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology received the BEST STUDENT CHAPTER AWARD under the IET Kanyakumari Local Network. The awards were received on 25th March, 2017, during the Award Ceremony held in College of Engineering, Trivandrum. Awardees from MBCET are:
- Sneha Susan Sunny (S6 EE): IET KKLN Academic Performance Award
- Athul S Nair (S6 EE): IET KKLN Leadership Award
- Anand Joseph (S4 EE1): IET KKLN Best Organizer Award
- Amaresh Gowri Shankar (S8 EE): IET KKLN Best Outgoing Student Award
- Midhun M S (S2 EE1): IET KKLN Innovation Award
- Kaveri Anil (S4 EE2): IET KKLN Best Volunteer Award
- PATW- Present Around The World, Presentation Competition – Global Event, the College Heats is conducted on March 10th by IET MBCET Chapter. The winner and 2nd runner up for the event are Joseph John Panicker (S2, EE1) and Ashwini Kammath (S2, EE2). The Winner and Runner-ups from the Heats, will enter the Local Network Level Competition to be held on March 25th, 2017 in College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- Amal Praveen (S6, EEE) secured silver medal in junior and senior level Trivandrum District Weight Lifting competition category held on October 2016.
- Diya santha D.R (S2, EE2) secured 1st prize in APJAKTU Zone A women Basketball champions held on November 2016.
- Gautham K Sajith (S2, EE2) secured runners up position in APJAKTU Zone A table tennis men held on November 2016.
- Sajeevan R.S (S2, EE2) secured runners up position in APJAKTU Inter collegiate cricket tournament held on November 2016.
- Arjun J S (S4, EE2) secured 2nd prize in All Kerala Inter Collegiate KTU Table Tennis Championship held at CET, Trivandrum in November 2016.
- Arya A. V and Devu T.S (S4, EE2) won 1st prize in Basketball zone – A and 3rd prize in state level basketball tournament in November 2016.
- Brahmanand M and Nandakumar A (S8, EE) secured 2nd prize in Waves’16-Natyanjali at BITS Pilani, Goa campus on December 2016.
- Amal Praveen (S6, EEE) secured gold medal for Kerala University Weight Lifting 56kg category held on January 2017.
- Rakhi J S, Nandini, Kripa S Babu, Krishna S dileep, Lincy Lazar, Jyothy, Athulya Sivaprasad, Pradeep Gopan, Navanith and Aravind (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “Travancore Titanium Products Limited, Kochuveli” for a duration of five days.
- Chitraja, Aiswarya, Gincy, Rithu and Donna (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “110kV Thirumalla Substation” for duration of five days.
- Natasha, Merin and Deepa (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “TELK, Angamaly” and “Paruthipara Substation” for a duration of five days.
- Jaisal, Amal R S, Sreejith R, Govind, Amaresh and Abhishek (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “FACTS, fertilizers and Chemicals, Aluva” for a duration of five days.
- Kevin, Jijin, Jomin, Jovin, Job and Apraim (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “KEL, Mammala, Ernakulam” for a duration of five days.
- Karhik, Nandhakumar and Anup Ghosh (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “Schneider, Chennai” for a duration of five days.
- Ann Mary Toms (S7, EEE) completed her implant training at “CKR Consulting Engineers” for duration of five days.
- Annie, Akshara and Ganga (S7, EEE) completed their implant training at “Keltron, Karakulam” for a duration of five days.
- Sarreen Sara Solomon (S7, EEE) completed her implant training at “KAPCO Transformer Compant Limited” and “PRESTIGE Cable Manufacturing Company” for duration of five days.
Commitment to Society
Visit to St. Thomas Karunya Guidance Centre
Illumina organized a charity work at St. Thomas Karunya Guidance Centre, Ulloor, Thiruvananthapuram. This is a centre under the Orthodox Church, where cancer patients under treatment at RCC and their bystanders, from financially weak background can stay including food absolutely for free. The teachers and students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department visited the centre on 29th March 2016 and donated Rs. 1,35,260/- for medical aid and food.
The Department actively engages in updating its technical skills and knowledge and foster Industry – Institution interaction through various technical activities of the Electrical Engineering Students association-‘ILLUMINA’. Talks by experts from various organizations, debates, technical quizzes, paper presentations, etc. conducted by the Association ensure constant motivation and encouragement to the students for their overall development of personality and technical exposure. Apart from this, as a part of social commitment, the students voluntarily take part in charity programmes.
A 40 Hrs training programme was conducted for the final year students on Auto CADD Electrical with Autodesk Certification (Autocadd 2d, Electrical CADD) by Lines and Circles, Chettikulangara, Trivandrum on April 2013.
A one day visit to Sree Chitra Thirunal Orphange, Pazhavangadi, Thiruvananthapuram was arranged by ILLUMINA on 16th February 2013. Food,gift articles and clothes were distributed to the destitute and the team members entertained the inmates.
The department will be shortly starting a preparatory course for the final & pre-final year students to equip them for the GATE & other entrance examinations.
Quiz Prelims and Finals
As part of Illumina, Quiz prelims were conducted participating 49 teams with two members in each team from S1S2, S4, S6 and S8 classes on 17-01-14. Six teams progressed to the finals held on 23-01-14. Top three teams represented S8 class. Cash awards of Rs. 1000/-, Rs. 500 and Rs. 250/- were distributed respectively to first, second and third position winners.
An inspiring talk on “Embedded Systems” was given to the students of S7 EEE (2009-2013 Batch) on 30th July 2012 by Prof. Indulal Sreedharan , Vice Chairman, IET YPS, Chennai Network and also a faculty of Dept of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum. Mr. Indulal is currently pusuing his research in Fuzzy Logic. He enlightened the students about the scope and opportunities of Embedded Systems and 8051. He was assisted by Mr. E T Ebin, Program Co-ordinator, IET, YPS Chennai, Mc University Trainer, Silicon Labs, Austin, Texas, USA. They emphasized on the simulation and emulation processes, the working of ES software and even demonstrated the working of the ES kit. The students were encouraged to adopt ES Project works. The session was organized by the IET Faculty Advisors, Ms. Jomole Joseph P and MS. Divya N A, & Faculty-in-Charge for Embedded Systems (S7-Elective), Ms. Manju Sreekumar.
Electrical Engineering Department encourages the students of fifth/sixth semester to attend Industrial visits outside and inside Kerala. The main objective of this type of Industrial Visit is to give the students an exposure of working environment in Industries, a visual experience on the working of Electrical Machineries, Switchgears, different stages in the Power generation, transmission and distribution, making and moulding of accessories related to the Electrical Engineering etc. The students are required to present a detailed report on the Industries visited.
Some of the main industries visited are:
- Hydro Electric power station, Pallivasal.
- Oblum Electrical Industries, Hyderabad.
- Transformers and electrical Kerala ltd, Angamaly.
- 110kV substation, Paruthipatra.
- 400kV power grid substation, Andoorkonam.
- Gas Insulated Substation, Trivandrum.
- Generating station, Thenmala.
- HAL Bangalore.
- CETE, Hyderabad.
- Hydro Electric project, Lower Meenmutty.
- TMR Thirumala.
- BHEL, Bangalore.
- CPRI, Bangalore.
- Visweshwarayya Science and Technology Museum, Bangalore.
- Green Building, Banglore.etc
1. Regional Cancer Centre, Medical College
Five students representing Electrical department spend time with children below 14 years of age in the pediatric ward of RCC on 15-02-14 between 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm. Children were given educational books, collected clothes, distributed tea and coffee.
2. Ammathottil, Thycaud
Students and seven teachers from the department visited ‘Ammathittil’, a home for children less than 5 years of age on 21-02-14 between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm. Toys, baby products, cradles worth Rs. 31000/- were distributed.
3. Anandanilayam, Manacaud
Students and two teachers of the department visited ‘Anandanilayam’, an orphanage on 23-02-2014. Provisions worth Rs. 13000/- were donated.